You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

am I alone?

edited September 2014 in Poker Chat
Ok so 4 weeks of the premiership promo and no cashes for me. 25% chance of cashing each week so ive been unlucky so far. Week 5 I remain positive only to find my new team spurs are last! Holy moly! Everyone I know has cashed so far and some have won well over 100 quid.
please tell me im not alone so I can stop feeling sorry for myself!

Ger

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Hi Gerard
    Sorry mate won twice for total of £35
    Still you win so much playing poker do you need anymore?  :)
    Nick
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to am I alone?:
    Ok so 4 weeks of the premiership promo and no cashes for me. 25% chance of cashing each week so ive been unlucky so far. Week 5 I remain positive only to find my new team spurs are last! Holy moly! Everyone I know has cashed so far and some have won well over 100 quid. please tell me im not alone so I can stop feeling sorry for myself! Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    You'll never walk alone. 

lol. I am in the same position.  Lets sing together.

When you walk through the storm
    Hold your head up high
    And don't be afraid of the dark
    At the end of the storm
    There's a golden sky
    And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on, through the wind
    Walk on, through the rain
    Though your dreams be tossed and blown
    Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
    And you'll never walk alone
    You'll never walk alone

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
    And you'll never walk alone
    You'll never walk alone

• edited September 2014
    No mate not alone, it's another promo that was a great idea but not properly thought over.

Uneven teams regularly so if you get put in a team with 10% less players all ready on back foot! Summit for nothing so can't complain , but when I read aussie's piston it I just worked out at start of week who would be likely winners. Last two weeks been in teams with no chance based on previous weeks so not put the time in to qualify.

Got to be in it to win it though fella, spurs should get you a free £5 bet, but that's all I am afraid :)
  • edited September 2014
    got 13 quid and a couple of free bets so happy enough first cashes from any promos.

Only problem i have found is the teams should be equal other than that its a great promo.
  • edited September 2014
    No free bets either apart from last week which everyone got! Oh well 2 weeks left fingers crossed

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: am I alone?:
    No free bets either apart from last week which everyone got! Oh well 2 weeks left fingers crossed
    Posted by gerardirl

You win too much anyway :)

• edited September 2014
    Nope. Every team I have been in has been in bottom four! Same this week. 
    Absoloutly no incentive to grind. 
  • edited September 2014
    Sorry to say mate won on all 4 weeks for just over £150.
  • edited September 2014
    I wonder if sky had a freeroll for those that didnt cash yet gained 50pts each week

• edited September 2014
    Nope. Every team I have been in has been in bottom four! Same this week.  Absoloutly no incentive to grind. 
    Posted by CraigSG1
    Your 'incentive to grind' should be the same as it ever is.
  • edited September 2014

4 weeks of the premiership promo

25% chance of cashing each week

^^^^ Are you alone? 

You do the maths ...........................
  • edited September 2014
    Wow Hotwheals, that is some sick rungood.

Last week (week 4) was the first time I got money but was only £13 like.

Just see it as the chance of free money for doing nothing out the ordinary imo. I'd guess the average payout so far across all players is probably only like £10-£15 so you aint losing much 'in EV'. The incentive to grind is either cos you enjoy it or cos you beat the games (and if it's the latter then £10-£15 over a 4 week period is pretty small anyway)
  • edited September 2014
    None. But I have a great chance this week with alot of high stake grinders :) 

Go on the Gunnnerrrrrrs. (Even for this weekend too!)
  • edited September 2014
    You are not alone :(
  • edited September 2014
    Agree with Craig here, I get the point that the incentive to grind is the same as it ever is, but that then doesn't say much for the promotion does it?! If it's a promotion I'd expect 'an additional incentive to grind'.

It's basically a prize draw for all but the biggest grinders, no one player who isn't either a high stakes player or a huge grinder can affect the result. Pretty sure when I looked at the board yesterday Style had accumulated over 3000 points in a day! 

The team captain addition was a good one, giving players who don't find themselves in a team with a big player the chance to battle for a bonus. 

Can never really moan about free cash, but worth wondering whether the promo has achieved its objective.

Much preferred the SnG promos recently where players are tempted into trying a different variant which may see them stick around in that format and increase traffic longer term.
  • edited September 2014
    The only thing I've won is 2x £5 free bets.. 
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: am I alone? : Your 'incentive to grind' should be the same as it ever is.
    Posted by Slipwater
    OK, incentive to put in more hours/effort.
  • edited September 2014
    No joy for me either, and no chance in week 5.

I have enough bricks from Sky promo's to build me a skyscraper.
  • edited September 2014
    Haha thanks for the replies, I feel better now im not alone

• edited September 2014
    Ok so week 6 ...the red devils.....current position second last. 

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh dear.....

No cashes no free bets (apart from when everyone got it)...am i still alone?

Please tell me Im not pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!!!

And before anyone asks me to do the maths there is a 7% chance of this happening to players and of this 7% the % of people that have reached 50pts a week reduces this to probably about 2%! :D
  • edited September 2014
    Same here mate and i got the Toffees this week :-(

And one of my team mates is:
    BUMLOVE The Toffees 0
  • edited September 2014
    Same here mate and i got the Toffees this week :-( And one of my team mates is: BUMLOVE The Toffees 0
    Posted by VespaPX
    All in?
  • edited September 2014
    lol Vespa u always cheer me up :)