You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hello & Thanks.

edited September 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. 

I have been playing on SKY for about 3 weeks (Although I did register a few years back but only played a handful of games).
I normally grind away on another poker site but took a break from poker for a few months for reasons away from poker. A couple of mates asked me to go to Dusk Till Dawn for a weekend and I thought although I didn't fancy playing online it would be good to get away for a few days and play live. Anyway it was the week before some big SKY event and all the posters and banners were up.. and for some reason that prompted me to rejoin Sky when I got back home, thinking I would look for satellites to future events. There were none on at the time, (although I now see the Pinta Cana one - Put me down for some of that!!.) so I thought I would give the Sunday super roller a go. I ran good and came 2nd. 

I've had a few more successes since on here and what I have found really good and REALLY different to where I normally play is the support/ good banter/advice etc I have received from so many of you. Although I have plenty of mates (honest).. I don't have many that are into poker, apart from the two I mentioned above and my online poker playing has been a bit of a lonely affair. The grinding had become just that..a grind..I had stopped enjoying it. 

The other night I got close to a jackpot and I was amazed at the railing I was getting, so thanks to all those that did and thanks for the congrats etc from others.  

It might seem obvious that I am enjoying online poker again, given that I am on a hot streak, but I was profitable before I took a break and really was losing the enjoyment factor. So given all of the above AND the fact that I have had a few mentions on th TV from people I have watched and admired for years..Tikay, Rylan Skittles and Rich Orford, I have had a great couple of weeks and look forward to being part of the community and meeting a few of you at the next live event.

*I am fully aware of varience and it's ups and downs and realise I am on an up, but I'm not just a sing when your winning type..I support Leeds so there's testament to that! and I hope to continue posting & playing on here during the ups and downs.

I hope that all doesn't seem too self absorbed, but as the title says: Hello & Thanks!

ps Pinta Cana was not a typo..proper spelling gets filtered! can't think of owt it would sound like to cause offence..oh hang on.. 

Comments

• edited September 2014
  • edited September 2014

Great to see you here Andy, & I hope your run of form continues, you seem to be a proper gent.

PS - I feel quite honoured about.......

"...Anyway it was the week before some big SKY event and all the posters and banners were up at DTD....."

They were, so to speak, "my banners", all part of the minutiea of helping organise those Live Events, so I'm pleased they attracted at least one new (or re-activated) Client.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Hello & Thanks.:
    Great to see you here Andy, & I hope your run of form continues, you seem to be a proper gent. PS - I feel quite honoured about....... "...Anyway it was the week before some big SKY event and all the posters and banners were up at DTD....." They were, so to speak, "my banners", all part of the minutiea of helping organise those Live Events, so I'm pleased they attracted at least one new (or re-activated) Client.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Jeezo, Tikay.

You'll take credit for anything ;)

Good to have you here, Huxtable.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Hello & Thanks. : Jeezo, Tikay. You'll take credit for anything ;) Good to have you here, Huxtable.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Not wrong, though it only goes to show that I only get delegated the minor tasks these days. 

It's quite an interesting thing (to me) actually. Those banners cost a lot of money, & I had to get approval for that cost from Upstairs.

I'd love to be able to tell the backstory of how the Sky Poker UKPC Events come together, all the bits & pieces that need sorting with various parties, & who pays for them.

The "Feature Table" was a case in point. Both DTD & Sky Poker wanted their logos prominently featured on them, so it would look good on Sky Sports TV.

So we to & fro'd for some time, trying to agree the respective logo sizes & positioning, with each party (DTD & Sky Poker) obviously wanting the best (or "not worst") position.

The logos also had to be ASA friendly, too, or the show could not be transmitted on Sky Sports, so that limits their size etc.   

I'm not exactly sure, but I think there were in excess of 40 e-Mails back & forth to negotiate the size & position of the two logos. We never fell out, or even had a cross word, but it was quite a thing to get sorted.

Same with those Banners - we wanted them up well in advance, during OTHER third party Events at DTD. Perfect advertising for us. Took a bit of negotiating though, as you can imagine.

Then there were the Bracelets & Trophy. Who pays for them, etc?

I don't do "exciting" stuff, but yes, I'm quite proud of my little role in those things. Water carrier & sandwich fetcher is what I do these days. Being old sucks, but you have to accept it.

• edited September 2014
    well done Hux on your recent wins. I have shared a table with you a few times. You seem like a top man with a great attitude. 
    Fingers crossed your recent success continues. 
    All the best x 
  • edited September 2014
    Welcome Hux, for once I didn't mind losing heads up in the mini to you, I really wanted you to win the £5k.

Look forward to seeimg you on the tables

Ian
  • edited September 2014

Welcome The_Hux, enjoy your run, it's rather impressive
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Hello & Thanks. : Not wrong, though it only goes to show that I only get delegated the minor tasks these days.  It's quite an interesting thing (to me) actually. Those banners cost a lot of money, & I had to get approval for that cost from Upstairs. I'd love to be able to tell the backstory of how the Sky Poker UKPC Events come together, all the bits & pieces that need sorting with various parties, & who pays for them. The "Feature Table" was a case in point. Both DTD & Sky Poker wanted their logos prominently featured on them, so it would look good on Sky Sports TV.   So we to & fro'd for some time, trying to agree the respective logo sizes & positioning, with each party (DTD & Sky Poker) obviously wanting the best (or "not worst") position. The logos also had to be ASA friendly, too, or the show could not be transmitted on Sky Sports, so that limits their size etc.      I'm not exactly sure, but I think there were in excess of 40 e-Mails back & forth to negotiate the size & position of the two logos. We never fell out, or even had a cross word, but it was quite a thing to get sorted. Same with those Banners - we wanted them up well in advance, during OTHER third party Events at DTD. Perfect advertising for us. Took a bit of negotiating though, as you can imagine. Then there were the Bracelets & Trophy. Who pays for them, etc?   I don't do "exciting" stuff, but yes, I'm quite proud of my little role in those things. Water carrier & sandwich fetcher is what I do these days. Being old sucks, but you have to accept it.       
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sigh.

I should've known that would set him off ;)