You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker time of day and day of week?

edited August 2014 in Poker Chat

When do you prefer to play and why?

Comments

• edited August 2014

Is it based on your lifestyle, a time you play better or are the games are better?
  • edited August 2014
    After 7 with bigger guarantees but otherwise through the day when I am homr alone with no distractions.
  • edited August 2014
    I usually play when i feel like it, but playing around 5pm to 7pm is a nice time before all the reg's hit the tables.
    Sundays is a no no for me as I call it 'bingo day' when anything goes.  :)
  • edited August 2014
    For HUSNG's friday and saturday nights, between 10pm and 2am.. for Mtt's and sats has to be sunday evening.

• edited August 2014
    when I can and feel like it
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Poker time of day and day of week?:
    I usually play when i feel like it, but playing around 5pm to 7pm is a nice time before all the reg's hit the tables. Sundays is a no no for me as I call it 'bingo day' when anything goes.  :)
    Posted by devonfish5
    This is inside out, upside down and back to front dev!

Aim to play against fish during the week, but avoid fish on Sundays?    :/
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Poker time of day and day of week? : This is inside out, upside down and back to front dev! Aim to play against fish during the week, but avoid fish on Sundays?    :/
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This is very true Dohhh, I know.

I can't find my sundays results now, but from memory they weren't great, am talking from 2 yrs ago on my 1st dym challenge.
    not sure if i finished up or down but it wasn't a big deal either way.
    in the end as i was playing alot as i'm sure you remember, so i decided that Sundays would be better off as a day off for me and so the name 'Bingo day' was born.
    i've now carried that on. again i've not checked but did play 1 or 2 Sundays to begin with on this challenge without much/if any success, so have continued with having the day off.

'burn out' was a big factor after my 1st challenge so this also is another reason why I take every Sunday off
    & am keeping my sessions short through 'booking the wins' whenever I can.

ps; You should know me well enough by now Dohhh.
    Since when did I ever do anything 'by the book'  :)

IT'S GOOD TO BE DIFFERENT!!! isn't it.  lol

edit[  just been through my latest Sunday results; 15/6/14  W £0.30     22/6/14  W £0.25     3/8/14  W £2.70

I take it all back Dohhhh   lol
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Poker time of day and day of week? : This is very true Dohhh, I know. I can't find my sundays results now, but from memory they weren't great, am talking from 2 yrs ago on my 1st dym challenge. not sure if i finished up or down but it wasn't a big deal either way. in the end as i was playing alot as i'm sure you remember, so i decided that Sundays would be better off as a day off for me and so the name 'Bingo day' was born. i've now carried that on. again i've not checked but did play 1 or 2 Sundays to begin with on this challenge without much/if any success, so have continued with having the day off. 'burn out' was a big factor after my 1st challenge so this also is another reason why I take every Sunday off & am keeping my sessions short through 'booking the wins' whenever I can.
    Posted by devonfish5
    Ok.

---------------------------------------------------

OP, I play whenever my balance allows me to.

So I really enjoy my once a year session. No burn out for me.
  • edited August 2014
    LOL

see you can be quite funny & normal when you choose to...

just a shame about the other 364 days of the year.