You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UNREALISTIC and repetative patterns

edited January 2010 in Area 51

Why is it that  the big stack can call the small stack and 90% come out winning, regardless of the strength of their hand.
It happens day in day out, everyone knows and talks about it.
Firstly it is not normal or does it show RANDOM hands, they are predetermined.
 My second point is far more important.
How can the sky team access the software to show hands on the television, it only proves that you at sky or someone has the opportunity to CONTROL the software. This then only proves that it can be manipulated, i think you clearly understand my point.

Comments

• edited January 2010
    I have to disagree.I think is is much more like 99.9%.dav
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to UNREALISTIC and repetative patterns:
    Why is it that  the big stack can call the small stack and 90% come out winning, regardless of the strength of their hand. It happens day in day out, everyone knows and talks about it. Firstly it is not normal or does it show RANDOM hands, they are predetermined.  My second point is far more important. How can the sky team access the software to show hands on the television, it only proves that you at sky or someone has the opportunity to CONTROL the software. This then only proves that it can be manipulated, i think you clearly understand my point.
    Posted by 1MINDMAN
    No, I can't, I'm afraid.

The hands are NOT shown in real time, they are shown AFTER they were played. Usually 5 minutes or so, sometimes more, sometimes less. NEVER in real-time. You can prove that yourself, quite simply. 

Just think it through. If the Hands were shown in real time, cards "face-up" on the Telly, do you not think the Players might watch, & so know what their opponent has?......

All hands are random. Why? Because there is no reason for them not to be.
  • edited January 2010

I dont know after the day ive had im tempted to agree with u! - But Im not guna - the tv channel is delayed.

Seriously tho one of the wierdest days (and it has been a full day, played 14 hours) of poker ive ever played!!!

Outdraw after outdraw after outdraw after losing a flip after Outdraw after outdraw after outdraw after losing a flip after Outdraw after outdraw after outdraw after losing a flip  and so on!!

After 4 hours - 8am till 12 midday - 70 quid up.

Hour break

1pm - 11 pm - Back to start - level!

11-05 - AA! yesss!!! Raise pre, 2 callers, flop, Get one all in, oh no 3 jacks!!! - TURN -ACE!!! yesss £80 pot!!!

Got it in good alllll day n not won a bean! Get it in behind n end the day well up!!

THANK GOD ITS FIXED!!!!!

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: UNREALISTIC and repetative patterns:
    I dont know after the day ive had im tempted to agree with u! - But Im not guna - the tv channel is delayed. Seriously tho one of the wierdest days (and it has been a full day, played 14 hours) of poker ive ever played!!! Outdraw after outdraw after outdraw after losing a flip after Outdraw after outdraw after outdraw after losing a flip after Outdraw after outdraw after outdraw after losing a flip  and so on!! After 4 hours - 8am till 12 midday - 70 quid up. Hour break 1pm - 11 pm - Back to start - level! 11-05 - AA! yesss!!! Raise pre, 2 callers, flop, Get one all in, oh no 3 jacks!!! - TURN -ACE!!! yesss £80 pot!!! Got it in good alllll day n not won a bean! Get it in behind n end the day well up!! THANK GOD ITS FIXED!!!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol really really funny post 10/10 dav

PS im off to the cash tables now and i just hope i can keep on gettin my money in when im behind.gl m8
  • edited January 2010
    I think 1MINDMAN is making the point that the information about the cards, Albeit it is show with a delay, does exist.  

So, IN THEORY, someone could access that information for their own advantage, in real time.

I have to say though, that I don't believe for one instance that this does happen.

But then I am a young, innocent, individual, so I could easily be duped 

• edited January 2010
    1. Why is it that  the big stack can call the small stack and 90% come out winning, regardless of the strength of their hand. It happens day in day out, everyone knows and talks about it.Firstly it is not normal or does it show RANDOM hands, they are predetermined. 2  My second point is far more important. How can the sky team access the software to show hands on the television, it only proves that you at sky or someone has the opportunity to CONTROL the software. This then only proves that it can be manipulated, i think you clearly understand my point.
    Posted by 1MINDMAN
    Hi 1mindman,

In response to your first point, it may seem like this sometimes, but this is called poker... Even in live games, quite often, the big stack will continue to hit and outdraw the smaller stacks. (they are big stacks for a reason and are "on a heater."  Also, why would sky, or any other site manipulate this. The cards are not predetermined. They are random. No site will benefit from this situation. Please see this thread "an introduction to Area 51", it is very important and might put your mind at rest. Also i would be interested as to how you calculated your 90%.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3acfaa1e55-eeab-43ac-8676-fefda40c87ceDiscussion%3a7ec7cc92-558d-4717-9f9e-1d8708cbc2d2

