You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Premiership

edited August 2014 in Poker Chat
Easiest thing to do is criticise so hope this is taken as a suggestion...

I think the Sky Poker Premiership in the future would be better if the 10k was distributed between all the teams?  For example teams that finished between 11-20, their players who earned over 50pts in that week could compete in their team freeroll for £100 each. Then teams 10 to 1st could compete in higher value 'team freerolls'?

Think the present way is bit unfair on players who get the required 50pts each week but finish nowhere near the top 5?

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Really dislike this idea ^^ so far i have got 6000 points and have yet been in a winning team so im not just saying it because it suits me.....  keep the big money up top, otherwise whats the point in grinding all week? their has to be a big incentive to put in extra hours...
  • edited August 2014
     surely over the 7 week period most people will get in once providing they earn the 50 points.
  • edited August 2014
    Is my maths right in saying that there is around 13% chance you won't cash over the course of this promo (75%^7) - ignoring the £5 free bets which could go anywhere.

Either way, that'd be unlucky but it's a shot at free money so hard to grumble too much.

I'd still be surprised if Sky were generating much extra in rake as a result of how the promo is set up (not really much incentive to hit your 50pts if you get put in a no-hoper team / not much incentive to grind that much more for the regs either way) but meh, that's Sky's issue! I guess we just won't see this style promo again if it hasn't worked...
  • edited August 2014
    yeah i think your maths is about right, i dont like the promotion that much and i doubt it generates too much extra traffic, but what it does offer is a big luck incentive to low stake players, if you get put in a teamswith a bunch of huge grinders each week, you will be making hundreds of pounds from playing a small volume of poker, and surely thats a great way to reward low stake, depositing players?? because rake races, or result orientated races leave them next to no chance of winning any promotion money.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Premiership:
    yeah i think your maths is about right, i dont like the promotion that much and i doubt it generates too much extra traffic, but what it does offer is a big luck incentive to low stake players, if you get put in a teamswith a bunch of huge grinders each week, you will be making hundreds of pounds from playing a small volume of poker, and surely thats a great way to reward low stake, depositing players?? because rake races, or result orientated races leave them next to no chance of winning any promotion money.
    Posted by jordz16
    Agreed.
  • edited August 2014
    You could give people Chipstacks in freeroll that equats to how many points they contributed or something like that?

This might be too complicated though?