You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

For the Attention of Tikay1, rich orford and finally but not least macacgirl1:@P

edited September 2014 in Poker Chat
well been getting pestered too do the ice bucket challenge for the last week odd and most of my family and freinds have done it so who too nominate?

And then i thought why not nominate a couple from here!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=648331711932178

So Tikay1, Rich orford and Macacgirl you have all been nominated :@)

hope too see the videos soon :P

all the best churchy

Comments

• edited August 2014

How do you define soon?

• edited August 2014

Barely flinched! haha. brilliant.

wd churchy.

• edited August 2014
     this month will be fine macac.:@)

cheers doh.

could,nt beat that one jd cheers
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to For the Attention of Tikay1, rich orford and finally but not least macacgirl1:@P:
    well been getting pestered too do the ice bucket challenge for the last week odd and most of my family and freinds have done it so who too nominate? And then i thought why not nominate a couple from here! https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=648331711932178 So Tikay1, Rich orford and Macacgirl you have all been nominated :@) hope too see the videos soon :P all the best churchy
    Posted by churchy18
    Hi Churchy,

I've been a bit waylaid yesterday & this morning, so apologies for not replying before, I'll reply properly tomorrow.

Quite an interesting topic, actually, which I wrote about at some length elsewhere recently, & I'll do so here, too. 

I was being asked about it a lot whilst I was playing last night, but it's a bit beyond my abilities to 6 Table PLO8 & debate these things, so apologies also to those who were asking me to comment in the chat boxes on Thursday & Friday evenings, I simply can't manage whilst 6 Tabling, sorry.

Tomorrow, I'll reply.

• edited September 2014
    thats ok tikay i know you are a busy man
  • edited September 2014

Sorry Churchy, forgot all about this.

Can I assume it is for Charity?

If so, yes, count me in.

I actually wrote a piece elsewhere about these Ice Bucket Challenges last week, I'll try & find it.
  • edited September 2014

".....Maybe I read the wrong newspapers or websites, but it is astonishing to me how "viral" these ice-bucket challenges have become in such a short period.

I'm not even sure I get why, but something has definitely piqued folks interest.

I can understand why Kate Perry in a bikini might appeal to some, or the elegantly couiffered Claire Balding, but some old bloke, not so much.

Yesterday alone, I was "challenged" 5 times. Guess I'll be OK, but I have a rider that insists on water that is tepid, if not luke. Ice cold, I think not. Not sure the ticker would cope, tbh.

All very odd. We live in strange times
    ....."

• edited September 2014

WARNING - Contains Language that may offend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAJ3xrMxoMU

• edited September 2014

"...One thing leads to another.......

I was reading up on these Ice Bucket Challenges, & many of them are called "ALS Ice Bucket Challenges".

ALS?

What that?

Some googling took me to the Wiki page, & "ALS" is what most of us know as motor neurone disease, a truly dreadful thing. Felt quite ashamed I never knew that.

Reading on, I find that in the USA, it is commonly known as "Lou Gehrig's disease".

Who he?

More googling......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Gehrig

A stunning story.

Perhaps the best baseball player of his generation, & as it happened, a team-mate in the New York Yankees of the greatest ever, Babe Ruth.

Lou had great stats, & won the World Series 6 times.

His greatest stat, though, was that he played 2,130 consecutive games for the Yankees over a 16 year period. 2,130!

It gets better - or worse - though.

He developed ALS in 1939, & initially continued playing. But his performances were terrible. He could still hit the ball out of the middle of the bat, (he had been one of the games biggest & most powerful sluggers) but it went nowhere, & he kept getting caught in the outfield. He could not run properly, either.

After a few games, he did the unthinkable - he dropped himself. People were aghast. Drop himself after 2,130 straight appearances? What gives?

Soon his illness became more apparent.

He died 2 years later.

Amazing the things we can learn, & so quickly, from the internet. It shows us our ignorance, too....."
  • edited September 2014
    Interesting stuff about the baseball player tikay.

i like most know it as motor neurone disease mainly down to reading about jimmy johnstone a famous celtic  player who suffered from it.before that i had never even heard about it but he did a lot of charity work and tried too raise awareness of the disease.and was in the papers quite a bit up here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Johnstone

i just texted a donation too http ://www.macmillan.org.uk/ice-nominate.html as that was the charity i chose.

im sure there is similar charities down your way too whom you could make a donation as i think most charities have jumped on the bandwagon due too the popularity of it.

great that you are doing it see you on tables soon all the best churchy.

• edited September 2014
    Hi Churchy,

Thanks for the nomination! And well done for taking the challenge.

I agree that Tikay shouldn't take it as we need him over the winter to co-host some shows and the sudden shock might...well, you know.

Anyway, with nominations from your good self, a number of other people and Ross Jarvis who I knew would spend all our shows together giving me grief if I didn't do it, the peer pressure got too mcuh.

So here you go..!

• edited September 2014
    Rockin' the grey, Rich ;)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: For the Attention of Tikay1, rich orford and finally but not least macacgirl1:@P:
    Rockin' the grey, Rich ;)
    Posted by Slipwater

That's why I was so keen to get my hair wet, to darken it up a tad.

Might do this bucket thing before every show from now on...
  • edited September 2014
    nice one rich now just macacgirl  and tikay too go.

at least if tikay doesn't do it you can pester him now

all the best churchy