You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Interesting spot 3 handed MTT Fiver BH

edited August 2014 in Tournament Strategy

I don't mind peeling pre, we are quite shallow to be 3 betting and folding to a 4 bet jam. Also don't think we can fold.

And on the turn we flop pretty nice.

I was just thinking IP call and re assess on the turn.

Also about of ICM going on, I am chip leader (just) Villian in hand is 2nd in chips. Short stack has 30k.

effelreedSmall blind 1000.001000.0048055.00LARSON7Big blind 2000.003000.0050270.00 Your hole cardsA7   hughes0172Fold    effelreedRaise 3000.006000.0045055.00LARSON7Call 2000.008000.0048270.00Flop  545   effelreedBet 6000.0014000.0039055.00LARSON7Call 
*Edit; Don't like the call at all!

Comments

• edited August 2014
    You're right (latterly).

I ain't calling that flop either. You know as well as I do that he is extremely unlikely to have hit that, and certainly no better than you did. Why are you calling one eighth of your stack on that flop? If you're playing A7 suited, it's because this is exactly the flop you're looking for - am I wrong?

He bets 6k. You shove over the top. Most pocket pairs call (especially in a low-level bounty hunter) and a lot of players with two paint cards call as well. With two overs yourself and the hut flush draw, you're in pretty good shape against almost anything your opponent is realistically holding.

Worst case scenario he has pocket 4s, but you ain't giving him credit for that.

I'm actually extremely surprised to see you call that flop. I've played you a lot and you're far more aggresive than this hand makes you look...

...beginning to wonder if this isn't blatant advertising ;)
  • edited August 2014
    3betting pre to call off any jam.

Cheers for giving us plenty of reads to go on ;)
  • edited August 2014

Call pre, call flop. 

Both pretty easy decisions this deep imo. 

Turn could be interesting if you miss..........
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Interesting spot 3 handed MTT Fiver BH:
    Call pre, call flop.  Both pretty easy decisions this deep imo.  Turn could be interesting if you miss..........
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You're just calling the flop?
  • edited August 2014
    Prefer 3betting to peeling pre, unless the villain it the type to call a 3bet from a very shallow stack. In theory the villain should only be folding or jamming. With a shorter stack around he is only likely to jam with premiums. It is ok to 3 bet from stacks this shallow, but sizing is important. Something like 9k a9.5k should do the trick.

As played, there are arguments to call or raise the flop bet. I would suggest that the villain is so unlikely to have much on this board that it may be better to call the flop with the intention of jamming over almost any turn card they barrel on. If they check then u can obv bet too. I like this line a lot because u win more from their 2 barrel bluffs, and Almost all the villains value hands would call a raise on the flop anyway. Also, calling flop and raising turn looks like u are less FOS on this board too.

• edited August 2014
    3betting pre to call off any jam.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    ^^
  • edited August 2014
    Prefer 3betting to peeling pre, unless the villain it the type to call a 3bet from a very shallow stack. In theory the villain should only be folding or jamming. With a shorter stack around he is only likely to jam with premiums. It is ok to 3 bet from stacks this shallow, but sizing is important. Something like 9k a9.5k should do the trick. As played, there are arguments to call or raise the flop bet. I would suggest that the villain is so unlikely to have much on this board that it may be better to call the flop with the intention of jamming over almost any turn card they barrel on. If they check then u can obv bet too. I like this line a lot because u win more from their 2 barrel bluffs, and Almost all the villains value hands would call a raise on the flop anyway. Also, calling flop and raising turn looks like u are less FOS on this board too.
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Hahaha....LOL live pros giving advice about online hands!
  • edited August 2014
    There's 14k in the middle already due to villains large c-bet size. I mean we could flat b/c we likely have the best hand and we have position but we'd want a decent read on villains 2 barreling tendencies - if he's 2 barrel bluffing a lot then flatting has a lot of merit but if he's just giving up a lot then all we're doing when we flat is potentially giving him a free card. Another bad thing can occur OTT is if villain check/shoves on us - where we're now calling off basically to hit a flush. 

I think an interesting option is just to min-r the flop. We give him the option to do jam with a hand like KQ/KJ (with 1 heart) drawing very thin. We also give him the option to jam a worse FD (which he might fold if we outright jam)

Pretty much however you play this you can't go too wrong though - I think all options have merit - and if we do just jam, the 14k in the middle is a nice chip increase. If we get called we're going to be slightly worse than flipping with 1st place a good lock on for whoever wins the hand.

As for pre-flop play: I know chicknmelt's a better tournament player than me (loved Matt's post above!!) but I don't think there's a need to 3bet here. Most people play pretty tight in the SB on sky and don't raise too light and so I don't think A7s is far enough ahead of his opening range to be wanting to GII here. Against a BTN raise - sure. But if we flat here we have position with a slightly under-repped hand and ability to flop quite well. 

• edited August 2014
    Call pre, call flop.  Both pretty easy decisions this deep imo.  Turn could be interesting if you miss..........
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This.
  • edited August 2014
    Really interesting about 3 betting pre flop.

Was speaking to some one about it this morning, it is profitable 3 betting in this spot. Blind on blind they can be opening pretty wide. But I don't know how often we are getting folds "it's only another 4-5k to call with my 2 cards(in a low buy in game)

In low buy in BH'ers will be interesting to see how often we get the folds here, defo worth a shot. 

Didn't like 3 bet/ folding 2 a 4 bet jam, but as was pointed out to me this is not going to happen all that often at all.

• edited August 2014
    Prefer a 3bet pre, but there are definitely some merits to just calling. 

the way its played i feel like im shoving/raise committing on that flop. because unless you know the player well it can get so awkward on that turn, it could blank out and he could fire out huge leaving you with no fold equity to shove, and you could hot your ace or heart and avoid stacking 77/88/99 etc.... i just think shoving is a lot simplar, with it being the FT bubble i think you can get all paint hands to fold. and get calls from 66 up to kk where you cant be far off 50-50