You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How? What? Why?

edited September 2014 in Poker Chat

Last night's Super Roller, £15,000 Guaranteed, made £17,800......

MattBates17800001£4850.50
The_Hux02£2910.30
Bromley02303£1780
rndmmuppet04£1397.30
touchsmart05£1192.60
dub106£1003.92
bearlyther07£831.26
cucc08£658.60
Hitman012709£494.84
PIPERTUNE010£494.84
GELDY011£338.20
clive_sop012£338.20
launder013£274.12
S6Bullits014£258.10
zefron114015£249.20
imhardwork016£249.20
JARV1017£240.30
madeyeII018£238.52

Comments

• edited September 2014

Few other Forum regulars in there too, well done all.

The_Hux02£2910.30
    Bromley02303£1780
    rndmmuppet04£1397.30
    touchsmart05£1192.60
    dub106£1003.92
    bearlyther07£831.26
    cucc08£658.60
    Hitman012709£494.84
    PIPERTUNE010£494.84
    GELDY011£338.20
    clive_sop012£338.20
    launder013£274.12
    S6Bullits014£258.10
    zefron114015£249.20
    imhardwork016£249.20
    JARV1017£240.30
    madeyeII018£238.52
  • edited September 2014

Ooh, just noticed another - Adam Bromley.

Well done Adam!

The_Hux02£2910.30
    Bromley02303£1780
    rndmmuppet04£1397.30
    touchsmart05£1192.60
    dub106£1003.92
    bearlyther07£831.26
    cucc08£658.60
    Hitman012709£494.84
    PIPERTUNE010£494.84
    GELDY011£338.20
    clive_sop012£338.20
    launder013£274.12
    S6Bullits014£258.10
    zefron114015£249.20
    imhardwork016£249.20
    JARV1017£240.30
    madeyeII018£238.52
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: How? What? Why?:
    Ooh, just noticed another - Adam Bromley. Well done Adam! MattBates 1780000 1 £4850.50 The_Hux 0 2 £2910.30 Bromley023 0 3 £1780 rndmmuppet 0 4 £1397.30 touchsmart 0 5 £1192.60 dub1 0 6 £1003.92 bearlyther 0 7 £831.26 cucc 0 8 £658.60 Hitman0127 0 9 £494.84 PIPERTUNE 0 10 £494.84 GELDY 0 11 £338.20 clive_sop 0 12 £338.20 launder 0 13 £274.12 S6Bullits 0 14 £258.10 zefron114 0 15 £249.20 imhardwork 0 16 £249.20 JARV1 0 17 £240.30 madeyeII 0 18 £238.52
    Posted by Tikay10
     Ha!

Adam WISHES that was him. I can confirm that he was in fact snoring his head off as his better half brought in the dollar. 

I'm the best Bromley. Meeeeeeeee 

23 rocks! 

(May be a little sleep deprived!) 
  • edited September 2014

Eh?

It was NATTERLEY?

Good Lord.

How? What? Why?

Anyway, well done Natterley. I saw this photo on Twitter, & thought of you, actually.

• edited September 2014
    Looked like there was an unusual dynamic running on Table 1 last night, mid-way through the tournament 4 of the top 6 stacks were all on the same table. If memory serves, bearlyther was one of the other two players so he/she must have taken advantage
  • edited September 2014
    Hi. I came 2nd. I was also lucky enough to finish 2nd two weeks ago, but on that occasion I played the heads up really poorly. For some reason I took that well and was just made up with the cash, Last night I felt determined to take it down when at the heads up stage and was the clear chip leader. I got it in good twice but the poker Gods were not with me. 

Whilst I should be happy that I played well (at least I thought I did), for some reason I am finding myself feeling gutted...so close again!! 

The thing is I know that I should have been happier 2nd time because I played the HU well & got unlucky.. and I should have been gutted 1st time round because I played the HU poorly ... The times I have seen people getting interviewed after they have come 2nd in a tournament and they say they are fed up and i'm shouting at the TV saying NO WAY you are fed up after you won all that dosh!! Now I sort of see where they are coming from.

