You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Disconnection/Internet Issues

edited September 2014 in Poker Chat
All
I have tried to play 2x STT (Sit & Go) at 60p level, and on both occasions I have got the connection issue screen displayed and asked to reload table. I tried to do this only for my screen to go white.

I have since found that the issue was actually a total loss of broadband from my/our sky broadband service. 

Is there anything that might be able to be done so that I can get some sort of compensation for my issue?

I was constantly "away" from the table and unable to play because of the loss of internet..

Comments

• edited September 2014

You will need to contact customer services Gary. Give all the details you can.

Link at bottom of page.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Disconnection/Internet Issues:
    All I have tried to play 2x STT (Sit & Go) at 60p level, and on both occasions I have got the connection issue screen displayed and asked to reload table. I tried to do this only for my screen to go white. I have since found that the issue was actually a total loss of broadband from my/our sky broadband service.  Is there anything that might be able to be done so that I can get some sort of compensation for my issue? I was constantly "away" from the table and unable to play because of the loss of internet..
    Posted by GaryLaud
    i can verify Gary was away as i was watching him at the time.

contact cc & i'm sure you will get your buy-ins back. gl
    give the time you were playing & how many games & how much you lost, & that should be enough. gl
    dev
  • edited September 2014
    I contacted customer support via chat nd got basically told NO - nothing to do with Sky..so my bid to get my buy in's back was unsuccessful.
  • edited September 2014
    Kinda have to aggree with sky gary.

If your broadband having problems then its not sky pokers problem.
  • edited September 2014
    unlucky Gary,
     the last time i lost my connection & got my buy-ins back i think  it was my  sky poker tables  that went down & not my sky broadband, but can't remember off hand now as it was a long time ago.
    i did lose connection for about 5-10 minutes a few weeks ago though, which was my sky broadband going down, and had 6 tables go down, resulting in me losing 1 game but got the other 5 back up & running again....thankfully.
    i think it's unfair on any player when this happens, & i do see it pretty much every day players being away, & sometimes they get their connection back, sometimes they don't.
    i think we just have to accept it when it does happen mate, but that doesn't help us much at the time i know.
    again playing with good brm helps when this does occasionally happen,  as losing a buy-in or two really shouldn't matter too much to our overall bankroll, although at the time it does seem almost like it's the end of the world to us,... ok maybe not that strong, but you get my drift.
    anyway mate, better luck tomorrow.

• edited September 2014
    If disconnecting from a 60p makes someone feel like their world has ended, they need help!

Frustrating Gary, but has to be chalked down to one of the (very few) drawbacks of online poker; no internet will ever be perfect 100% of the time.

At least you didn't D/C on the bubble ;)
  • edited September 2014
    That's one reason i have just cancled my sky broadband, funny but it always seemed to go off when playing cards.