You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AQo line check 1

edited September 2014 in Cash Strategy
I don't recall playing oppo before, but had a note from ages back that he can get spazzy pre and gii with any low PP.

Is the sizing of £2.20 sufficient pre?

Should I auto bet this flop? (FWIW I was trying to feign weakness on the basis that AA/KK/AK is likely to be perceived as a big part of my range and the check may suggest I have QQ/JJ/random squeeze that was scared of the overs...)

Once I check the flop, should I be checking this turn? (to continue my story from flop, if nothing else)

Are there enough worse hands that would shove my bet that make it an auto-call on the turn? 
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
shakinaces Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £21.20
...Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £19.80
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

oppoRaise  £0.60 £0.90 £12.53
xxxCall  £0.60 £1.50 £56.17
...Fold     
shakinaces Raise  £2.10 £3.60 £19.10
...Fold     
oppoCall  £1.60 £5.20 £10.93
xxxCall  £1.60 £6.80 £54.57
Flop

• K
  • A

shakinaces Check     
oppoCheck     
xxxCheck     
Turn

• K

shakinaces Bet  £3.40 £10.20 £15.70
oppoAll-in  £10.93 £21.13 £0.00
xxxFold     
shakinaces ???   

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Pre - Would go slightly bigger with the squeeze, around £2.60.

Flop - Would bet personally. Can get value from weaker Ax + draws. Got no problem with checking if you think either of the villains are going to over attack your perceived weakness though...

Turn - Now that you have checked flop, I'd definitely c/c turn.

River - I'd fold. Can't really see the short stack having any bluffs here. I would assume they would just shovel it in on the flop if they had a FD. You would be better placed to decide if they are the type to just shove any Ax here?

• edited September 2014

Gotta bet this flop. 

£3ish

As played ott, if you're betting I think your sizing is too big even at half pot, we're looking for pretty thin value now. 

@Chris, there is no river :/
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: AQo line check 1:
    Gotta bet this flop.  £3ish As played ott, if you're betting I think your sizing is too big even at half pot, we're looking for pretty thin value now.  @Chris, there is no river :/
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Dohhhhhhh!

River comments are about the turn as played.

Too much grinding, not enough sleeping :)