Anyway I really enjoyed the tournament again and the the structure is great. I look forward to playing it again and to posting on here too. Maybe someone can advise me on getting over defeats?? As in the Heads up part..I am aware that overall it was a good result and am grateful for that.
  • edited September 2014
    Hi. I came 2nd. I was also lucky enough to finish 2nd two weeks ago, but on that occasion I played the heads up really poorly. For some reason I took that well and was just made up with the cash, Last night I felt determined to take it down when at the heads up stage and was the clear chip leader. I got it in good twice but the poker Gods were not with me.  Whilst I should be happy that I played well (at least I thought I did), for some reason I am finding myself feeling gutted...so close again!!  The thing is I know that I should have been happier 2nd time because I played the HU well & got unlucky.. and I should have been gutted 1st time round because I played the HU poorly ... The times I have seen people getting interviewed after they have come 2nd in a tournament and they say they are fed up and i'm shouting at the TV saying NO WAY you are fed up after you won all that dosh!! Now I sort of see where they are coming from. Anyway I really enjoyed the tournament again and the the structure is great. I look forward to playing it again and to posting on here too. Maybe someone can advise me on getting over defeats?? As in the Heads up part..I am aware that overall it was a good result and am grateful for that.
    Posted by The_Hux

Firstly....congrats on your second second in so few weeks! Very well played.

Do not beat yourself up about coming R/U. You were against Mattbates. This guy never loses a race whether behind, in front or needing a joker to survive after the river! ;)

Well done to ALL who cashed last night. 
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: How? What? Why? : Firstly....congrats on your second second in so few weeks! Very well played. Do not beat yourself up about coming R/U. You were against Mattbates. This guy never loses a race whether behind, in front or needing a joker to survive after the river! ;) Well done to ALL who cashed last night. 
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Thanks Max. I suppose in the cold light of day I need to get over it and enjoy the result. Maybe read a psychology based poker book too. I read a book called poker mindset ages ago and found it very helpful, i'll try to find it. 
  • edited September 2014
    That's pretty amazing to finish 2nd twice in so few weeks. There's ALOT of luck in MTTs and a ton of luck HU so just be very happy with two 2nd places in the biggest MTT on the site in a short space of time.

Wp
  • edited September 2014
    Hi. I came 2nd. I was also lucky enough to finish 2nd two weeks ago, but on that occasion I played the heads up really poorly. For some reason I took that well and was just made up with the cash, Last night I felt determined to take it down when at the heads up stage and was the clear chip leader. I got it in good twice but the poker Gods were not with me.  Whilst I should be happy that I played well (at least I thought I did), for some reason I am finding myself feeling gutted...so close again!!  The thing is I know that I should have been happier 2nd time because I played the HU well & got unlucky.. and I should have been gutted 1st time round because I played the HU poorly ... The times I have seen people getting interviewed after they have come 2nd in a tournament and they say they are fed up and i'm shouting at the TV saying NO WAY you are fed up after you won all that dosh!! Now I sort of see where they are coming from. Anyway I really enjoyed the tournament again and the the structure is great. I look forward to playing it again and to posting on here too. Maybe someone can advise me on getting over defeats?? As in the Heads up part..I am aware that overall it was a good result and am grateful for that.
    Posted by The_Hux
    Roller-Runner-Upper TWO weeks on the bounce?

Extraordinary!

Never mind feeling down, just count the money.

Very well played indeed, & a bit unlucky that you ran into a right good one in Matt Bates.

Will try & give you a shout-out on tomorrow's Show. Assuming "memory issues" don't intervene.....

• edited September 2014
    Thanks Tikay. Would be made up with a mention! Runner up twice out of 3 weeks it was. 1st time was two weeks ago.

I don't want to dwell on it and I am happy with result, but I have had tilt issues in the past, and am trying constantly to keep them at bay. So thanks for the replies. It all helps.
  • edited September 2014
    Thanks Tikay. Would be made up with a mention! Runner up twice out of 3 weeks it was. 1st time was two weeks ago. I don't want to dwell on it and I am happy with result, but I have had tilt issues in the past, and am trying constantly to keep them at bay. So thanks for the replies. It all helps.
    Posted by The_Hux
    Will do my best to remember - it will (or should, if I remember....) be at the top of the Show, in the first half an hour.
  • edited September 2014
    Thanks Tikay. Would be made up with a mention! Runner up twice out of 3 weeks it was. 1st time was two weeks ago. I don't want to dwell on it and I am happy with result, but I have had tilt issues in the past, and am trying constantly to keep them at bay. So thanks for the replies. It all helps.
    Posted by The_Hux
    Funny you should say that.

Help is at hand, here on the Community & on Ch 861 - VERY soon. Truly, watch this space, as they say.

Tilt is such a negative & destructive emotion - but it can be cured. It can.

By "watch this space" & "coming soon", I mean in the next week or two.
  • edited September 2014
    I agree very much with the above. 

You played really really well on the FT and very tricky to play against. I struggled to find a spot against you and knew 3rd was gonna be the lock for me. 

Please take heart from that performance. 

Also, unfortunately, there's no beating Bates when a) he's playing as well as he was last night and b) when he runs like God!  That's just the luck part! 

See you next Sunday. Same time, same place! 

