You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bs tournament event 4

edited September 2014 in The Poker Clinic
 well started ok middle was ok managed 3 bounties then we get to last  2 tables basically I may as well sit out for an hour, best hand was a7 suited and even that was raised preflop so from going to joint leader I went to equal 5 with 8 left tup6 get paid.
and then I know what is coming it happens every time there is no doubt in my mind that it must be more than coincidental I am now down from 16k to 10k by doing nothing and the other table has 3 players over 20k,so to me there is no point piddling about trying to come 6th and win £10 so eventualyl after being raised preflop and I have q9 suited flop is q high so I wait for his big bet which comes so I all in he has q10 pfft ( now amazingly if this was other way round I still would expect to get beat) but his 10 holds up couldn't even be lucky and get a split pot
so 3 bounties 2 hours past and again a feeling of being let down.

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Do you want help or not?
  • edited September 2014
    Please stop posting unless you would like help

PS - again you said you layed no hands cause got no cards?  This seems like a massive gap in your game

Want help ask
  • edited September 2014
    This is the POKER CLINIC

If you want to rant about bad beats there is a BRAGS BEATS AND VARIANCE section

If you want to just tell us what tourneys you have played and how you did create a diary in the POKER CHAT section

If you want to get advice on hands then the POKER CLINIC is the right place - post your hands - give some situational context and interract with the forum who will be happy to advise how they would have played and why.

RE this tourney when the blinds go up and the cards go dead you have to get involved somewhere - who on the table do you think you can win some chips off without a hand. Especially with position can you raise and take the blinds? Are there still limp callers playing who you can raise and c/bet against? etc etc.

.... I promise to answer any genuine request for help (if I read it and think I can add to whatever else has been written - which isnt often)

• edited September 2014
    In Response to bs tournament event 4:
     well started ok middle was ok managed 3 bounties then we get to last  2 tables basically I may as well sit out for an hour, best hand was a7 suited and even that was raised preflop so from going to joint leader I went to equal 5 with 8 left tup6 get paid. and then I know what is coming it happens every time there is no doubt in my mind that it must be more than coincidental I am now down from 16k to 10k by doing nothing and the other table has 3 players over 20k,so to me there is no point piddling about trying to come 6th and win £10 so eventualyl after being raised preflop and I have q9 suited flop is q high so I wait for his big bet which comes so I all in he has q10 pfft ( now amazingly if this was other way round I still would expect to get beat) but his 10 holds up couldn't even be lucky and get a split pot so 3 bounties 2 hours past and again a feeling of being let down.
    Posted by fliddyfish

I've seen your many threads, very vague. Like others have said, contain detail and ask for help and the sky community is great. You will probably improve your game no end.

In this instance, like phantom said, you have to get involved sometime. In this case you have chose to get involved facing a raise with Q high. Would it not be better to open shove a bare ace in an unraised/unopened pot? Pick up some blinds if nothing else. Just my little piece of advice.

Contain proper details and you may get some decent advice you can use :)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: bs tournament event 4:
    Mods?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    It's times like this I wish I could remember my old mod account credentials, and hope they're still live, just to save you all...