You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLO8 DYM bubble advice please

edited August 2014 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancedragon1964Small blind 200.00200.00995.00Macacgirl1Big blind 400.00600.001640.00 Your hole cardsQ7A2   pomfrittesFold    xRaise 1400.002000.003245.00dragon1964All-in 995.002995.000.00Macacgirl1Fold    xUnmatched bet 205.002790.003450.00I had seen villain raise with worse hands than I had
I was shorty, was I right to call?

I am just learning so any advice/criticism appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Hi Dragon, In a word, yes, I think you did the right thing given your stack size, being on the bubble and the blinds level.
    I remember the game and the player on the button. If you hadn't gotten the chips in the middle when you did, you would have been put all-in again when you were next the BB anyway. Others might disagree with me, but I'd do the same.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: PLO8 DYM bubble advice please:
    Hi Dragon, In a word, yes, I think you did the right thing given your stack size, being on the bubble and the blinds level. I remember the game and the player on the button. If you hadn't gotten the chips in the middle when you did, you would have been put all-in again when you were next the BB anyway. Others might disagree with me, but I'd do the same.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    +1
  • edited August 2014
    +2.

It's a pretty good hand and as the others have said you couldn't really afford to wait any longer. It's always better to be the initial raiser rather the reraiser (all in) when that short as you know he can't fold to your shove, but I don't think I'm ever folding that hand in that position, unlucky if he shows AK2x, AA2x etc. Even if he does you can always get a 77x board to take the pot with the worst card in your hand. 
  • edited August 2014

What the others said, totally & 100% correct call.

Tuney's words added some extra info....

"....It's always better to be the initial raiser rather the reraiser (all in) when that short as you know he can't fold to your shove, but I don't think I'm ever folding that hand in that position,...."

We always PREFER to be the raiser, as we force folds 70% of the time (% varies according to circumstances & oppo), but in this case, high-five the dealer & run a lap of honour round the table, you can't be in terrible shape against anything.

Good to see you enjoing the PLO8, & you seem to be learning fast. Tell your friends, ploppers have more fun.