In response to your second point, the tv crew can only VIEW the hands AFTER they have occurred. The hands they show on tv are ALWAYS after the real action occurred. They cannot access the live cards in progress and have no control over the cards

Hope this helps

Greg

• edited January 2010
    Why is it that  the big stack can call the small stack and 90% come out winning, regardless of the strength of their hand. It happens day in day out, everyone knows and talks about it. Firstly it is not normal or does it show RANDOM hands, they are predetermined.  My second point is far more important. How can the sky team access the software to show hands on the television, it only proves that you at sky or someone has the opportunity to CONTROL the software. This then only proves that it can be manipulated, i think you clearly understand my point.
    Posted by 1MINDMAN
    hi 1,it does seem 2 happen more often than not,what also happens alot is that evry1 hits the flop in a way that keeps them in the pot,im guessin bcoz theyr only 6 handed tables...?...i should imagine that if evry1 at a table  had theyr cards, come the river,theyd all have hands..fh,str8,3of a kind ,2 pair ,2 pair and me(8 high).iv also often wondered why sky dont show more of these anomalies..but tend to show bread + butter hands.
  • edited January 2010
    [QUOTE]I think 1MINDMAN is making the point that the information about the cards, Albeit it is show with a delay, does exist.   So, IN THEORY, someone could access that information for their own advantage, in real time. I have to say though, that I don't believe for one instance that this does happen. But then I am a young, innocent, individual, so I could easily be duped 
    Posted by JockBMW

Yes, the information does exist. It MUST exist. The hand could not happen otherwise. It's actuality, not a piece of fiction.

Could someone access it in theory? No idea. But can you tell me one valid reason why they would wish to?  Why exactly would a poker site prefer Bill over Ben, or John over Joe?

The whole world has gone conspiracy mad!
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by 1MINDMAN
    blah blah blah, 43 player deepy down to 3, me on 110,000 second on 70,000, 3rd on 35,000 give or take, me against 2nd i had KK versus his QQ, he hit Q on the river, im left with 40,000 him 140,000, so chip leader doesnt always win, he still came 3rd, i didnt winge and whine so neither should you, now go to area 51!!  
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to UNREALISTIC and repetative patterns : hi 1,it does seem 2 happen more often than not,what also happens alot is that evry1 hits the flop in a way that keeps them in the pot,im guessin bcoz theyr only 6 handed tables...?...i should imagine that if evry1 at a table  had theyr cards, come the river,theyd all have hands..fh,str8,3of a kind ,2 pair ,2 pair and me(8 high).iv also often wondered why sky dont show more of these anomalies..but tend to show bread + butter hands.
    Posted by philmenow
    Yes, that's true. It's how poker works.
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by 1MINDMAN
    also ,the hands are pre determined in online poker, the same as in live poker,once the cards are shuffled in live poker they dont change position,so will come out in the order they are in deck..its just that in online poker the high cards are slightly lighter and keep floating to the top...
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: UNREALISTIC and repetative patterns : Yes, that's true. It's how poker works.
    Posted by Tikay10
    thnx tikay,fawt id got that right..
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to UNREALISTIC and repetative patterns : Hi 1mindman, In response to your first point, it may seem like this sometimes, but this is called poker... Even in live games, quite often, the big stack will continue to hit and outdraw the smaller stacks. (they are big stacks for a reason and are "on a heater."  Also, why would sky, or any other site manipulate this. The cards are not predetermined. They are random. No site will benefit from this situation. Please see this thread "an introduction to Area 51", it is very important and might put your mind at rest. Also i would be interested as to how you calculated your 90%. https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3acfaa1e55-eeab-43ac-8676-fefda40c87ceDiscussion%3a7ec7cc92-558d-4717-9f9e-1d8708cbc2d2 In response to your second point, the tv crew can only VIEW the hands AFTER they have occurred. The hands they show on tv are ALWAYS after the real action occurred. They cannot access the live cards in progress and have no control over the cards Hope this helps Greg
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Nice reply Hoggers

Funny how people never start threads when they are on the heater and hitting everything - when the 55% hands hit 90% of the time during a tournament players don't seem to think they're being lucky.

By the way, the only thing repetItive abois thread is the subject matter imo
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to UNREALISTIC and repetative patterns : hi 1,it does seem 2 happen more often than not,what also happens alot is that evry1 hits the flop in a way that keeps them in the pot,im guessin bcoz theyr only 6 handed tables...?...i should imagine that if evry1 at a table  had theyr cards, come the river,theyd all have hands..fh,str8,3of a kind ,2 pair ,2 pair and me(8 high).iv also often wondered why sky dont show more of these anomalies..but tend to show bread + butter hands.
    Posted by philmenow
    I disagree. I think the "big hands" are shown for the wow factor. The bread and butter hand in pre-flop raise and every hand folding - not sure how many of those have been shown on 865 since February 2007, but can guartee not many.
  • edited January 2010
    Of course the hands are available to someone somewhere in real time but that isnt the point.  As Tikay said, why would they want to?

