You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's Show - Champion!

13»

Comments

• edited September 2014
    In for last longer please xx
  • edited September 2014
    last longer plz
  • edited September 2014

Are some form lines pointless? 

For example....

If Sunderland have avoided defeat in their last 8 visits to Villa Park, does this really effect the view of both punters and bookies alike when evaluating the next Villa v Sunderland game? 

"The last 8 favourites in this race have failed to win" 

I tend to think punters over-value statistics. 

Thoughts? 
  • edited September 2014

Another question, as football fans, rather than betting experts, are they happy with the format of the champions league?

Comparing it to poker, the early stages are really low variance, where the best teams (or players) will almost always progress. 

As the tournament goes on, the ties become higher variance, culminating in a 1 off final where anything can happen. 

Would any of the pundits alter the structure at all so that we get the better teams playing against eachother more often. 

And therefore the champions league winner will almost certainly be the best team in Europe? 
  • edited September 2014
    For top goalscorer for the champions league i can see costa get it for chelsea  at 20/1 great value

with an easy group can see him get lots of goals
  • edited September 2014
    Not enjoyed tonight's show, sorry guys. Been a bit slow without any real momentum to it. All the advise is not to bet lol. Bring on next hour of poker at least :)
  • edited September 2014
    Thanks for the advise and for the great show as usual. I'll have to start getting into to habit of betting bigger, as you've mentioned that on both hands I've been on.
  • edited September 2014
    Good evening Gentlemen.
    Mr Channing would you be available to participate in the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack, when you have a spare afternoon. Some great players have played in this tournament including Mr Thew, Mr Spittles and a player of your calibre would be a w2elcome addition.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited September 2014
    3betting almost every hand is something i'm thinking will have to be done more frequently,

my cash at the minute seems to be always getting people folding on flops .
  • edited September 2014
    Hello again guys,just a quick question for Tikay and Neil regarding live tourneys.Do you think that us"nits"will come to the fold again in the future.I've been playing live for about 12 years and had some real sucess early on,making a national final table and the like but have to admit struggled to adjust to the "new"way of playing(hyper aggro)but recently the game seems to be returning to small pre flop raises and seeing more flops,any thoughts.
    Regards
    Dave Black
  • edited September 2014
    evening gents great show, about my hand that i had shipped earlier, i understand where your coming from but the last few weeks i've had people telling me they folded a weaker set on a dry river, putting most there chips and creating a pot £40 but then folding the last £4 when i shoved. i have to be honest i was almost i can see lots of Qh and Jh folding when i ship.

it's also why i'm now thinking set mining is pointless when ever i'm not the open raiser.
  • edited September 2014

With all due respect to Neil, Turbo Tuesday isnt the WSOP. It is a cheap tourney on Sky Poker played by many including some micro players due to its buy in. Some of the prizes up top are probably the biggest pay day for some players. Please consider this when commentating on some of the play, cheers.

• edited September 2014

Congratulations to thebil123 who wins the last longer and free entry to Thursday’s Sky Sports Bounty Hunter!