You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bs tournament event 5

edited September 2014 in The Poker Clinic

well this one wasn't boring it only lasted 10 minutes the low stack all inned  2 callers myself and the idiot 3 8 9 flop my pp 10s looking good so I all in especially as the idiot has 9 10who calls  and the all in  was q4 .then the turn comes 9 and river q

so after being way in from getting a bounty and more than doubling up, I vame last and am now out
so wonderful 2 outer this time kills me
strangely I feel rather apathetic about this tournament yeah it was a bad beat but nothing worse than ive seen beforeand at least they knocked me out early rather than bubble time.
ssdd

Comments

• edited September 2014
    I have no idea how the hand panned out, but I'd be re raising with 1010 to isolate the short stack all in.

No idea why I'm even responding, you really don't deserve any help.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to bs tournament event 5:
    well this one wasn't boring it only lasted 10 minutes the low stack all inned  2 callers myself and the idiot 3 8 9 flop my pp 10s looking good so I all in especially as the idiot has 9 10who calls  and the all in  was q4 .then the turn comes 9 and river q so after being way in from getting a bounty and more than doubling up, I vame last and am now out so wonderful 2 outer this time kills me strangely I feel rather apathetic about this tournament yeah it was a bad beat but nothing worse than ive seen beforeand at least they knocked me out early rather than bubble time. ssdd
    Posted by fliddyfish
    This hand definitely involved an idiot
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: bs tournament event 5:
    In Response to bs tournament event 5 : This hand definitely involved an idiot
    Posted by Jac35
    Think it involves more than 1 ;)
  • edited September 2014
    Extract from a previous post of yours Mr Fishy

"ok since my last post about my constant losing and wondering if it time to pack in I just been messing around not bothered about plying just occasionally playing the odd game but I have been paying attention"

1st point = Correct

2nd point = Fail
  • edited September 2014
    Why on Earth would you just call with 10 10, if this is a bounty hunter you have to expect people behind you to call light (icm is increased if you include the bounty), you need to raise or shove to isolate the shorty......at very least you then only take a dent to your stack when he hits trips and the q4 isn't even in the hand (if he does come along there is nothing you can do as he is now priced in, but at least you have played the hand correctly) IMO.

I don't think you have actually paid attention to any of the advice given to you on previous threads.

I have learned loads from people on these forums, all advice given freely without prejudice. Its invaluable if you want to keep improving and enjoying the game.