You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Another possible jackpot chance....Wednesday 10th Sept

edited September 2014 in Poker Chat

Good luck to the roller expert The_Hux. 

Main -  5th/11 (297 runners)

Mini -   10th/13 (197 runners)

Too late for me to update, but please check out GaryQQQ's thread to see how he got on!

Comments

• edited September 2014
    He's now won the mini and has a HUGE chiplead in the main with 3 left.

Looks like he's in very good shape for the full £5k.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Another possible jackpot chance....Wednesday 10th Sept:
    He's now won the mini and has a HUGE chiplead in the main with 3 left. Looks like he's in very good shape for the full £5k.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Bok.

WP Hux.  Quite the ridiculous end to a good run to come 1st in mini and 2nd in main for bonus £2.5k jackpot money. 

Very poor form from villain in last hand.  Left a bitter taste in the mouth and not good to see.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Another possible jackpot chance....Wednesday 10th Sept : Bok. WP Hux.  Quite the ridiculous end to a good run to come 1st in mini and 2nd in main for bonus £2.5k jackpot money.  Very poor form from villain in last hand.  Left a bitter taste in the mouth and not good to see.
    Posted by gazza127
    What happened? Slowrolled?! 

Vwp hux regardless!! Very impressive stats you're accumulating!! 
  • edited September 2014
    Good morning
    Firstly, thanks for all the support & kind messages from the rail last night, it was amazing.
    I won the mini event, but fell at the final hurdle in the main, doing my usual trick of managing somehow to throw away a monster chip lead.
    I am however delighted with the £2500 jackpot bonus for top posititions and along with prize money totalled £4257 on the night. So the fact that I have to spend the day like a sleep deprived zombie is slightly more bearable.
    Again thanks so much to the many people railing although as we were nearing the final tables there may have been a slight negative to it...I was in the FT bubble position and starting to stress.When the jackpot got mentioned, I started to get raised/ reraised something rotten...which is fair enough.. I would have done the same! A special mention to Tommy D who I am aware is a top player and gave me a right stressful hour or so at that point!
    As Gazza alluded to , I got slow rolled in the hand that put paid to the 5k bonus...I was convinced he was toying with  calling with a worse hand than my over pair until he turned over quads at the last min! But what the hey! I won't dwell on that, well played him/her for winning the tourn.

Thanks again. Apologies for any spelling mistakes..phone use and sleep deprivation! will correct later. 

• edited September 2014
    Well done, mate. Awesome night's work. It's hard to complain about getting 2.5K just for turning up.

Hope you had a good sleep - you can try again tonight!
  • edited September 2014
    Good morning Firstly, thanks for all the support & kind messages from the rail last night, it was amazing. I won the mini event, but fell at the final hurdle in the main, doing my usual trick of managing somehow to throw away a moster chip lead. I am however delighted with the £2500 jackpot bonus for top posititions and along with prize money totalled £4257 on the night. So the fact that I have to spend the day like a sleep deprived zombie is slightly more bearable. Again thanks so much to the many people railing although as we were nearing the final tablesthere may have been a slight negative to it...I was in the FT bubble position and starting to stress.When the jackpot got mentioned, I started to get raised/ reraised something rotten...whigh is fair enough I would have done the same! A special mention to Tommy D who I am awaree is a top player and gave me a right stressful hour or so at that point! As Gazza alluded to , I got slow rolled in the hand that put paid to the 5k bonus...I was convinced he was toying with  calling witb a worse hand than my over pair till he turned ovef quads at the last min! But what the hey! I won't dwell on that, well played him/her for winninv tourn. Thanks again. Apologies for any spelling mistakes..phone use and sleep deprivation! will correct later. 
    Posted by The_Hux
    Morning Andy - amazing performance.

So that's 2nd in the Sunday Roller a fortnight back, 2nd in the Sunday Roller this week, 2nd in the rebuy last night, won the Mini last night, & a £2,500 Bonus on top? 

Very nice!

Sorry to hear about the apparent slowroll. We live in strange times, eh?

Anyway, enjoy the money, that's Christmas sorted!
  • edited September 2014
    Well played, that's an epic start to your Sky Poker career.

I would guess that you're not a total newbie to poker!

As for your opponent slow rolling with quads that's not good. If it was a genuine slow roll and not a connection problem or a celebration that got out of hand then it's pretty poor form. I for one know that if I tried to slow roll anyone I would suffer a connection issue or software problem which would lose me the hand. If I have the winning hand I can't call quickly enough!

• edited September 2014

Well played Andy. I saw you were very short in the mini, so to go on and win that, is a very good effort. Another R/U in a main in just a few weeks is more than some do in years so head up and congrats again.
  • edited September 2014

Quads v overpair HU with someone chasing the jackpot? hmmmmmm. Probably happens once every 5 years. 

Nice little £2.5k saved there sky rng. wp. 
  • edited September 2014
    Very commendable attitude to being slowrolled (assuming it wasnt connection  etc) with over 3k at stake. Hats off to you! 

• edited September 2014
    Well done Hux always nice to see a success.
  • edited September 2014
    Maybe it wasn't a slowroll maybe he was distracted ?? Was you at his house watching him play ??
  • edited September 2014
    Maybe it wasn't a slowroll maybe he was distracted ?? Was you at his house watching him play ??
    Posted by GCDF
    I believe opponent made comments in chat
  • edited September 2014
    Absolutely amazing results in tournaments where arguably the most amount of skill is required.  Keep it up and welcome to the site!
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Another possible jackpot chance....Wednesday 10th Sept : I believe opponent made comments in chat
    Posted by MattBates
    If true that is awful.
  • edited September 2014
    Posted by GCDF
    He had clicked the flop back about 5 seconds earlier so unlikely he'd not be there but possible.

However, he tanked all the way down then typed 'nice' in chat and called. People mentioned it on the rail and he was ... not apologetic.

It was a clear slowroll, obv doesn't affect the result but showing a bit of class would be nice, especially when its rather lucky to be crushed 22 v 99 and flop them almost dead.

Vwp Hux. Sick start to your time on Sky! 

P.S. don't have KK next time please ;)
  • edited September 2014
    The Hux was up to his old tricks again last night taking down the £2k bounty hunter with a 295 field!!! This guy is running hotter than the sun ��☀️ He even managed to not blow a 3-1 chip lead heads up �� well done mate keep it up!!