You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Top 2 on draw heavy board

That is such a difficult one to judge. The half pot bet from them is perfect in this situation. I'd be tempted to make the call and see what the river holds, obviously it's possible it could bring another club and and your hand would look dead and buried but of course you could be in front at the time with whats out. Also possible that he's also been dealt AJ.

So what did you end up doing? I'm intrigued.

Comments

• edited July 2009

Firstly my apologies for the HH not looking too good, tried copying it over from my HH page but it didn't seem to work. If rubes is around could you tell me how to copy over the HH in the format you were able to?

Villain has been fairly solid and seems to be running pretty sick hot in this session (already up to over £120 on what i'd assume to be a £30 buy-in). He is capable of being a little unorthodox from time to time though. I started the hand with £27

6-Seater Table 0.15p/0.30p

Dealt to Hero on Button: AsJs 
    Pre-Flop: Villain calls .30, 2 folds, Hero raises to £1.50, SB calls 1.35, 1 fold, Villain calls £1.20

Flop (£4.80): 4c5sJc
    SB checks, Villain checks, Hero bets £3, 1 fold, Villain raises to £8.40, Hero calls £5.40

Turn (£21.60): Ac
    Villain bets £10.80, Hero ??????

Are we ever good here?

• edited July 2009

Depends how much value you place on his turn bet. Is it aggressive or defensive? He bet out half the pot when the A hit: is he representing the A, or the flush, or is he scared that you will bet out and take the pot off him? His half-pot bet is surely the minimum he can make to stop your bet which would take him off the hand.

Up to this point, his play is consistent with many holdings including stuff like 67 suited (any suit), KsJs or even JQ.

On a personal level, I try not to let every card that hits the board scare me. So there's no way I would be throwing my two pair away here with so many uncertainties, 3/1 for my bet and outs if needed.

• edited July 2009
    Interesting.  I wouldnt be overly worried about the flush, as the way he`s played it is a high risk venture being out of position.

If he is solid like you say he prob raises AK, AQ pre.

I wouldnt be surprised to see 44 or 55 here.
  • edited July 2009
    Edited OP as I forgot to post my stack at the start of the hand.

When I call the flop check-raise I am left with £17.34, which is less than a pot-size bet, making the turn fold/all-in. Knowing that, does our flop play change at all? (Granted I didn't think about this at the time, but it's something thats come to my attention whilst thinking the hand over)

Thanks for your thoughts so far, i'll post results tonight.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Top 2 on draw heavy board:
    Edited OP as I forgot to post my stack at the start of the hand. When I call the flop check-raise I am left with £17.34, which is less than a pot-size bet, making the turn fold/all-in. Knowing that, does our flop play change at all? Posted by YoungUn
    I think this makes the turn play irrelevant. It's a shove/fold to the CR on the flop, with a shove coming out way ahead.
  • edited July 2009
    meh cr*ppy spot, too heavily player dependant. I would probably call but hate myself for it.
  • edited July 2009

interested on your thinking on calling his very strong check raise, he raised a little more then the pot. What did you put him on this stage?
    Strong possibility of a set, a bit overplayed for the flush draw imo, we could place him on AA, KK, or QQ at this stage and hes check raised so much to protect his hand from the flush.
    His bet on the turn is more difficult to decipher, is he tryin to get all hands but the flush to fold? or does he have the flush himself?

We rule out the call here, you either put it all in or fold, I think I fold here but this is without playing against the villain.

• edited July 2009
    Result as promised:
    Turn

• A

Bergman Bet  £10.80 £32.40 £110.45
    YoungUn All-in  £17.34 £49.74 £0.00
    Bergman Call  £6.54 £56.28 £103.91
    River

Bergman Show

YoungUn Muck
    • A
    • J