You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why change the FR to seats

edited September 2014 in Poker Chat
The freeroll at 7.15 for the last couple of weeks has been great, why change it to being a freeroll for seats.

If its not broke, don't fix it.

Comments

• edited September 2014
    It will be because they have increased the guarantee of the turbo open to £8k tomorrow.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Why change the FR to seats:
    The freeroll at 7.15 for the last couple of weeks has been great, why change it to being a freeroll for seats. If its not broke, don't fix it.
    Posted by stuarty117
    Hi stuarty,

I have no idea, but I suspect GREGSTER is correct. The Tuesday Turbo Open (tonight @ 8pm) has had it's Guarantee boosted from £5,000 to £8,000, so it does not seem unreasonable to divert some effort into helping increase the numbers. It is a Freeroll, after all, so really, they ought to be able to spend their money as they feel fit.

Sorry that it was inconvenient on this occasion, but as a general rule, there are several Freerolls with cash prizes every single day of the year.
  • edited September 2014
    Hate the change of prize & structure change.
  • edited September 2014
    I'm on my own then in thinking that a free satellite into a main event was a good plan?

Change can be good, don't fear it.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Why change the FR to seats:
    I'm on my own then in thinking that a free satellite into a main event was a good plan? Change can be good, don't fear it.
    Posted by shakinaces
    Not if you can play the fr but not the prize.
    And already plenty of seat fr's.
  • edited September 2014
    Can understand now why sky have done this. Will have to play tonight now :)

But do hope its a one off as the 300 FR is a great way to start my poker night.
  • edited September 2014
    ....and was even better when it was a timed £500 Freeroll!

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Why change the FR to seats : Not if you can play the fr but not the prize. And already plenty of seat fr's.
    Posted by belsibub
    Cheer up.

It's only for one night, to push a boosted GTD main.
  • edited September 2014
    Hate the change of prize & structure change.
    Posted by belsibub
    Belsibub in moan about freeroll shock!
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Why change the FR to seats : Belsibub in moan about freeroll shock!
    Posted by Jac35
    Shock moaning about moaning!
    Only been back to cash for a few weeks from being seats for months.

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Why change the FR to seats : Cheer up. It's only for one night, to push a boosted GTD main.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Waiting for tomorrow's but got a feeling it's going to be for thursdays bh boosted guarantee.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Why change the FR to seats : Waiting for tomorrow's but got a feeling it's going to be for thursdays bh boosted guarantee.
    Posted by belsibub
    So they've boosted 4 main events this month and some of the freerolls might be for seats to said main events?

It's Sky's money, they can do as they see fit. Think it's good that they give people the chance to play a main, who otherwise might not be able to afford it.

But keep on grumbling that they've altered your beloved freerolls.
  • edited September 2014
    You can still pre reg the target the tourney and play for cash in the FR sats. As long as you have/ can afford to deposit 11 or 33 pound into your account (can always withdraw it straight away if you like, be back in bank account next day, or keep it in). Its effectively the same tournament with a lot flatter payout structure.

Would only have to be a one off, relatively small deposit, and you could still stick to playing 30p,60p DYMs without really touching it if you like, just feel if you want to get something out of promos, freerolls etc you kind of have to put something in also. There are ways of making these things work for you though.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Why change the FR to seats : So they've boosted 4 main events this month and some of the freerolls might be for seats to said main events? It's Sky's money, they can do as they see fit. Think it's good that they give people the chance to play a main, who otherwise might not be able to afford it. But keep on grumbling that they've altered your beloved freerolls.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    This 100%
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Why change the FR to seats : Waiting for tomorrow's but got a feeling it's going to be for thursdays bh boosted guarantee.
    Posted by belsibub

The next "Prize Boost" MTT is Thursday 11th September.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Why change the FR to seats : The next "Prize Boost" MTT is Thursday 11th September.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Not up yet but i'd put money on it being for that.

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Why change the FR to seats : Not up yet but i'd put money on it being for that.
    Posted by belsibub
    Quite possibly, but I was simply correcting the date of the next Prize Boost MTT, which you had suggested was this Thursday.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Why change the FR to seats : Not up yet but i'd put money on it being for that.
    Posted by belsibub
    You must be so much fun down the boozer.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Why change the FR to seats : So they've boosted 4 main events this month and some of the freerolls might be for seats to said main events? It's Sky's money, they can do as they see fit. Think it's good that they give people the chance to play a main, who otherwise might not be able to afford it. But keep on grumbling that they've altered your beloved freerolls.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I agree with this. I played in both FRs for the Turbo and on the second go managed to get a seat (only had 190 chips left!!). Would never have bought in direct. Usually just play nl4 cash. Was more enjoyable (naturally as it was free) to play a different format this way. Didn't cash but got within 30 places. Metre as good as a mile, but it was fun.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Why change the FR to seats : I agree with this. I played in both FRs for the Turbo and on the second go managed to get a seat (only had 190 chips left!!). Would never have bought in direct. Usually just play nl4 cash. Was more enjoyable (naturally as it was free) to play a different format this way. Didn't cash but got within 30 places. Metre as good as a mile, but it was fun.
    Posted by walesboy
    +1

I can rarely afford to play this tourney but also got in via this freeroll, had fun but didn't cash but think it was good to give us smaller stake players a chance.
  • edited September 2014
    Case in point Belsibub.

2 low stake players had the chance to play the Main event, might have missed the money (so did I!), but had fun nonetheless and a good experience that otherwise wouldn't have been feasible.

Glad you both enjoyed it, hope you can blag more seats in these future freerolls.
  • edited September 2014
  • edited September 2014
    gutted :(

I couldn't play on Tuesday so was hoping I had another shot at winning a free main event seat today.
  • edited September 2014
    Case in point Belsibub. 2 low stake players had the chance to play the Main event, might have missed the money (so did I!), but had fun nonetheless and a good experience that otherwise wouldn't have been feasible. Glad you both enjoyed it, hope you can blag more seats in these future freerolls.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    thanks