You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I don't know what to say about this hand, comments please.

edited September 2014 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
shaunthf21Small blind £0.02£0.02£4.11
DarthonBig blind £0.04£0.06£11.59
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

JINXY185Fold    
SteveGBCall £0.04£0.10£4.46
doc1970Fold    
UridiumRaise £0.16£0.26£5.36
shaunthf21Call £0.14£0.40£3.97
DarthonCall £0.12£0.52£11.47
SteveGBCall £0.12£0.64£4.34
Flop

• K

shaunthf21Check    
DarthonCheck    
SteveGBCheck    
UridiumBet £0.32£0.96£5.04
shaunthf21Call £0.32£1.28£3.65
DarthonCall £0.32£1.60£11.15
SteveGBFold    
Turn

shaunthf21Check    
DarthonCheck    
UridiumCheck    
River

• K

shaunthf21Check    
DarthonBet £0.80£2.40£10.35
UridiumFold    
shaunthf21Call £0.80£3.20£2.85
DarthonShow
  • Q
  • Q

shaunthf21Muck

DarthonWinTwo Pairs, Kings and Queens£2.96 £13.31

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Hi Uridium.

I'd probably have bet a little more on the flop - say 45p. You have three other players with you, so you need to thin the field a little. I'm almost always betting that turn as well. Sure, someone may have made the flush, but I'm still going to about £1.80 at that point.

You may not have got rid of tens or queens even with that bet, depending on how they view your play, but they'd have to think hard about the likelihood of you holding a king there, at the very least.

Ultimately, I think you played it a little too scared, and you were pushed off a pot you should really have taken down earlier.
  • edited September 2014
    Bet a bit bigger on the flop and bet turn. I'd also probably raise bigger pre.

What's then likely to happen is they both check to us on river regardless of if they have us beat or not, and we checkback this particular river.
  • edited September 2014
    Agree with above. Bet bigger!!  As for river, not greatest card but tbh the river bet is a bit weak so I think we can defiantly call here and be ahead more times than not. Ppl are almost always betting big here with trips etc as they feel they deserve more for a big hand. 
  • edited September 2014

If you want to make QQ and TT fold, move all in on the turn. 

Even if they call we still have some equity. 
  • edited September 2014
    the mistake here was you pot too much thought into the hands that now beat you and not enough thought about those which do not.
    as it's a 6 we see paired on the turn we can rule out much risk of 6 because you've got two aces already, there might be other 6x combos but they'll be suited cards most of the time.

the main worry about the card is a flush, now we know most people at these stakes will not do a 3bet bluff so if he did 3bet on the turn you can be sure he will be holding the flush. this is where the advantage of having position comes in, you have got the final bit of action, their might be a risk of a flush but we have also got lots of flush draws out there too and top pairs, we want to take as much as we can away from these people whilst we are still ahead and on the river we can Ch for safety just incase he was trapping with a flush.

paul himself always says it to me, try and work out what your opponents range could be.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: I don't know what to say about this hand, comments please.:
    Hi Uridium. I'd probably have bet a little more on the flop - say 45p. You have three other players with you, so you need to thin the field a little. I'm almost always betting that turn as well. Sure, someone may have made the flush, but I'm still going to about £1.80 at that point. You may not have got rid of tens or queens even with that bet, depending on how they view your play, but they'd have to think hard about the likelihood of you holding a king there, at the very least. Ultimately, I think you played it a little too scared, and you were pushed off a pot you should really have taken down earlier.
    Posted by Slipwater
    We're not trying to get rid of tens or queens though, even with a club these hands only have 22%. Surely we make more money when these hands call our turn bet than when they fold. Think we're missing out on value by looking to 'take it down', as we're only folding out hands that we beat/ have little equity.
  • edited September 2014
    Personally all I'd be thinking on the turn is whether or not I'm shoving blank rivers. Think if they both called and then checked I probably would. Our hands pretty strong relative to the action.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: I don't know what to say about this hand, comments please.:
    In Response to Re: I don't know what to say about this hand, comments please. : We're not trying to get rid of tens or queens though, even with a club these hands only have 22%. Surely we make more money when these hands call our turn bet than when they fold. Think we're missing out on value by looking to 'take it down', as we're only folding out hands that we beat/ have little equity.
    Posted by seanallen
    I didn't mean we want to get rid of tens or queens.

My point was that we (okay, I) don't want to get to showdown holding aces with three other players along for the ride. Aces suddenly don't look so good on a paired, three-card flush board, so I'd rather get rid of one or two of them while I have the chance. If that means pushing away the tens and queens in this instance, so be it, but I'd be very uncomfortable once the river card hits if everyone is still hanging around.