You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sky loves me :) 3rd hand i played in tourney 4 minutes in :)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceGRAYBAGSmall blind 10.0010.001912.50rivermunkyBig blind 20.0030.001940.00 Your hole cardsAA   The_HuxFold    cottweilerRaise 60.0090.001940.00brenchleyFold    tangosi1Fold    GRAYBAGFold    rivermunkyRaise 170.00260.001770.00cottweilerCall 130.00390.001810.00Flop  Q77   rivermunkyBet 195.00585.001575.00cottweilerRaise 585.001170.001225.00rivermunkyAll-in 1575.002745.000.00cottweilerAll-in 1225.003970.000.00cottweilerUnmatched bet 40.003930.0040.00rivermunkyShowAA   cottweilerShowQQ   Turn  9   River  8   cottweilerWinFull House, Queens and 7s3930.00 3970.00

Comments

• edited August 2014
    You do post standard beats a lot.
    Fair play on this one though. You had aces, he had queens and he wins!
    Pretty brutal
  • edited August 2014
    You are going to be behind quite a lot when u shove this flop and get action. 

Call more :)
  • edited September 2014
    Going out of tournament 3 hands in with one pair is another way to look at it. Only hand ever ahead of is a nut AK flush draw or KK 
    Not sure anyone else is calling the allin or even reraisin you on that flop plus pre flop action.

Unlucky though
  • edited September 2014
    Yeah, the only hand that calls your shove that you're winning against, is the flush draw, and even then it's a close one. And you don't even have a heart as backup. Maybe AQ calls as well, actually. Every other hand has a 7 in it, or is pocket queens.
  • edited September 2014
    Sure, we COULD get away from this hand post flop but against an unknown this would be a big mistake. We can be up against more than just the AK FD and some villains are more than happy to raise/GII here with KQ/AQ/KK and some really bad villains are happy to GII with any Q (with some overplaying JJ/TT too) - It's also really unlikely for us to be up against QQ as most villains would slow play top FH IP OTF. And since villain raised it early and called a 3-bet they're aren't an awful lot of 7x hands in his range. (2 combos of 78s, 3 combos of other 7xs hands - note they can't have A7s)

board: Qh7d7h
    HandEquityWinsTies
    AsAc53.02%5,7740
    7s8s, 7c8c, 7c6c, 7s6s, 7c9c, KK46.98%5,1160

Here's a quick look at a really tight range with villain only having one worse hand. There's enough combos of that hand alone for GII with AA to be profitable. If we start adding any outright bluffs, flush draws, AQ/KQ hands and shoving here suddenly becomes insanely profitable. Given our stack size as well we can't really just b/c flop anyway.

Hand is WP and just unlucky. On the one hand it sucks to go out a tournament so early like this but on the other we're only playing online - we haven't travelled somewhere to play the tourney and it could be worse where we play for a long time and then bust out like this :)
  • edited September 2014
    I don't think anyone is suggesting folding/getting away from the hand Ivan, just that flatting the flop raise is better cos it will definitely keep in all his bluffs and all his decent value hands like KQ which may fold to a 3bet. If I'm the villian there are vvvv few hands worse than AA where I'd be calling munky's shove. SPR means we're easily getting it in on any turn anyway

Unlucky though Munky, gotta win them flipz ;)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: sky loves me :) 3rd hand i played in tourney 4 minutes in :):
    Sure, we COULD get away from this hand post flop but against an unknown this would be a big mistake. We can be up against more than just the AK FD and some villains are more than happy to raise/GII here with KQ/AQ/KK and some really bad villains are happy to GII with any Q (with some overplaying JJ/TT too) - It's also really unlikely for us to be up against QQ as most villains would slow play top FH IP OTF. And since villain raised it early and called a 3-bet they're aren't an awful lot of 7x hands in his range. (2 combos of 78s, 3 combos of other 7xs hands - note they can't have A7s) board: Qh7d7h Hand Equity Wins Ties AsAc 53.02% 5,774 0 7s8s, 7c8c, 7c6c, 7s6s, 7c9c, KK 46.98% 5,116 0 Here's a quick look at a really tight range with villain only having one worse hand. There's enough combos of that hand alone for GII with AA to be profitable. If we start adding any outright bluffs, flush draws, AQ/KQ hands and shoving here suddenly becomes insanely profitable. Given our stack size as well we can't really just b/c flop anyway. Hand is WP and just unlucky. On the one hand it sucks to go out a tournament so early like this but on the other we're only playing online - we haven't travelled somewhere to play the tourney and it could be worse where we play for a long time and then bust out like this :)
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Why can't they have A7?
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: sky loves me :) 3rd hand i played in tourney 4 minutes in :):
    I don't think anyone is suggesting folding/getting away from the hand Ivan, just that flatting the flop raise is better cos it will definitely keep in all his bluffs and all his decent value hands like KQ which may fold to a 3bet. If I'm the villian there are vvvv few hands worse than AA where I'd be calling munky's shove. SPR means we're easily getting it in on any turn anyway Unlucky though Munky, gotta win them flipz ;)
    Posted by Lambert180
    Nobody is raising KQ or a FD on the flop and then folding to a shove though given how little there is left. Calling is only ever going to be better if we think villain is raising just pure air a TON with zero equity. 

@ Nuggy: Villain is v unlikely to have A7 because it's impossible for him to have a suited A7. (We hold the black aces and the 2 7's are red) - and because most villains aren't raising A7o in HJ AND then calling a 3-bet. We could add A7 if we wanted but if villain is playing A7o here then he probably has a ton more FD's which we can include in his range as well as more Qx hands. So adding all these into his range and our equity with AA just goes up even more.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: sky loves me :) 3rd hand i played in tourney 4 minutes in :) : Nobody is raising KQ or a FD on the flop and then folding to a shove though given how little there is left. Calling is only ever going to be better if we think villain is raising just pure air a TON with zero equity.  @ Nuggy: Villain is v unlikely to have A7 because it's impossible for him to have a suited A7. (We hold the black aces and the 2 7's are red) - and because most villains aren't raising A7o in HJ AND then calling a 3-bet. We could add A7 if we wanted but if villain is playing A7o here then he probably has a ton more FD's which we can include in his range as well as more Qx hands. So adding all these into his range and our equity with AA just goes up even more.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    I'd have to disagree with that. It's very early in an MTT as we can see by the stack sizes, and the amount of players who play any ace at that stage (suited or otherwise), and will call three-bets with it, well... I guess it shouldn't surprise you.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: sky loves me :) 3rd hand i played in tourney 4 minutes in :) : Nobody is raising KQ or a FD on the flop and then folding to a shove though given how little there is left. Calling is only ever going to be better if we think villain is raising just pure air a TON with zero equity.  @ Nuggy: Villain is v unlikely to have A7 because it's impossible for him to have a suited A7. (We hold the black aces and the 2 7's are red) - and because most villains aren't raising A7o in HJ AND then calling a 3-bet. We could add A7 if we wanted but if villain is playing A7o here then he probably has a ton more FD's which we can include in his range as well as more Qx hands. So adding all these into his range and our equity with AA just goes up even more.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    I see - makes perfect sense when put like that - but I would say most bad vilians call the 3 bet with A7 more than 76 etc.

I thought maybe you was just saying was IMPOSSIBLE lol - thanks for reply - like seeing the Stats box you put up - makes it hard to argue with haha
  • edited September 2014
    Munky.

Don't EVER take up PLO!
  • edited September 2014
    Munky. Don't EVER take up PLO!
    Posted by Tikay10
    That ship has sailed :)