You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

LIVE SHOW THREAD - Sunday 24th August

edited August 2014 in Poker Chat

Hope you’re having a great bank holiday weekend! I’m a bit festival-ed out after spending the day at SW4 yesterday, but it was a good time!

What a wonderful and busy week we had up in Nottingham for the Sky Poker 6-Max UK Poker Championships last week! If you were up there with us – it was really great to meet some of you, so let me know on the forum and tell us about your experience up there?

I was absolutely delighted for the Champion (won’t divulge too much incase you’re waiting for the show;) but all I will say is, it was great to see one of the good guys do well! 

So in the studio tonight – we have not just one guest, not just two either – but THREE whole, real people coming to sit on the sofa. How exciting! Ryan O'Donnell & Rocco Marotta will be joining us, so as always make sure to get your questions in to them, as well as analyst and soon to be married Mr Karl Mahrenholz! Oh I say, it’s going to be cosy on that sofa!

The show tonight will consist of: 

7pm-8pm Live action from the MasterCash tables on SkyPoker.com 

8pm - Midnight Live action from the 15k Super Roller

There’s going to be fun, games and competitions galore as usual. Here are some reasons to get in contact with us: 

• Send in your messages, poker questions or hands to be analysed.       
  • Specific questions for our guests Karl, Ryan or Rocco 
  • Send in a photo watching the new and improved live stream or playing cash games on the go with the Sky Poker iPad/iPhone app

We will be giving away 1 SEAT to the Sky Sports Bounty Hunter this Thursday for the best contribution to the show, so think up some great questions for our guests or some poker anecdotes we can share! 

Obviously the Premier League has now begun, so we will be abusing.... ermm sorry, chatting about Orford's extremely poor performance in the Sky Fantasy Football league we are all competing in so far. There is also 1 point currently between myself and Karl, so there is sure to be rivalry live on the show tonight!!  

PS I would welcome any tips on Fantasy Football, so if you have any, please share them with me!

Ways to get in contact: 

Here on the forum, via email: skyopen@bskyb.com or Twitter using #skypokertv 

See y'all at 7pm!

Comments

• edited August 2014
      Fantasy football advice.........  Watch Orford closely...... Do the exact opposite....guarranteed results.

Good look with the show folks it sound like a busy one!
    • edited August 2014
      Looking forward to the show tonight, Should be a good one good luck for the show.
    • edited August 2014
      Nice meeting you in Nottingham Laura have a great show
    • edited August 2014
      Ok a question for the guests.
      At the recent 6 max UKPC at nottingham I had a problem near the bubble, I was 2nd lowest stack on our table, but with enough chips still, to be pretty certain of cashing if I did not play a hand. The other short stack felt the need to push even though we had very similar chip stacks. There was a min raise, all in by the short stack and I had 10-10, I folded. Later he went all in and I had AQs and folded. Though I cashed should I have gone for it still with those hands.
    • edited August 2014
      In Response to Re: LIVE SHOW THREAD - Sunday 24th August:
      Ok a question for the guests. At the recent 6 max UKPC at nottingham I had a problem near the bubble, I was 2nd lowest stack on our table, but with enough chips still, to be pretty certain of cashing if I did not play a hand. The other short stack felt the need to push even though we had very similar chip stacks. There was a min raise, all in by the short stack and I had 10-10, I folded. Later he went all in and I had AQs and folded. Though I cashed should I have gone for it still with those hands.
      Posted by Sir-Gary
      No need to ask the guests - I'll field a response ;)

If you're looking for a min cash - fold.

If you're going for the win - raise.
    • edited August 2014
      In Response to Re: LIVE SHOW THREAD - Sunday 24th August : No need to ask the guests - I'll field a response ;) If you're looking for a min cash - fold. If you're going for the win - raise.
      Posted by Slipwater
      Not exactly, I think you have to add 'how much it cost you' to get into the tournament.

If you paid full price then the min cash is not much of a return, where as if you sat into it then its more of a big deal/much better return on investment. It can be the same as say, you sat in for £10 and the min cash is you effectively winning most tournaments of that buyin and then you are freerolling after that.

• edited August 2014
      In Response to Re: LIVE SHOW THREAD - Sunday 24th August : No need to ask the guests - I'll field a response ;) If you're looking for a min cash - fold. If you're going for the win - raise.
      Posted by Slipwater
      Not exactly, I think you have to add 'how much it cost you' to get into the tournament.

If you paid full price then the min cash is not much of a return, where as if you sat into it then its more of a big deal/much better return on investment. It can be the same as say, you sat in for £10 and the min cash is you effectively winning most tournaments of that buyin and then you are freerolling after that.

• edited August 2014
      In Response to Re: LIVE SHOW THREAD - Sunday 24th August : Not exactly, I think you have to add 'how much it cost you' to get into the tournament. If you paid full price then the min cash is not much of a return, where as if you sat into it then its more of a big deal/much better return on investment. It can be the same as say, you sat in for £10 and the min cash is you effectively winning most tournaments of that buyin and then you are freerolling after that.
      Posted by CraigSG1
      That's implied in: if you're looking for a min cash.
    • edited August 2014
      4 cash 3 tournies and 1 qualifier
    • edited August 2014
      Hey Laura

Great meeting you at the UKPC with all the other sky regs and teackles.

Ps loved the system:)

Highlight of the UKPC was the Sam Trickett sit and go, what a legend playing a 10 quid sit and go with a bunch of sky players 5 mins after he's bubbled the main!

I would also like to nominate MaxAlly for the BH seat tonight for organising and pulling of the sit and go of the year!

Very nice work sir.

Played a fun HU Sit and Go too from one of the TV tables, this was one of the hands

#810365114Have  a great show!
    • edited August 2014
      I satalited in from a all in into the semi. I tried twice before I succeeded, It was about £2-60 or something, does that matter?

• edited August 2014
      I'm liking the way Laura keeps saying we're going to Table Number 1, as if there'd be any other tables in a Heads Up S&G!
    • edited August 2014
      So what your saying is that I shouldnt curl up into the feotal position and cry myself to sleep over that play in the super roller with AQs?

• edited August 2014
      Hi all have a great show i am back from a 6 month break from the game good to be playing again

Im learning to play more heads up but feel i am to nitty fold alot of hand on the button like   q 9    10 8  etc 50 big blinds deep should i be raising these hands ?  and when the blinds are bigger for instance we both have 1k starting stack blinds  50/100  should i be all in with these marginal hands  like q  9       10  8    k  j

thanks for ya advice
    • edited August 2014
      high don,t no if im do,ing this rite ? I was in the 2,000 mini my 1st time I came 6th so was well happy but does the mini get shown on skypoker channel
    • edited August 2014
      high don,t no if im do,ing this rite ? I was in the 2,000 mini my 1st time I came 6th so was well happy but does the mini get shown on skypoker channel
      Posted by riktheslik
      Hi Rik,

No, the "Mini" is not shown on Ch 861, sorry.

Very well done anyway, now do it again!
    • edited August 2014
      ok thanks for reply,,
    • edited August 2014
      Posted by riktheslik
      Well played Rik :)
    • edited August 2014
      who got the free seat to thursdays bounty hunter. I am guessing its not me
    • edited August 2014
      who got the free seat to thursdays bounty hunter. I am guessing its not me
      Posted by Sir-Gary
      Bump

MaxAlly for the seat!