Banks can access your accounts and move your money about if they wanted to, they don't*.

There has to be some trust left in this world, surely?

*Direct Debits and Standing Orders excluded.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: UNREALISTIC and repetative patterns : I disagree. I think the "big hands" are shown for the wow factor. The bread and butter hand in pre-flop raise and every hand folding - not sure how many of those have been shown on 865 since February 2007, but can guartee not many.
    Posted by darich
    havent played many tables here that evry1 folds when theres a pre flop raise.....how many, all in with 74os vs kk,flop comes 774,do they show..not many,...maybe if turn + river are kings..
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: UNREALISTIC and repetative patterns : havent played many tables here that evry1 folds when theres a pre flop raise.....how many, all in with 74os vs kk,flop comes 774,do they show..not many,...maybe if turn + river are kings..
    Posted by philmenow
    Maybe not in cash, but get beyond the mid-point of an MTT and very common for a pre-flop raise to take the pot. The majority of hands shown on the tv consist of post-flop betting - in fact nearly all of them. Not much value in showing a pre-flop shove and an auto call and then just watching which cards fall is there?
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: UNREALISTIC and repetative patterns : Maybe not in cash, but get beyond the mid-point of an MTT and very common for a pre-flop raise to take the pot. The majority of hands shown on the tv consist of post-flop betting - in fact nearly all of them. Not much value in showing a pre-flop shove and an auto call and then just watching which cards fall is there?
    Posted by darich
    fair point,although tourneys tend to finish in exactly that way,anti-climatic.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to UNREALISTIC and repetative patterns : No, I can't, I'm afraid. The hands are NOT shown in real time, they are shown AFTER they were played. Usually 5 minutes or so, sometimes more, sometimes less. NEVER in real-time. You can prove that yourself, quite simply.  Just think it through. If the Hands were shown in real time, cards "face-up" on the Telly, do you not think the Players might watch, & so know what their opponent has?...... All hands are random. Why? Because there is no reason for them not to be.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Doh, just as I kicked the kids out the way to get the sky remote for channel 865...
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by 1MINDMAN
    it will come out one day whistleblowers
  • edited January 2010
    Just cashed in a dym and i was 4th of 4 and being bullied by 3 bigger stacks so made a stand with k 10 and got called by ace 3 and i hit k on river so i must have been in that 10% that wins.

Ace 3 caller is now short stack and a few hands later has to gamble and gets knocked out so he might agree with op.
  • edited January 2010
    Just cashed in a dym and i was 4th of 4 and being bullied by 3 bigger stacks so made a stand with k 10 and got called by ace 3 and i hit k on river so i must have been in that 10% that wins. Ace 3 caller is now short stack and a few hands later has to gamble and gets knocked out so he might agree with op.
    Posted by achill
    Nice one. Very good post indeedy.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to UNREALISTIC and repetative patterns :  All hands are random. Why? Because there is no reason for them not to be.

Posted by Tikay10
    Before i start i want to make it as clear as crystal that THIS IS NOT AN OPINION SUPPORTED BY ME!!!!!!!

When i was being sucked in by the conspiricy theorists (in a previous life) the point they made about the reasoning for hands to be 'fixed' if at all possible was this.

They believed that Sky had its own 'made up and fake' players that obviously did not win every hand or tournament but theoretically a lot of these spread out over numbers of hands and a decent timespan can rake in a lot of money even if just a few quid a minute on a few diferent tables.

• edited January 2010
    Just for the record i think that this is a completely bonkers theory. As if an organisation as massive and rich as Sky would even consider such a piffling penny pinching carpet bagger scam as this.

I think that all conspiracy theories to do  with Sky poker are very desperate and without any evidence or foundation and are posted as a result of people having bad luck beyond their own personal accepted comprehension.

They need to just take time out, come back when they have calmed down and then go on to win a few quid but above all else enjoy themselves playing win or loose. Lets just play the game.
  • edited January 2010
    ive been playing here for about 4 years now, and i actually have to agree. the cards are done on a fixed random generator, which is of course programmed, therefore not random. i can sense when im about to get a bad beat, and even if im gonna beat someone with a poor hand, but u learn to use it to your advantage. these are tells that maybe a new player cannot see.  it just hurts when u get it wrong lol