You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tuesday Night TV- the Sky Poker Live Show with Rich, Ryan, Barry Carter and Jared Tendler ***plus Tu

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Last longer plz :)

Quick tilt question - What can one do to avoid "life tilt" havng a knock on effect on poker?
  • edited September 2014
  • edited September 2014
    Last Longer please

• edited September 2014
    Last longer please Rich

My Question.........
    Can I have a copy of "The Mental Game of Poker"?
    (I read the small print in your OP so i'm confident that qualifies - so stick me in the hat Rich :)

A proper question for Barry and Jared now though just incase you're being Mr. Grumpy Tonight.........

If you had to summarise the most important aspects of the book "The Mental Game of Poker" in 4 short phrases, what would they be?

• edited September 2014
    Last longer please.
  • edited September 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited September 2014
    last longer pls
  • edited September 2014
    last longer please
  • edited September 2014
    the thing that seems to tilt me the most is the the limpers of the mid and later stages of an MTT.
    as the blinds are increasing i'll be wanting to steal the blinds at the same time i want to be able to defend my own blinds, the problem with limpers is they still have a wide range.
    sometimes i end up loosing lots of chips.

what is the best way to handle these limpers?
  • edited September 2014
    last longer please. 
  • edited September 2014
    a question about the book itself
    How long did it take to actually write the book?
  • edited September 2014
    How about the "Hoodie tilt"
    So in an irritated voice say
    " So just why are sitting there with your Hood up? It's not going to rain and even it did we are inside a building, therefore wind chill is not a factor either, so why are you wearing a coat indoors anyway? Have you youngsters no social graces or just afraid we will see your cards reflected of your acne"
  • edited September 2014
    Evening chaps.

Question for Barry/Jared - Any tips for dealing with the tilt induced by a live stream not working while you're trying to watch a show for advice on tilt?  ;)

Question just for Jared - How much poker do/have you played since branching out your techniques to poker? Any big results or just a memorable one (like the first MTT you ever won) ?
  • edited September 2014
    In for the last longer please xx
  • edited September 2014
    How much do reckon a signed book would be on Fleabay?

Only kidding :-)
  • edited September 2014
    Last longer please 
  • edited September 2014
    Last Longer please
  • edited September 2014
    Hey guys how's it going?

I read a few chapters of the first book before it grew mould and remember reading about a warm-up before you start playing to help focus. I really struggle with focus and was just wondering if you could recommend any techniques you find help best? 

Also drinking alcohol whilst playing (not getting michael mcyntyred, but a casual few), do you find this can help with bad decisions or just entises more.. I find it helps me become a bit more confident in the short run, but over the long run not sure if it is a benefit?

Finally, I did have the book untill I left it in a bag with a mouldy sandwich and now it's ruined.. so would love to be in the draw for a replacement. Thanks!
  • edited September 2014

We have got sky - footy on in background watching and listening to stream.

Trying to avoid tilt as just gone out of turbo open

Not a bad beat story as such but did get outdrawn. Was the shove correct?

Hand id 818015195

• edited September 2014
    Good evening gents... I played cash poker in the Dominican Republic when I went there on holiday last month, at a place called ocean world. Lets just say it pays to be aggressive there due to it being a poor country etc... I don't see the point in wearing a hat or shades at the table, it just looks silly! I do take my time though and occasionally stall and past 4-6am I like to hold the game up and frustrate the other players cause then they seem to make mistakes. I also enjoy speech play and make them think I have certain hands etc... do you guys agree with these tactics? 
  • edited September 2014
    Hi guys
    I do have major tilt but its mainly when I lose to bad play e.g when someone calls your 4 bet raise when they only have limped into a pot with 9bb Etc. with 56os v my qq just to see a flop then outdraw me
    thx a lot keith

sunnyhil03
  • edited September 2014
    hand request please from tonights main event

did i need to go so big on the turn or could i have stayed weak knowing i'm not likely to get called?
  • edited September 2014
    Ask Barry when is he going to finish writing one of the gambling books he often blogs about
  • edited September 2014
    where the tilt comes in is i can get results orientated.

"knew he had it"
    "why didn't he raise to start with"
  • edited September 2014
    also if it happens in cash i sometimes become a maniac because they do fold so many other hands that were called preflop.
  • edited September 2014
      I keep my bankroll off line withdrawing at end of each sesh, and depositing prior to each session..depending on the games I intend to play..One of my tilt issues is sometimes not handling losing sessions. I know they are inevitable, but  sometimes I spit my dummy out, go to my account withdraw my balance and set my deposit limit to zero for 24 hours, to stop myself being tempted from trying to chase it back. In one way it guards against me blowing money however on the other hand like tonight.. I wanted to play the main & mini event and did'nt have enough in my account to join the mini although I was totally over the previous sesh by then.
    So basically what i'm doing to save myself from tilt on the night is affecting my chances the next day, when I an totally over it..
    Any thoughts?

This might be a bit confusing to read out..if so I will post it on the well thread. 

Very interesting and helful discussions on the show tonight, really enjoying it.

Didn't enjoy going out of the main with my jj all in pre got snapped & outdrawn by jqo!!! it's frekin' rigged I tell ya!! Where are my boots?? & where is that freakin' cat!!! I hate you all!!! I don't get titled by the way.

• edited September 2014
    Question for Jared and Barry,

Interested you mentioned your own tilt taking the form of becoming passive, I find this fits my profile, too passive then i eventually make some crazy move.

How do you go about combating this 'fear tilt'?
  • edited September 2014
    What sort of tilte would u call this? i get there anoyed with bad etiquette, and happend in a multiday live torney. he slowroled me on the end when he had the nuts and had seconed nuts. i then proced and donk all my chips of over the next round of hands. this is something i need to work on any advice.
  • edited September 2014
    Good evening Mr Orford, Mr Spittles and Mr Carter.
    Read and enjoyed your first book and still use it like a reference book.
    I play low stakes tournaments and watch a lot of the bigger tournaments, and i find more low stakes players get abusive in the chatbox, i put this down to the money is more crucial to them or is it that the bigger tournament players understand variance?
    I would also like to invite you to play in the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack tournament.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited September 2014
    Hi guys,

Here's a HH from Mastercash...

Should we check/call our entire range on this flop to avoid the awkward spots of having to check/fold most turns?

Hand History #813335168 (20:10 02/09/2014)