You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how to play

edited January 2015 in Poker Chat
im a new player, ive got into a chip leader position, what is the best way to play, is it tight or aggressive ?

Comments

• edited September 2014
    I assume you are referring to regular mtts

as a newbie I would suggest that you just keep playing the way you have that got you to be chip leader in the first place. Although experienced players can use that stack to bully the table, I've also seen many chip leaders just blow the lot through an undisciplined looseness. Stick to what you are good at for now, watch how the chip leaders adjust their play and the rest will come.
  • edited September 2014
    All depends how much the money means to u in cashing   if u are chip leader  the blinds be pretty high so worth stealing good to min raise n steal blinds if it fold round to u on the cut off  or ya sb v bb   if u are chip leader ya obv do summit right   so y change :)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: how to play:
    All depends how much the money means to u in cashing   if u are chip leader  the blinds be pretty high so worth stealing good to min raise n steal blinds if it fold round to u on the cut off  or ya sb v bb   if u are chip leader ya obv do summit right   so y change :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    welcome back donk/IDCU - gl
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to how to play:
    im a new player, ive got into a chip leader position, what is the best way to play, is it tight or aggressive ?
    Posted by rhino11
    I would play as aggressive as the table allows you to get away with. Stack size awareness is crucial in these spots.
  • edited September 2014
    Cheers geldy u 2 
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to how to play:
    Posted by rhino11
    BOTH 
  • edited September 2014
    If oppo is Do7h = TIGHT.
    If oppo is Matt Bates = Agressive.
    Just kidding guys!

What Geldy says is good advice. If you're getting to sharp end of tourneys the win WILL come! 
  • edited September 2014
    Hi Rhino we had a bit of a laugh at the tables the other night. Much as what others say. You have a stack and are well placed don't get over confident and over aggressive. Target the short stacks and passive players. It's amazing the number of times I've seen a chip leader blow his stack, including one guy who went from 3/1 CL to out in 3 hands. And it's always inexperienced players.
  • edited September 2014
    good advice given rhino keep going your doing really well good luck & run well mate