You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is it usual for......

edited August 2014 in Poker Chat
Not sure if he is anymore but he is listed as team sky poker on there site.... to tell you to go and die at the tables?

not sure I need to mention names but we were playing hu plo and he was not doing great. As i go to leave i recieve those comments.

not a great representation of the site.

That apart I love sky and it is slowlt but surely taking over my usual grind from other sites.

I feel like I generally know the rules better now and I am trying to get used to mtts with no ante but I am sure that will come :)

Gl to all at the tables tonight :)

Comments

• edited August 2014

Yeh pretty standard.

Which one of his accounts was he using?
  • edited August 2014
    There seems to a be a few unpleasant people about on the cash games too. Not directed at me personally but at Mogweedy (grrrrr). 

There he was having a lovely lovely convo with another player, no-one else felt the need to join in, so it was just the two of them having fun. 

One leaves and Mog stayed behind after he had stood to see how a hand ended only to see one of the other players state 'thank god for that' and another say 'how boring were they?'. 

Do people forget that there are human's at the end of the screen, do these people realise that not everyone wishes to spend their game in silence? Further more, if they were finding the whole conversation tedious turn the chat off or go to another table simples! 

Bad losing is another thing Mogweedy has come across - He won and the opponent who lost called him a 't*at' - What for, playing the game we are all here to play? OUTRAGEOUS!!! There was a happy ending though - Mogweedy called the other chap out on his behaviour and the other player was gracious enough to apologise and pretend to start the whole game again by introducing himself to the table, and a good time was had by all. 

My only interaction with bad form is when another player attacks another player's technique - at which point I have set in and tried to ensure that there is some defense if the player themselves do not respond. We are all different players and just because one follows a set of etiquette rules, does not mean that there are not many versions of said etiquette - all walks of life meander through these forums, games and tournys. 

Sadly though some players are so tragically mistaken to think that their poisonous opinion have meaning - My mother taught me and I live by these words even now - If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Wise words to all me thinks. 

To those who are unkind to other players, to those who feel the need to berate fellow players take heed of the above. Nothing Good comes from being nasty. It will serve only to make you yourself ugly, unwanted and avoided. Its not funny, clever or appropriate. This is a place for over 18's, can the hecklers please behave as though they have some semblance of adult decorum? 

Sorry to hear that you had a poo time Itsoverforu, hopefully your next table will be friendly and fun :D

Take care

Pudd x 
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to is it usual for......:
    Not sure if he is anymore but he is listed as team sky poker on there site.... to tell you to go and die at the tables? not sure I need to mention names but we were playing hu plo and he was not doing great. As i go to leave i recieve those comments. not a great representation of the site. That apart I love sky and it is slowlt but surely taking over my usual grind from other sites. I feel like I generally know the rules better now and I am trying to get used to mtts with no ante but I am sure that will come :) Gl to all at the tables tonight :)
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Morning.

I have no idea who you are referring to, but if you see inappropiate chat, or are abused in the chat box, please report it to Customer Care.

They will then examine the chat logs, for the specific instance, & more generally, going back several months, & then take action - or not - as appropriate.

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: is it usual for......:
    Yeh pretty standard. Which one of his accounts was he using?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hi JJ,

If you suspect someone is multi-accounting, you should report it to Customer Care.