You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Faster Structured Tournaments and Sit and Gos

edited September 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi everybody,

We've had a few mentions recently about the structure of our Sit and Gos, and were wondering what your thoughts would be on a introducing new Hyper Tournament or Sit and Go variations such as:

Hyper Six Max and Double Your Money SNGs - Start with only 20 big blinds and 2 minute blinds.

Hyper Freezout/Bounty Hunter MTTs - Start 40 big blinds deep with 3 minute blinds but with a more shallow payout.

Any other ideas, let us know.

Sky Peter.

Comments

• edited September 2014

Hi 

Part of this was prompted by people suggesting that they might like to play faster and fun games on their mobile on tablet, say for 5-15mins, rather than 30-40mins for a Sit & Go and say an hour for tournaments vs (what could be) hours.

Obviously, there's considerations on the impact on other games as just adding more and more formats might dilute the other games. However, there is a demand for these games from some people.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Sure people will have different views and there's not necessarily a right and wrong answer so let's discuss.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited September 2014

If hyper SNGs generated volume I would definitely give them a go.

I normally operate under a self delusion that I have an edge at 6max SNGs so playing hypers would not normally make sense. 

With a promotion it would generate traffic in the short term - I would hope some action junkies would stick with it and keep volume in the SNG lobbies.

Definitely worth a try.

GL.

• edited September 2014
    Hello peter.

I agree that a more diverse range of Sng's is needed. My only point that i would make is that of DYM's. Alot of people enter them because they are a low variance way of building a bankroll. Bringing in new hyper DYM's would obviolsy change the variance dramatically. I obviosly dont speak for everyone so by all means give them a go, but from a personal point of view i would be steering clear of the hyper format DYM's. What i would like to see would be multi-table SNG's. Say 18, 27 or even 45 player SNG's.

Stuart
  • edited September 2014

Unless sky are willing to alter their rake structure to take into the account the fast paced nature of these games, then they will be unbeatable for players. (There have been multiple threads lately about why this is bad for players and therefore the site)

But I'm sure they will still be immensely popular, as turbo and hyper turbos are on here and all online poker sites.

Green light for go!

• edited September 2014
    Yes definitely need to significantly reduce the rake on them, if that is the case then i think they would be a great introduction
  • edited September 2014

Hi - related to this, we have a poll here
  • edited September 2014
    If rake was reduced to 5% then the hypers would be a great addition but like Doohhhh stated, the rake is just far to high.
  • edited September 2014
    Rake would be unbeatable at current / proposed level.

I enjoy 6max hyper sngs. Wouldnt play them here unless rake was competetive.

• edited September 2014
    The turbo dyms at the min are really like hyper ones.

Wouldbe good to see the chip stacks changed from 1000 to 2000 and the hyper ones 1000. 
  • edited September 2014
    As all hypers are less rake than dyms and 6 max then if u make hyper 6 max and dym hypers i presume the rake will be the same as the other hypers .................some how i dont think this will happen, so dont see the point rake will be to high for this format.
  • edited September 2014

My only concern would be that it spreads the liquidity wider, & so would impact on the currently very busy DYM traffic.

We are all different of course, but I need a minimum of 4 Tables on the go to sustain my concentration & interest, & if there were not enough traffic remaining in the traditional ones to do that, I'd not play them at all.

• edited September 2014
    Second Tikay comment