You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Min50/100bb tables PLO

edited October 2014 in Poker Chat
Any chance of getting some Min 50/75/100 BB tables PLO as well as the normal ones and even possibly 200BB? I understand there is an 'art' to short stacking cash games, but from a reg's prespective theres nothing worse than you sat there 200bb deep with other 'regs' who are equally sat as deep and then a guy decides to sit down with 15bb.... Also PLO50 seems to be taking off quite a bit more at the moment on sky, last night there was 7 full ring games going and there was potential for more, but no more empty tables would open once there was 7 running - can you increase that? 

Hope this is something you could look into and maybe sort out as I said PLO games seem to be getting a lot more popular on sky recently and this would benefit all. 

Comments

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Min50/100bb tables PLO:
    Any chance of getting some Min 50/75/100 BB tables PLO as well as the normal ones and even possibly 200BB? I understand there is an 'art' to short stacking cash games, but from a reg's prespective theres nothing worse than you sat there 200bb deep with other 'regs' who are equally sat as deep and then a guy decides to sit down with 15bb.... Also PLO50 seems to be taking off quite a bit more at the moment on sky, last night there was 7 full ring games going and there was potential for more, but no more empty tables would open once there was 7 running - can you increase that?  Hope this is something you could look into and maybe sort out as I said PLO games seem to be getting a lot more popular on sky recently and this would benefit all. 
    Posted by KptLpz
    The PLO traffc is increasing - yes, great news, eh?

I'm up at Head Office first thing tomorrow, I'll ask them about your questions generally, & let you know.
  • edited September 2014
    +1 to this. Would love to see some deeper stacked omaha games. 

Playing against short stacks in omaha is even worse than in holdem because you end up having to play really tight which is not what you want when playing omaha!
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Min50/100bb tables PLO:
    In Response to Min50/100bb tables PLO : The PLO traffc is increasing - yes, great news, eh? I'm up at Head Office first thing tomorrow, I'll ask them about your questions generally, & let you know.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks - look forward to hopefully hearing a postive reply :) cheers
  • edited September 2014
    I really like these ideas, i mentioned ages ago that having plo mastercash tables would be a great idea so that we are sitting 200bb deep will make for a much better game and bigger pots and more rake for sky so everyone is a winner. Also the 50bb min tables would be great to stop the min buy in HIT AND RUNNERS. 

Tikay, also could you mention to head office about having some more heads up 50 and 100 tables to stop all the plo regs arguing about who should get the heads up tables.

Thanks Phil 
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Min50/100bb tables PLO:
    Any chance of getting some Min 50/75/100 BB tables PLO as well as the normal ones and even possibly 200BB? I understand there is an 'art' to short stacking cash games, but from a reg's prespective theres nothing worse than you sat there 200bb deep with other 'regs' who are equally sat as deep and then a guy decides to sit down with 15bb.... Also PLO50 seems to be taking off quite a bit more at the moment on sky, last night there was 7 full ring games going and there was potential for more, but no more empty tables would open once there was 7 running - can you increase that?  Hope this is something you could look into and maybe sort out as I said PLO games seem to be getting a lot more popular on sky recently and this would benefit all. 
    Posted by KptLpz
    Morning Kpt.

I took the thread to the Top Bloke Chap in Head Office yesterday, & he was very helpful.

He's going to arrange some additional tables for PLO50.

He will also look at introducing a few "deep" PLO Tables. Won't be many (for now, anyway) as they don't want to put off genuine newbies who just want to try PLO for the first time & so, reasonably, want to sit "short". (Yes, I do know the pros & cons of the debate!).

Might take a few days, but it will be sorted shortly as above.

Good luck.
  • edited September 2014
    I really like these ideas, i mentioned ages ago that having plo mastercash tables would be a great idea so that we are sitting 200bb deep will make for a much better game and bigger pots and more rake for sky so everyone is a winner. Also the 50bb min tables would be great to stop the min buy in HIT AND RUNNERS.  Tikay, also could you mention to head office about having some more heads up 50 and 100 tables to stop all the plo regs arguing about who should get the heads up tables. Thanks Phil 
    Posted by PhilAny2_Q
    Hi Phil,

I never saw your reply until after I got back from Leeds, sorry. I'll have a word next time I'm up there.

There is, as you know, a bit of a problem with Heads up Tables, with folks botty hunting. Think if there were 100 of them, the problem would still occur!

Hit & runners? Its a fact of life in poker, something we all see from time to time, & just have to accept. Sure, it grates a bit when laddo scoops a big pot then disappears pronto, we feel sort of "violated", but they are not breaking any rules. Doubt they have many friends, either, but they are perfectly entitled to do it, as you know.

A kid used to do it regularly at G-Luton in the DC game. "Gotta dash, my train leaves in 5 minutes" was his standard line. He did it once at 3am in the morning......"got to go, my train leaves shortly".....

Yeah yeah, whatever.   
  • edited September 2014
    Any news ???? Nothing happened as yet - would rather you say well see what happens with the action rather than itll happen and nothing happens ....... Just a bit annoying ..... Zzzzzzzzz
  • edited September 2014
    Any news ???? Nothing happened as yet - would rather you say well see what happens with the action rather than itll happen and nothing happens ....... Just a bit annoying ..... Zzzzzzzzz
    Posted by KptLpz
    Hi Kpt,

Not sure why the "zzzz"?

I replied to you as follows......

"Morning Kpt.

I took the thread to the Top Bloke Chap in Head Office yesterday, & he was very helpful.

He's going to arrange some additional tables for PLO50.

He will also look at introducing a few "deep" PLO Tables. Won't be many (for now, anyway) as they don't want to put off genuine newbies who just want to try PLO for the first time & so, reasonably, want to sit "short". (Yes, I do know the pros & cons of the debate!).

Might take a few days, but it will be sorted shortly as above.

Good luck."

I have no authority, power, or clout Upstairs, all I can do is try to oil the wheels & be helpful, pass on the request, & relay to you the reply I got.

I'm sorry if nothing has been done, & I'll send the thread back up to them. I can't do more than that.
  • edited September 2014

Thread now sent Upstairs again.

I'll let you know if I get a reply, whatever it may be.
  • edited September 2014

I've just heard back after I sent the thread up again this morning.

You asked for ADDITIONAL tables @ PLO50, & this was implemented immediately, the day I went up to Leeds. 

On the other request, for DEEPER Tables, you never stated at what Limits you wanted. They don't want to do it at all Limits until they see how a limited experiment works.

So, let us know at what Level you want the Deeper Tables, & they'll probably sort it pronto-ish. It'll likely be "Mastercash" style, but not Mastercash, as PLO is not currently available to Ch 861.

• edited October 2014
    Regarding the deeper tables 25/50 and 50/1 sounds gd for an experiment level, 50 plo seems to be where the most action is at the moment. can the min buy in be 40 or 50 bb?
    Tikay what did head office say about more heads up 50 and 100 tables?
    Thanks Phil 
  • edited October 2014
    Regarding the deeper tables 25/50 and 50/1 sounds gd for an experiment level, 50 plo seems to be where the most action is at the moment. can the min buy in be 40 or 50 bb? Tikay what did head office say about more heads up 50 and 100 tables? Thanks Phil 
    Posted by PhilAny2_
    Q
    Hi Phil,

I never asked that question, as it's a far wider issue generally, throughout the industry, & most sites are developing, or experimenting with, different ways of looking at this matter. This includes Sky Poker, I would imagine.

Just adding more Tables would not solve anything, the potential solutions are a little more complex.