You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

time to quit 2

edited September 2014 in The Poker Clinic
ok since my last post about my constant losing and wondering if it time to pack in I just been messing around not bothered about plying just occasionally playing the odd game but I have been paying attention and basically all as I can say is the bigger stack has far better advantage than what the cards suggest as you can tell im still losing but with slowing down my play im getting further into the tournament but still no joy yesterdays lesson was my kk walked into aa my aq walked into ak and annoyingly my jj walked into k2 all of which would of gotten me into top 3 positions instead all knocked me out todays with 2 tables left and sitting 4th both blinds 10 10 8 flop I have 86 he has 87 and of course 2 small cards follow took some of my stack then the idiot raiser preraises my bb 9 10 3 cllers I call 996 flop after numerous minimal bets im all in and big stack has a9 no bad beat happens just sick of walking into hands when last table closing in and then watching preflop raise 95 win 10k pot so now point of post

how do we feel about just timing out limping to final table just to try break the monotony?
I really did used to enjoy poker gladly played one after the other ( at a different far better site) sadly no longer with us . but now im just feeling frustrated and sick of it and that im just throwing money away.
what im thinking is take a break , probably search around see what other sites are like and see if I can find enjoyment elsewhere.
any suggestions or ideas would be grateful  .due to illness have a bit of spare time at the moment .

Comments

• edited September 2014
    In Response to time to quit 2:
    ok since my last post about my constant losing and wondering if it time to pack in I just been messing around not bothered about plying just occasionally playing the odd game but I have been paying attention and basically all as I can say is the bigger stack has far better advantage than what the cards suggest as you can tell im still losing but with slowing down my play im getting further into the tournament but still no joy yesterdays lesson was my kk walked into aa my aq walked into ak and annoyingly my jj walked into k2 all of which would of gotten me into top 3 positions instead all knocked me out todays with 2 tables left and sitting 4th both blinds 10 10 8 flop I have 86 he has 87 and of course 2 small cards follow took some of my stack then the idiot raiser preraises my bb 9 10 3 cllers I call 996 flop after numerous minimal bets im all in and big stack has a9 no bad beat happens just sick of walking into hands when last table closing in and then watching preflop raise 95 win 10k pot so now point of post how do we feel about just timing out limping to final table just to try break the monotony? I really did used to enjoy poker gladly played one after the other ( at a different far better site) sadly no longer with us . but now im just feeling frustrated and sick of it and that im just throwing money away. what im thinking is take a break , probably search around see what other sites are like and see if I can find enjoyment elsewhere. any suggestions or ideas would be grateful  .due to illness have a bit of spare time at the moment .
    Posted by fliddyfish
    Good idea.
  • edited September 2014
    Hey Fliddy,

Most poker players, 65% or even more don't win money at playing poker.

There is things all players can do to improve and get better at the game.

If you have hands post them up in the poker clinic and get feedback from others.

Ultimatly, it's a game you should enjoy and if you are not enjoying it then by all means take a break.

Shop about, see if your prefer it elsewhere on other sites, but for me Sky is the site I prefer playing on, it's not perfect by any manner of means, but is pretty decent and does the job.

Sorry to hear about your illness, get well soon!

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: time to quit 2:
    Hey Fliddy, Most poker players, 65% or even more don't win money at playing poker. There is things all players can do to improve and get better at the game. If you have hands post them up in the poker clinic and get feedback from others. Ultimatly, it's a game you should enjoy and if you are not enjoying it then by all means take a break. Shop about, see if your prefer it elsewhere on other sites, but for me Sky is the site I prefer playing on, it's not perfect by any manner of means, but is pretty decent and does the job. Sorry to hear about your illness, get well soon!    
    Posted by LARSON7
    +1 good post.

Although I'd say the % of losing players is probably closer to like 85%, which is why most people who play for fun shouldn't feel so bad about losing (as long as they can afford it)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: time to quit 2:
    In Response to Re: time to quit 2 : +1 good post. Although I'd say the % of losing players is probably closer to like 85%, which is why most people who play for fun shouldn't feel so bad about losing (as long as they can afford it)
    Posted by Lambert180
    How bad do you feel on a daily basis Paul? ;)

Getting nit picky but I'd say it's north of 90% across the board? Possibly 95% if you factor in players who break even there or thereabouts?
  • edited September 2014
    Sounds like you know yourself what the best thing to do is, you're just finding it really hard to actually do. I know where you're coming from though, it is hard if you've been playing a lot over a few months to not play for a few days, even if you know its for the best.

Maybe post on tomorrows show thread, just be honest about how you're feeling, they'll probably be able to give you as good as advice as anyone.