You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

supersix freerole ruined

edited January 2010 in Sky Poker Tournaments
 Hi just played in the supersix freerole,and they have changed it to fixed limit,and only one pay out for first place. over 1300 played went out in 79 after over an hour for diddly squat.  any body else think it should go back to NLH with original pay structure

Comments

• edited January 2010
    I played it too without realising it was winner takes all.
    I came 19th I think.
    I wouldn't have entered a field of more than a thousand if I'd known it was winner takes all, but it's free I suppose.
    I won't bother again though until the payout is more of a realistic challenge. Final table get paid, top 1% paid would all work for me, but I too wonder how many joined today without realising it was winner takes all.
  • edited January 2010
    This is why i did not enter today.dav
  • edited January 2010
    I know I wouldn;t have played if I had seen the structure and payout, guess that will teach me to look next time I register for a tournament. 

Its a shame no-one from Sky has commented on this and the other threads about this game, they must have seen this one and its content when they moved it, guess its a case of buyer beware.
  • edited January 2010
    Thing is dav, I got the usual email yesterday...

Sky Poker's special Super 6 Freeroll tournament is on this Saturday at 2pm. It’s free to play and you could win a share of £250!

Why they couldn't have changed the email to reflect the new single prize is beyond me.
    As a point of good will, I think sky should pay the winner the 250 and also divvy up another 250 between those who would have cashed. They can't honestly believe 1300 people played knowing only 1st place would get paid.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: supersix freerole ruined:
    I know I wouldn;t have played if I had seen the structure and payout, guess that will teach me to look next time I register for a tournament.  Its a shame no-one from Sky has commented on this and the other threads about this game, they must have seen this one and its content when they moved it, guess its a case of buyer beware.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Irony?
    It's a free-roll on the back of another free entry competition where you can win decent money.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: supersix freerole ruined : Irony? It's a free-roll on the back of another free entry competition where you can win decent money.
    Posted by MereNovice
    True, what I meant was you need to be careful when registering for any game to ensure the structure is the one you expect, it may have been changed from the previous days/weeks structure.
  • edited January 2010
    ha ha ha, everyone moans about these freerolls, 2-3 hours for 25p etc, now when its a decent prize for the winner they get more moans lol, its free for god sake, id love £200 quid for nowt, 25p they can keep!!
  • edited January 2010
    ha ha ha, everyone moans about these freerolls, 2-3 hours for 25p etc, now when its a decent prize for the winner they get more moans lol, its free for god sake, id love £200 quid for nowt, 25p they can keep!!
    Posted by loonytoons
    I must admit its a great payout for the winner.Its just if you have the time to try and win it knowing 2nd place is no good.And at the end of the day if you dont like it then dont enter it.As has already been said it is a freebie.dav

BTW did you win it looney mate?
  • edited January 2010
    hi i played this today and i won it £250 bangers get in sky poker...wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
  • edited January 2010
    hi i played this today and i won it £250 bangers get in sky poker...wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    Posted by trunknose
    Congratulations on the win
  • edited January 2010
    to be honest that is an absolute joke in my eyes, i normally play this but didnt play on saturday because lets face it whats the point? 1300 entries which means our implied odds of winning are over 1000/1, people should boycott this tourny from now on, final table should always get paid, just another mistake from sky in a very long line, they dont get much right and the software is rubbish, no wonder people are leaving all the time, and the mods should stop treating its forum users like kids, we are all adults and the way they talk dont to saome with cute insults is shocking, i have a very low estimation of this site at the moment and so do a lot of others!
  • edited January 2010
    Hi

As I understad it, I could be wrong, but, Sky Poker put the freeroll on on behalf of Sky Bet who maybe give the 250 to sky poker, and maybe even set the rules of the game?
  • edited January 2010
    I wonder if the guy who came second knew it was winner takes all.
    I can imagine his or her face after a couple of hours play to read (between the lines) the pop up.
    "Thanks for playing, you came second and won the square root of f all!"

From what I've gathered from this and the other thread about this, is that people are confusing the issue of it being winner takes all, with the issue of it not being advertised as such.
    I don't play it to win 25pence, but to try and get as high up the ladder as possible. When there isn't a ladder to climb and a field of 1300, single prize, who in their right mind would register? I just felt peeved as I wasted 90 minutes not knowing.

Totally agree about the normal payout structure, why 100 quid of it is split between 200 players is daft.

And well done to trunknose for winning it! i hope the 250 was a surprise. Don't go wasting it now, spend 200 on drink and gambling and waste the rest.