You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

should i have taken more risk myself?

edited September 2014 in The Poker Clinic
when the BB raised i coud see already she has got either AA-JJ or she is attempting to squeeze with AK AQ.
i make the call thinking i'll have position on here and maybe if the flop comes middle cards i could bluff a set by going all in and know i'll still have the A and possibly K as over cards.

when i had called the one thing i did forget was i had 2 callers in position to me and these were players i would have originally considered set mining or suited connector, so in another way playing it as described i could have lost lots of chip to a suited connector or middle pocket pair.
bolesAA Small blind   25.00 25.00 3250.00
bb Big blind   50.00 75.00 2245.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

nutsinho Fold        
craigcu12 Raise   150.00 225.00 7075.00
reg Call   150.00 375.00 4646.25
dicey1 Call   150.00 525.00 2250.00
bolesAA Fold        
bb Raise   350.00 875.00 1895.00
craigcu12 Call   250.00 1125.00 6825.00
reg All-in   4646.25 5771.25 0.00
dicey1 Fold        
bb All-in   1895.00 7666.25 0.00
craigcu12 Fold        
reg Unmatched bet   2501.25 5165.00 2501.25
bb Show
  • Q
  • Q

reg Show
  • A
  • K

Comments

• edited September 2014
    the MTT it's from is a bounty hunter
  • edited September 2014
    Personally i would be reraising the bb to a level pot committing them and hoping to isolate.

As played fold is fine. Why gamble with ak 3 handed at that stage of comp.
  • edited September 2014
    I'd make it 900, get it heads up. You're hands strong enough to take close to a flip versus her range (I cant work it out exactly, i'd guess 40%? versus JJ-AA. 2000 to win 5000?, seems about right when you factor in bounty equity and the fact its for less than a third of our stack.
  • edited September 2014
    i was happy enough with the fold myself, it's weather or not i should be taking a great risk 4betting rather than calling.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: should i have taken more risk myself?:
    i was happy enough with the fold myself, it's weather or not i should be taking a great risk 4betting rather than calling.
    Posted by craigcu12
    I think calling is the riskier play.

You are inviting a multiway pot with ak which is just yuk. You have also given up  the betting lead and left others behind the opportunity to raise behind and do what you should have done.

By raising you should be going heads up with a short stack which is an ideal situation to be in. Even more so with it being a bh. Races with dead chips in the middle versus a short stack are exactly the sort of risk you should be taking.

• edited September 2014
    You can pretty much completely rule out 'reg' and 'dicey1' having AA or KK after not 3betting so imo you should 4bet/GII no matter what the action behind. The stuff you see people get in pre in BHs on here regardless of stack depth, especially if a bounty is up for grabs, is insane.

vv rarely 'reg' might be sneaky and flat AA/KK but this is rare in itself and it's vvvvvvv unlikely that dicey1 would because he'll know he's already guaranteed to go 3way and in spots like this so often the whole table end up coming along which would be a nightmare. This is what I mean about putting people on ranges... If you do then you'll know that you're pretty much never gonna be worse than a flip (against the bigger stacks), lots of times we're a big favourite and we have fold equity on our side too.

Fwiw, calling with AK because you think you can jam and make them fold OPs is pretty bad. Good luck trying to make someone fold JJ+ on 279dd (or whatever) in a low stakes BH.