You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Finaaaaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyyy the donk has come back to sky poker

edited September 2014 in Poker Chat
welome back brother,small step at a time an all that

Comments

• edited August 2014
    I have come back from a 6 month self exclusion well what can i say about the last 6 months alot of things ave happened this may be a long post so if u fall asleep half way thru i understand :)  so alot of changes i say for the good that is before i took a 6 month break i was indoors all the time no social life grinding away on poker all tho i had a nice bankroll and  i was a winning player i wasnt enjoying myself on the poker tables i  hated my lifestyle never going out sitting indoors looking at 4 walls all the time upto 16 hrs a day playing poker

Back to my life away from poker i had to sort a few demons out from my past n family relatives passing away my dad n grandad who i missed loads n i needed some help so i took the first big step admitting i needed help so i went n saw a councellor for 6 weeks n its the best thing i done he made me believe again a light at the end of a tunnel as i was in a bad place taking anti depression tablets all the time suffering with anxiety just feel a whole lot better in myself as a person

Within the last 3 months i started volluntary work another big step as i not had a job for 4 years so i wanted to do something to give me the boost in getting a full time job so instead of going str8 in the deepend i thought i do some volluntary work and its good for the cv saying ya doing some work for nothing so i done that for a month

A month later i found myself working a full time job well happy the pay is ok doing 40 hrs a week now midday to 8pm monday - friday 

GOAL  is to save up some money each month from my work job n get my own place this time next year get back to my oldself like i was 10 years ago the bubbly outgoing me i am getting there now as im meeting people n working so interacting with people instead of being behind a laptop all day small things make me :)

I wont be on poker as much now just the odd poker tourney over the weekend all tho i made money on poker just cba to grind and no time to grind now so the odd mtt it is :) 

I wont bore u annymore ha  anyway good luck to u all at the table and thanks for having time to read this

p.s  and yeah ya might think he might be working but still cr ap at grammar lol yeah ya right

laters all run good
  • edited August 2014
    Cheers pal of to work back laters gl at the tables m8ey
  • edited August 2014
    Good to read you have taken positive steps with your life.

Congrats
  • edited August 2014
    Welcome back Donk
  • edited August 2014
    Welcome back Donk!

Great to hear things are going well and you have found a job.
  • edited August 2014
    Well done fella. Keep it up.
  • edited August 2014
    nice to see you back Steve, & in a better place...

RUN GOLDEN MATE.
    (*  *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited August 2014
    welcome back mate good to hear everything going good for you and gl on the tables :)
  • edited August 2014

Enjoy Steve and gl ;')
  • edited August 2014
    WE GOT PARAGRAPHS!

Steve great news, very happy for you. Welcome back. And your always welcome to come back to TPT too.
  • edited August 2014
    Welcome Back m8y.

Sounds like your on the right track - keep focused m8.
  • edited August 2014
    Jesus, mate - it was hard enough trying to decipher one of your sentences, never mind all of this.

Can someone fluent in Donk, break it down for me, please?

Is he back or what?
  • edited August 2014
    Welcome back,good to hear you are putting things in perspective,good luck at the tables and in life in General.,well done on the job front ,hope you enjoy.
  • edited August 2014
    woooow thanks for all ya replies much appreciated  i was expecting a rubdown or 2 ha

thanks guys good luck at the tables  just a shame i cant play the dtd on the monday as i finish at 8pm  gd fun those tourney were with gd banter at the tables
  • edited August 2014
    Great post idcu,

I'm so pleased to see that things are clearer for you. I've been through this myself so I know how you feel. Depression can be such a dark hole at times. People who have never truly had it can never understand. Seeking help was the first big step. You've made some strong decisions and changed your patterns and consequently your mood. It's no easy thing but you've managed it and should be proud of yourself. The future will have ups and downs but it's the recognition of change being needed and what to do that's so hard and is crucial. 
    As for poker. You use it for pleasure now and don't let it dominate your life. With a clear mind you can continue to find other enjoyable paths as well as the odd tournament. The world really can be your oyster.  All the best fella!!!
  • edited August 2014
    thanks prof  yeah my freinds dont understand what depression is they think u can switch it of n on like a tap lol dnt understand its an illness

i wont be playing much just the odd mtt over the weekend i still do my posts on here and the poker clinic etc
  • edited August 2014
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Finaaaaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyyy the donk has come back to sky poker:
    Hurry back!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    6 month self exclusion in OP

....wasn't the bet 12 months? ;)
  • edited August 2014
  • edited August 2014
    all the best sir
  • edited August 2014
    If someone opens a book ill have 2/3 weeks :)
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Finaaaaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyyy the donk has come back to sky poker:
    If someone opens a book ill have 2/3 weeks :)
    Posted by shuv
    I'll take the under.
    Welcome back ;-)

• edited August 2014
    Welcome back pal glad everything's going well!
  • edited August 2014

Welcome back mate gl with the job & gl on the tables
  • edited August 2014
    cheers all  under 2/3 weeeks lol  im on a 3 month contract so i be there for atleast 3 months ;)
  • edited August 2014
    thanks prof  yeah my freinds dont understand what depression is they think u can switch it of n on like a tap lol dnt understand its an illness i wont be playing much just the odd mtt over the weekend i still do my posts on here and the poker clinic etc
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Welcome back donk. i know a few ppl who,ve said or thought the same in the past , but its only when they,ve experienced it they change there views. GL on the tables
  • edited August 2014
    welcome back bud, i speak to you from time to time on favebook and its clear youve taken this time away to really push urself in the right direction. 

All the best bud
  • edited August 2014
     Welcome back donk!! --- some people are too stupid to understand depression---- they think there is always a light at the end of the tunnel------ night time----- durrrrrr!
  • edited August 2014
    lol nutter  
    don ave a chat now n then on facebook let of some steam :) 
    cheers mp33 i prob have a game on here 2moro
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Finaaaaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyyy the donk has come back to sky poker:
    I have come back from a 6 month self exclusion well what can i say about the last 6 months alot of things ave happened this may be a long post so if u fall asleep half way thru i understand :)  so alot of changes i say for the good that is before i took a 6 month break i was indoors all the time no social life grinding away on poker all tho i had a nice bankroll and  i was a winning player i wasnt enjoying myself on the poker tables i  hated my lifestyle never going out sitting indoors looking at 4 walls all the time upto 16 hrs a day playing poker Back to my life away from poker i had to sort a few demons out from my past n family relatives passing away my dad n grandad who i missed loads n i needed some help so i took the first big step admitting i needed help so i went n saw a councellor for 6 weeks n its the best thing i done he made me believe again a light at the end of a tunnel as i was in a bad place taking anti depression tablets all the time suffering with anxiety just feel a whole lot better in myself as a person Within the last 3 months i started volluntary work another big step as i not had a job for 4 years so i wanted to do something to give me the boost in getting a full time job so instead of going str8 in the deepend i thought i do some volluntary work and its good for the cv saying ya doing some work for nothing so i done that for a month A month later i found myself working a full time job well happy the pay is ok doing 40 hrs a week now midday to 8pm monday - friday  GOAL  is to save up some money each month from my work job n get my own place this time next year get back to my oldself like i was 10 years ago the bubbly outgoing me i am getting there now as im meeting people n working so interacting with people instead of being behind a laptop all day small things make me :) I wont be on poker as much now just the odd poker tourney over the weekend all tho i made money on poker just cba to grind and no time to grind now so the odd mtt it is :)  I wont bore u annymore ha  anyway good luck to u all at the table and thanks for having time to read this p.s  and yeah ya might think he might be working but still cr ap at grammar lol yeah ya right laters all run good
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn