You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Max Silver TV exit.

edited September 2014 in Poker Chat
Anyone who has just watched the broadcast on C4 will know the hand.

It's the PCA final table bubble so pretty massive. Silver open shoves the turn with Ad4d on a KJQxdd board, so nut flush and broadway gutshot. Gets called by K10. But alas the gutshot isn't live as all the 10's have gone. Before the river is even dealt, the guys who had the 10's inform him that they had folded them.

Is that pretty poor form from them to say what they had folded before the river is revealed? All well and good saying once the hand is done and dusted (''unlucky there, but you were drawing pretty thin as I folded 1010'' etc), but to say it when he still thinks he has 3 more outs than he actually has?

It doesn't break any rules that I'm aware of, but poor etiquette? Silver didn't seem too bothered, but he does come across as a gentleman. I like to think he busted his TV in his hotel room :)

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Think its pretty bad. If I ever revealed I folded an out then it would be after the hand.
  • edited September 2014
    If it was me I'd prefer they said. Rather the disappointment came in two small steps rather than one big one. Plus the feeling of joy when I hit would be bigger.

Worse if it was the other way round like on HSP when Daniel Negreanu got it in versus a club flush draw and Durr said 'I'm pretty sure I folded the 56 of clubs' then it came the 5 of clubs on the river. That might p iss me off a bit. 
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Max Silver TV exit.:
    If it was me I'd prefer they said. Rather the disappointment came in two small steps rather than one big one. Plus the feeling of joy when I hit would be bigger. Worse if it was the other way round like on HSP when Daniel Negreanu got it in versus a club flush draw and Durr said 'I'm pretty sure I folded the 56 of clubs' then it came the 5 of clubs on the river. That might p iss me off a bit. 
    Posted by seanallen
    You're at home, really hungry and an empty fridge, and a mate rings up saying 'come round, we have meat feast and pepperoni pizzas'.

So of course you have to go for it. You pop over, enter the living room only to discover there was meat feast pizza, but in the time it took to walk over it had been eaten. As had the pepperoni one, save for a tiny cold slice.

The pizza's are the 10's. In this example ^^^, I'd want to know that my dreams had been crushed before I got there.

In the Max Silver hand, I think I'd prefer to still have the hope of hitting a straight along with the flush draw.

FWIW, the cold tiny slice of pepperoni represents the flush outs he had.

I've not even had a sip of beer tonight.
  • edited September 2014
    Or perhaps this is better.

You go round under the premise that there is meat feast pizza and chicken wings. Now, you're a big fan of both because they compliment each other so well. When you get there however, all the wings are gone. You went round because there was wings and pizza. If you'd been told beforehand that the wings would have disappeared by the time you make it round, it might have influenced your decision to head over or not.

I think I'm jet lagged.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Max Silver TV exit.:
    Anyone who has just watched the broadcast on C4 will know the hand. It's the PCA final table bubble so pretty massive. Silver open shoves the turn with Ad4d on a KJQxdd board, so nut flush and broadway gutshot. Gets called by K10. But alas the gutshot isn't live as all the 10's have gone. Before the river is even dealt, the guys who had the 10's inform him that they had folded them. Is that pretty poor form from them to say what they had folded before the river is revealed? All well and good saying once the hand is done and dusted (''unlucky there, but you were drawing pretty thin as I folded 1010'' etc), but to say it when he still thinks he has 3 more outs than he actually has? It doesn't break any rules that I'm aware of, but poor etiquette? Silver didn't seem too bothered, but he does come across as a gentleman. I like to think he busted his TV in his hotel room :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    It's pretty bad form really, & deemed to be a gross etiquette fail.

I cannot imagine any even half intelligent or caring player would ever do it, but yes, I've seen a few appendages do it. I think the internet has blunted some people's social skills, to be honest.

• edited September 2014
    .. and I stopped watching my recording this morning just after Max said he could go on to win this one
    DOH

• edited September 2014
    Just watched the episode, I thought it was poor form to mention it, but even worse to do it with the sly grin on his face and the tone he did it was one of almost "yay final table" joy. Very very poor.