You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Which do I try to sat into??

edited September 2014 in Poker Chat
As a small stakes player looking to sat into more games
What is the better value???
sat structure seems pretty decent for both.
9pm bh or the Main, based on last nights info
£55 v £33 so 2/3 more
86 runners v 430 so a fifth less
4000 chips v 2000 chips so twice a stack to play with
12min clock v 10min clock so more time to pick your spots
£1k up top v £2k 
I presume the standard is higher in the £55 game and you also have a Jackpot chance with the main and mini. 
Any thought please?

Comments

• edited September 2014
    I'd make my decision based on the 'value' of the satellite itself. 

The 6pm sat into the main is streets ahead of all others on the site in terms of value, with the biggest field (more seats) and lots of sub-sat qualifiers making it a weaker field too. 

So if you have 1 sat shot, make it that one ! 
  • edited September 2014
    Personally i think it depends whether you believe you have an edge on the field, if you do then go for the 55 as its a deeper structure and allows you more options on how to play... if you believe you wouldnt have an edge then go for the 33 as the average ability levels will be slightly lower although a higher percentage of run good would be needed to cash,
  • edited September 2014
    When you say 6pm Sat, are you looking in the "Satellites" or "Freerolls" Section of the Tournament lobby? as I MAY like to give this a go!?
  • edited September 2014
    The 6pm ain't a freeroll, its the big sat for the main, its 1in5 and so for the £33 mains think its like £7.20 ish
  • edited September 2014
    The 6pm satellite for a main event without a doubt.

It is always a 1 in 5 satellite - So a BH satellite is £7,20 , Turbo/Rebuy satellite is £2,40 , and Roller is £24. Those are definitely the softest. If you want to try out the 1 in 10s then so be it but they are harder to qualify through (obviously) But still quite soft. £3,60s for BH main are good for that. It depends how you want to look at it, the only regular satellites that run for the £55bh are 1 in 10s at £6 running every hour or so. There are a couple 1 in 5s though @ £12.
  • edited September 2014
    In terms of what to play out of the 2, definitely go for the main event. More money up top if you run well and the field overall is probably softer, even though you have more to beat.
  • edited September 2014
    The 9pm £55 bounty hunter is (perhaps, all things considered) the best tournament currently running on Sky.
  • edited September 2014
    Previously i have tried playing the mini FR satellite before and once or twice the "free seats FR" but i this is the one which has been changed so only players who earn 10ppt can enter.. If however I was going ti givr it a good go I would deposit separately just to cover my one B/in for the sat, but may just take the hit if trying to satellite into the main on a mond-weds when it nice n cheap! Playing the mini FR closest i have come was 21st, yet in a normal MTT this would have seen me well into the cash!
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Which do I try to sat into??:
    Previously i have tried playing the mini FR satellite before and once or twice the "free seats FR" but i this is the one which has been changed so only players who earn 10ppt can enter.. If however I was going ti givr it a good go I would deposit separately just to cover my one B/in for the sat, but may just take the hit if trying to satellite into the main on a mond-weds when it nice n cheap! Playing the mini FR closest i have come was 21st, yet in a normal MTT this would have seen me well into the cash!
    Posted by GaryLaud
    There are sats into the 6pm sat. Think they cost around £1.50.
  • edited September 2014
    I would go for the main rather than the £55 BH, because there are more Sattalites available, and the field in them tends to be in general easier. Also when actually playing in the target event there is a higher percentage of good players in the field in the £55 BH and fewer places paid, making it harder to cash