You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How to stop slow in sattelites

Mainly for sattelite tournies this one really. And it's not just the short stacks.

When it's nearing the cut off for qualifying through a sattelite nearly all the players on the table run the clock down, which is really annoying but I do it myself if you can't beat them join them. But it really makes the game drag on pointlessly as all tables are doing it thinking that they are gaining an advantage.

When it gets to this stage all the tables should be played hand by hand. So until each hand has finshed on every table the next hand will not start. Which would make time wasting pointless.

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to How to stop slow in sattelites:
    Mainly for sattelite tournies this one really. And it's not just the short stacks. When it's nearing the cut off for qualifying through a sattelite nearly all the players on the table run the clock down, which is really annoying but I do it myself if you can't beat them join them. But it really makes the game drag on pointlessly as all tables are doing it thinking that they are gaining an advantage. When it gets to this stage all the tables should be played hand by hand. So until each hand has finshed on every table the next hand will not start. Which would make time wasting pointless.
    Posted by hoyski
    This should be done for all MTTs - Hand for hand play on the money bubble and the final table bubble. Really adds to the drama for the players and, as hoyski says, stops players delberately running the clock down (a tactic that I myself use regularly).
  • edited January 2010

Could you not consider the managment of time on the bubble as one of the skills of satalites ???

I think i would

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: How to stop slow in sattelites:
    Could you not consider the managment of time on the bubble as one of the skills of satalites ??? I think i would
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    NO!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: How to stop slow in sattelites:
    In Response to Re: How to stop slow in sattelites : NO!
    Posted by hoyski
    lol only 3 months between replies ......cool

The managment of your stack against position of other players in the tournament is most definatly one of the skill sets of sat play. Like it or not it is here to stay because many who use sats a lot (like myself) will always allow others the oportunity to knock themselves out while i take my time with my decisions :)
  • edited April 2010
    +1 bring in Hand 4 Hand, especially for satellites.