Natalie 
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: How? What? Why? : Funny you should say that. Help is at hand, here on the Community & on Ch 861 - VERY soon. Truly, watch this space, as they say. Tilt is such a negative & destructive emotion - but it can be cured. It can.   By "watch this space" & "coming soon", I mean in the next week or two.
    Posted by Tikay10
    That's great. Just what I' after.
  • edited September 2014
    I agree very much with the above.  You played really really well on the FT and very tricky to play against. I struggled to find a spot against you and knew 3rd was gonna be the lock for me.  Please take heart from that performance.  Also, unfortunately, there's no beating Bates when a) he's playing as well as he was last night and b) when he runs like God!  That's just the luck part!  See you next Sunday. Same time, same place!  Natalie 
    Posted by Bromley023
    Thaks very much Natalie. I will indeed take heart from that. Enjoyable banter on F/T too. Looking forwatd to next week. 
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: How? What? Why? : That's great. Just what I' after.
    Posted by The_Hux
    You & many, many, others.

Tilt is something I find hard to understand, whereas tilt-control is my bread & butter, finding ways to combat it.

It's very odd, some people wear "tilt" as a badge of honour.

"I missed the first hand of the Roller as the table was slow to load, it tilted me to death".

Of COURSE we should not miss the first hand, 100% agree, sort it out Sky, but it brings nothing to the party if we allow such a minor thing to distrub our mental equilibrium.

Anyway, coming very soon, we shall wage war on tilt, how to manage it, & the different types of tilt.    

• edited September 2014
    I really enjoyed the Roller, great structure and tough competition. It's very rare these days that I can play it so I'm delighted to have satted in and had a good run. Nice banter in the chat box on occasions and no signs of any abuse. vwp to all who cashed and particularly Matt for taking it down.

Had to play as the shortie vs Matt Bates, who would have thunk it.

I had been flying until my A high flush ran into a K high straight flush sb vs bb, such is poker, Fortunately I get as much practise nursing short stacks as Matt Bates gets being short so at least I was in familiar territory for the last couple of hours.

Thanks to the Hux for making the bubble period less stressful. He was a big stack on his short-handed table and it was clear from the way he was playing that it would only be a matter of time before one of the shorties on it would be bubble boy.
  • edited September 2014
    I really enjoyed the Roller, great structure and tough competition. It's very rare these days that I can play it so I'm delighted to have satted in and had a good run. Nice banter in the chat box on occasions and no signs of any abuse. vwp to all who cashed and particularly Matt for taking it down. Had to play as the shortie vs Matt Bates, who would have thunk it. I had been flying until my A high flush ran into a K high straight flush sb vs bb, such is poker, Fortunately I get as much practise nursing short stacks as Matt Bates gets being short so at least I was in familiar territory for the last couple of hours. Thanks to the Hux for making the bubble period less stressful. He was a big stack on his short-handed table and it was clear from the way he was playing that it would only be a matter of time before one of the shorties on it would be bubble boy.
    Posted by GELDY
    GREAT performance Gelders, very well done.
  • edited September 2014
    Looked like there was an unusual dynamic running on Table 1 last night, mid-way through the tournament 4 of the top 6 stacks were all on the same table. If memory serves, bearlyther was one of the other two players so he/she must have taken advantage
    Posted by FCHD

I was on this table and yes with 50 or so left, 4 of the top 6 stacks were on it .Bearlyther is a qaulity player but you are making it sound as though he was dominating the table and this is by no means true in fact he was the short stack for a lot of it, won a few flips then got it all in with AQ against AK and won which gave him a big stack to cash with.
  • edited September 2014
    Many congrats to young Nats and her hubby who came second last week if I remember correctly. Surely they must be Sky Pokers answer to Hinge and Bracket
  • edited September 2014
    Wp Matt.   Now go play somehwere else FFS    :)
  • edited September 2014
    Many congrats to young Nats and her hubby who came second last week if I remember correctly. Surely they must be Sky Pokers answer to Hinge and Bracket
    Posted by cenachav
    BOOM.

To be right, it's a tad unfair. On Adam.

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: How? What? Why? : I was on this table and yes with 50 or so left, 4 of the top 6 stacks were on it .Bearlyther is a qaulity player but you are making it sound as though he was dominating the table and this is by no means true in fact he was the short stack for a lot of it, won a few flips then got it all in with AQ against AK and won which gave him a big stack to cash with.
    Posted by jonjo75

Sorry. if that was the way it came across it was not intended. It was just an observation from outside that by the time the money was divvied up most of the big stacks on that table were out (not all, but most) and that bearlyther who was one of the short stacks had managed to cash, and cash big.
  • edited September 2014
    Very well played all - great night on the roller xxx