You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

STUPIDITY AT A DYM

edited September 2014 in Poker Chat

ive just played in a standard DYM, where 1 2 and 3rd get paid the same.
we were down to the last 4, and the short stack had 1/2 a b/b.
then the 2 big stacks went all in.
now it may be just me but I thought that the aim was to cash, so all they had to do was fold, that way they both would have cashed, the short stack couldn't believe his luck.
Now was this plain stupid, or just the  " I want to come first syndrome ? where 2nd is not an option.

Comments

• edited September 2014
    It could be one or both of those things, or the player may not have been paying attention to stack sizes, etc.

Or maybe he/she hadn't quite grasped the concept of a DYM.
  • edited September 2014

Don't matter blud!

Just thank Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Krishna, Jehovah and cross dressing smoking aliens that these players exist.
  • edited September 2014
    cross dressing smoking aliens are off topic!! ------ anyway, I would keep them to myself if I were you!
  • edited September 2014
    Sunday night i saw someone in a DYM fold their bb of 100 chips to a player who was away. First time i have ever seen that.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: STUPIDITY AT A DYM:
    Sunday night i saw someone in a DYM fold their bb of 100 chips to a player who was away. First time i have ever seen that.
    Posted by 55013
    I've done it loads when multi tabling, sometimes it's easy to miss the 'away' in small table sizes, well that's my excuse anyway.
  • edited September 2014
    I don't really understand this thread, someone made a "non optimal play" (saying it in a polite way). We want them to do it and if they had fun while doing it and we ended up winning, whats the problem. Why mock them on the forum?
  • edited September 2014
    there is times when i've seen a short stack get sacked from elimination by myself when i've call his jam preflop, so it's a multiway pot and on the flop this other person decided to shove making me think he has got a stronger hand than  myself ie AK missed or QQ on A high flop, so everyone else folded expecting him to hold a good hand when infact he had nothing and the short stack has won the pot thanks to the donkey getting rid of the other callers.