You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

time to quit 3

edited September 2014 in The Poker Clinic
ok so I been deciding what to do due to lack of enjoyment I have decided it not me it the site the total lack of enjoyment is due to the fact that I feel like I am being shafted 2 minutes ago in my last tournament pp 9s so I do 3x bb raise which gets massive reraise by idiot but im playing well have doubled my starting stack so I call flop is 3 9 10 rainbow I do small bet idiot goes all in such an easy call he may be on draw but hey ho he has aj all over no he now gets runner runner  for a str8.
how on earth can I enjoy playing when idiots are doing this and then winning which if you have seen recent posts this is happening all the time, yes it is poker , yes I wanted the call , but seriously my last 10 tournaments I have lost 8 with the best hand and not coin flips we talking runner runner needed

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Hi fliddy.

Few points in there...

1. I would suggest that calling a big reraise with 99 is a mistake.
    2. Post flop you hit big and got your money in good so wp there
    3. You got outdrawn - it happens - and sometimes it happens a lot.
    4. The better we play the more likely it is we exit a tourney with the best hand when the money goes in.
    5. Funny how in our minds hot streaks are only down to brilliant play and bad streaks are only down to luck - in truth both streaks are nearly always down to luck. The strength of our play only shows out over the long run.

My advice would be...

If possible don't get tilted. Definitely dont play when titled. Dont overplay your bankroll. Keep learning and improving and in the long run the profits will come.
  • edited September 2014
    PS You could try switching to a lower variance form of the game like HU/SNGs/DYMs?

Works for me.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to time to quit 3:
    ok so I been deciding what to do due to lack of enjoyment I have decided it not me it the site the total lack of enjoyment is due to the fact that I feel like I am being shafted 2 minutes ago in my last tournament pp 9s so I do 3x bb raise which gets massive reraise by idiot but im playing well have doubled my starting stack so I call flop is 3 9 10 rainbow I do small bet idiot goes all in such an easy call he may be on draw but hey ho he has aj all over no he now gets runner runner  for a str8. how on earth can I enjoy playing when idiots are doing this and then winning which if you have seen recent posts this is happening all the time, yes it is poker , yes I wanted the call , but seriously my last 10 tournaments I have lost 8 with the best hand and not coin flips we talking runner runner needed
    Posted by fliddyfish
    You will never improve with that mentality.