You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bs tournaments day one.

edited September 2014 in The Poker Clinic
so I decided to keep track of the the bs hand that knocks me out of every tournament at this site amazingly it was last 3 sb vs my bb
so I get raised but call with 67 the sb raised lots so not the bad call flop 
8 9 10
woo hoo I thought but then we all know this is sky he bet  I raised about 3rd of remainder he called turn
2 no flush draws pot is bbig enough now to put me in 1st so I all in
and the big stack lalls. was I playing dead he have trips no he called a crippling all in with kj
and of course the 7 outer came .
so day ones lesson is play like a donk and hope cos proper play gets u nowhere.

I say day one no doubt I will play again later unless the bad luck continues and I get hit by a meteor better odds than im getting in tournaments hahaha

ps if in fact I do feel that I have received luck ie my all in with jj against kk it will be posted
pps if in fact I do find rocking horse poo I will also post that (more likely)

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Hi Fliddy

You have posted numerous threads saying you quit in the last couple of days.

Common theme of your threads seem to be you don't like the site and are constantly getting dealt bad beats.

People have offered you advice which you seemed to disregard.

Totally up to yourself keep posting as per your one above, I had a bad beat etc etc, this site is so bad.

Completely up to yourself, but really do they achieve anything?

If I was you, why don't you try and make  positive posts and if you ask for help people will offer it.

Constant moaning threads will just receive negative responses.

Up to yourself,

Good luck!
  • edited September 2014
    Your use of italics, fliddy, is refreshing. I appreciate that you have tried to do something a little different. However, while it does draw the eye and peak the interest, it is unfortunately the most redeeming feature of your post.

So, in short, what the guy above me said.
  • edited September 2014
    Bs tourney,never heard of it,is it a freeroll,enquiring mind wants tae know.
  • edited September 2014
    76 not a good hand to call pre, why bother with it?

Your problem is you justify your play this blocking yourself from advise.

Look at it this way, you was behind, went ahead on flop and gave odds for them to call on turn fairly cheap, heis committed so calls with 7 outs and gets there. 

So in short, bad call pre, nice flop but could be drawing dead, as played ul on river 

Keep the non interesting posts coming 
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to bs tournaments day one.:
    so I decided to keep track of the the bs hand that knocks me out of every tournament at this site amazingly it was last 3 sb vs my bb so I get raised but call with 67 the sb raised lots so not the bad call flop  8 9 10 woo hoo I thought but then we all know this is sky he bet  I raised about 3rd of remainder he called turn 2 no flush draws pot is bbig enough now to put me in 1st so I all in and the big stack lalls. was I playing dead he have trips no he called a crippling all in with kj and of course the 7 outer came . so day ones lesson is play like a donk and hope cos proper play gets u nowhere. I say day one no doubt I will play again later unless the bad luck continues and I get hit by a meteor better odds than im getting in tournaments hahaha ps if in fact I do feel that I have received luck ie my all in with jj against kk it will be posted pps if in fact I do find rocking horse poo I will also post that (more likely)
    Posted by fliddyfish
    I'm guessing the first part of this clause is supposed to represent you, because your description certainly shows that you ain't exhibited 'proper play' in this hand.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: bs tournaments day one.:
    Your use of italics , fliddy, is refreshing. I appreciate that you have tried to do something a little different. However, while it does draw the eye and peak the interest, it is unfortunately the most redeeming feature of your post. So, in short, what the guy above me said.
    Posted by Slipwater

*pique

having read many of your post I know you won't mind me pointing out a grammatical error.....unless of course it was some obscure reference to a bank account atop a mountain.......

;-)))
  • edited September 2014

Fiddy you're going to go mad keeping threads like this. 

You're beaten before you even start. 
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: bs tournaments day one.:
    In Response to  Re: bs tournaments day one. : *pique having read many of your post I know you won't mind me pointing out a grammatical error.....unless of course it was some obscure reference to a bank account atop a mountain....... ;-)))
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Sigh.

I knew the formal spelling was indeed 'pique', but I thought, colloquially, you could say also use 'peak'... but alas, after some research that doesn't seem to be the case.

I should say that writer's often bend the rules, et al, but instead It's probalby easier to shrug and admit it!

Of course, even Dickens got stuff wrong once in a while ;)

Well played.
  • edited September 2014
    Should you not be asking yourself why you were involved in the hand to start with? calling a raise pre flop with 76 doesn't sound like proper play to me?

If the cards were reversed and you went all in with KJ and got beat by 76, would you blame this site? The best hand won.
  • edited September 2014
    Should you not be asking yourself why you were involved in the hand to start with? calling a raise pre flop with 76 doesn't sound like proper play to me? If the cards were reversed and you went all in with KJ and got beat by 76, would you blame this site? The best hand won.
    Posted by Mlg90
    Going out on a limb here, but I don't think OP is the type of guy to question himself. He was right, in every hand he plays, and the site just continually fecks him over.

Bless him.
  • edited September 2014
    I think you are being unfair guys.

For all you know this player could be a multi millionaire.

Apparently there are a few around who just get sucked out on when they switch to sky.
  • edited September 2014
    I think you are being unfair guys. For all you know this player could be a multi millionaire. Apparently there are a few around who just get sucked out on when they switch to sky.
    Posted by Phantom66
    True dat.
  • edited September 2014
    Fiddy you're going to go mad keeping threads like this.  You're beaten before you even start. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Ain't that the truth.

The frustrating thing is that there are hundreds of good players on this community who would & could help the OP imrove his game, & approach to it, & help him become a better player, but I fear he is on transmit & not receive. 

If he ever wants some help to improve, many of us would spend good time doing so.  

Just say the word fliddy, & you'll get a TON of help.
  • edited September 2014
    Exactly ^^

There are loads of people who can offer advice, from guys who crush the mains every night to people who consistently cash in cheap deepstacks and BH's.

If you were to put up some hands, I'd happily chuck my thoughts into the ring. Hurry up though yeah, I leave the country in under 2 weeks :)