You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What's happened to the normal satellites?

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
All of the sats for tonights double stack are 3 minute blinds with 1000 starting stack. What's up with that?

It's just a complete lottery to qualify & my BR doesn't stretch to the full buy in. Please can we have the normal sats back & start them the night before if need be (as has already been suggested by a few on here)

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to What's happened to the normal satellites?:
    All of the sats for tonights double stack are 3 minute blinds with 1000 starting stack. What's up with that? It's just a complete lottery to qualify & my BR doesn't stretch to the full buy in. Please can we have the normal sats back & start them the night before if need be (as has already been suggested by a few on here)
    Posted by silentbob
    Hi Bob,

All the usual satellites have been running all day into the semi at 5pm. I have just added some extra speed ones which can run later as well as through the day to give the players more options.

Kind regards,

Bernie
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: What's happened to the normal satellites?:
    In Response to What's happened to the normal satellites? : Hi Bob, All the usual satellites have been running all day into the semi at 5pm. I have just added some extra speed ones which can run later as well as through the day to give the players more options. Kind regards, Bernie
    Posted by Sky_Bernie
    Thanks for coming back on this Bernie. Is this going to be the same for every 8pm tourney then? If so what about those that are working during the day?

To be honest, I don't particularly want to enter a lottery to gain entry into tournaments that my bankroll generally doesn't support at this stage.

Also, has there been any movement on the idea of starting sats the night before as I'm sure Rich came back in that particular thread to say it would be looked into but I've not heard anything more?

Cheers

Jay
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: What's happened to the normal satellites? : Thanks for coming back on this Bernie. Is this going to be the same for every 8pm tourney then? If so what about those that are working during the day? To be honest, I don't particularly want to enter a lottery to gain entry into tournaments that my bankroll generally doesn't support at this stage. Also, has there been any movement on the idea of starting sats the night before as I'm sure Rich came back in that particular thread to say it would be looked into but I've not heard anything more? Cheers Jay
    Posted by silentbob
    Hi silent bob i have just finished the 18.15 sat for this tourney and managed to qualify and it was far from a lottery on the tables i was sat at.I only saw good play throughout.dav
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: What's happened to the normal satellites? : Hi silent bob i have just finished the 18.15 sat for this tourney and managed to qualify and it was far from a lottery on the tables i was sat at.I only saw good play throughout.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    Hi dav, seems you got lucky there (or maybe I was unlucky?!). I did try 2 of these as they were very cheap but beyond the 3rd blind level it really becomes shove or fold. TBH, I don't think it would even be that bad having 3 minute blinds if you had a bigger starting stack (maybe 3000 like the scarys), but with 1000 chips and really quick blinds I personally believe it becomes a lottery much quicker than it should do.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: What's happened to the normal satellites? : Hi dav, seems you got lucky there (or maybe I was unlucky?!). I did try 2 of these as they were very cheap but beyond the 3rd blind level it really becomes shove or fold. TBH, I don't think it would even be that bad having 3 minute blinds if you had a bigger starting stack (maybe 3000 like the scarys), but with 1000 chips and really quick blinds I personally believe it becomes a lottery much quicker than it should do.
    Posted by silentbob
    You are prob right,guess i just got lucky and was playing pretty tight players.gl dav
  • edited January 2010
    Hi guys,

I think a 3000 starting stack for a tourney beginning only 1.75 hours before the main event may risk overrunning. The structure has to be such that the sat will definitely complete - can't even risk a 1% chance of going beyond 8pm 
  • edited January 2010
    Hi guys, I think a 3000 starting stack for a tourney beginning only 1.75 hours before the main event may risk overrunning. The structure has to be such that the sat will definitely complete - can't even risk a 1% chance of going beyond 8pm 
    Posted by darich
    You may well be right there darich, although with 3 minute blinds it's more likely it wouldn't but I certainly agree that you couldn't take the risk with it.

Which then brings me back to my original point. As most people are working during the day why can't sats be started the night before as has been suggested by people previously?