You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Night Live with Fowler and Teakles 7pm CH861 and online ****official show thread****

edited September 2014 in Poker Chat

Anna. 

Please don't call me "Teakles".

I don't like it. I hope I make myself clear.

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Hey hey,

I am freshly tanned and rested from my hols, lucky me! What have I missed? It's the  first day back at work with you guys tonight, and I have 5 hours of Tikay time tonight. We will be watching the 

7-8pm    Mastercash/ft of the Sky Sports Bounty Hunter.

8-10pm   Live Coverage of the 15k Super Roller

10-midnight  Coverage of the Punta Cana Semi Final with 5 seats guaranteed into the final on the 19th October. Check it out here:

How amazing is that promotion!? Combining holidays and poker!

With this in mind, how about a little competition to win a seat into the Punta Cana Quarter Final on Monday....

What 3 essential items would you be packing in your suitcase if you were off to Punta Cana, including one poker item.....

Best answer will win!

As always we welcome your input, questions, hand IDs. Ways to get in touch:

skyopen@bskyb.com

#skypokertv

Good luck in tonight's main event, let us know if you satellite in for cheap!

That's all for now,

A and T xx

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live with Fowler and Teakles 7pm CH861 and online ****official show thread****:
    Anna.  Please don't call me "Teakles". I don't like it. I hope I make myself clear.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I looked up the definition of "A. Fowler"

Apparently, according to the urban dictionary, a fowler is:

One that displays highly pretentious, demeaning and abusive behaviours when interacting with people they believe are inferior. A fowler will talk ad nauseum about their Mensa-esque IQ but exhibit catastrophically low social skills, even on TV or in front of their own children.

I will let you run with that one, Tikay ;)
  • edited September 2014
    Evening Anna & Tikay!! Looking forward to a good show tonight!! To be honest though After a massively dissapointing afternoon infront of the box watching the football you guys are going to be fantastic viewing no matter what show you put on!
    My three items are as follows.... 1)Yorkshire tea bags, love going on holiday but foreigners never seem to be able to make a proper brew. 2) My own headphones because one you dont have to pay over the top for a pair on the plane and second you wont have to listen to the constant crying of the baby in the seat behind you(there's one on every flight). 3) Tikay for his top notch poker advice!
    Hope you have a great show guys! 
    Stuart
  • edited September 2014
    Question 1: Did you "fly with confidence" or were there tears?

Question 2: Have you heard what Ryan said on Tuesday? 

Richard - "Did Anna do that photoshoot?"

RyRy - "No, we got a professional." 

:-D

Question 3: When you ask for three items we'd take on a poker holiday, shall we assume that 1. Passport, 2. Wallet and 3. Suitcase, won't win us any prizes?
  • edited September 2014
    Punta Cana? Nothing beats sunny Warwickshire
  • edited September 2014
    Any chance of showing friday nights £12k BH? Final tabled and had a big hand with Billytheki for bigstack, I'd love Tilkay10's view on it.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live with Fowler and Teakles 7pm CH861 and online ****official show thread****:
    Punta Cana? Only Durham beats sunny Warwickshire
    Posted by Matt237
  • edited September 2014
    Can I take Anna, Laura and Jules please :)
  • edited September 2014
    For hand history reviews obvs
  • edited September 2014
    Good evening Mrs Fowler and Sir Tikay.
    3 essential items to pack,
    1.STRING VEST.
    2. KNOTTED HANKERCHIEF.
    3. POT OF LUCK.
    All the best
    Rainman397.
    P.S Happy belated Birthday Sir Tikay
  • edited September 2014
    Can I suggest re-branding the tablets of fun to the

Blue Tablets of Fun

They are blue, after all.
  • edited September 2014
    Hope you had a great holiday Anna

Great show from you and TK as we have got used to :-)

The three things I would put in my case would be

A tarcking devise..so when the case ends up in Australia thanks to Airport baggage control it can be found

A tablet of fun ........if I can get it through customs

and for the poker item..

And pair of Tk's speedo's for the beach with a sky poker card protecter sewn on the frot to cover a bit..... Ok..... all of my modesty !.... :-0
  • edited September 2014
    Only need 3 things:

Shorts
    Flip-Flops
    Shades

Job done!
  • edited September 2014
    Changed my mind!

Can i take my wife 3 times for looking after me?
  • edited September 2014
    evening TK and fowler have a great show.

i might have got very wound up in the main event BHs frequently this week but now they history and i'm in the superoller and as a deep stack it is my favourite,

the 3 items i would take on the trip would be these
    1 a games console so i didn't get bored on travel
    2. scotty77 as he seems to travel more than anyone and would be great for me to seek advice off
    3. a stress ball to get rid of any stress i get whilst playing.
  • edited September 2014
    ...I'm sure Louis is pleased to be working under you, Anna.
  • edited September 2014
    Who makes gravy using granules? Philistine!
  • edited September 2014
    Found the thread... eventually!

Anyway, my three essentials would be: (if I ever manage to get past the Quarter stage!!!)

1) My ipod, resplendant with Poker themed songs like 'The Gambler' & 'Ace of spades'

2) a selection of Poker books to read in my downtime, 
    faves include 'How to Fold sets' by Ross Jarvis, and 'Playing tighter than a dolphin's nostril' by Tikay

3) Suncream. As you can take your chances at the tables, but not with your skin. 

Cheers, - PJ

• edited September 2014
    It would have been a good afternoon's viewing Tikay if you didnt follow Man Utd. Utter Rubbish!! No point in spending 100 million plus on attacking talent if you cant defend!! You and Anna are without a shadow of a doubt the most entertaining show thats been on my tv today!! although your not actually on my tv because my girlfriend thinks Xfactor is far more important!! grrrrrr!!!
  • edited September 2014

Great show so far guys!!!

If I was going to Punta Cana, I would have to pack:

1) My trainers - to help me run better

2) A metronome - to help me with beats

3) A spirit level - to help me deal with any tilt situations

Think it is fair to say these are all poker related.

• edited September 2014
    Thank you for mentioning my diary. The meaning of "It's not all gravy" is reference to the fact that I have been running really well of late. BUT have had a lean few days that people may not have been awawre of.. success/winning/good times = gravy.. 
    Or at least it is north of Watford.

The reason for the diary/thread is to help me address the small losing streak and listen to advice views given to me. It's very early days, but so far so good. I satellited into the main for £24... not exactly tearing it up at the moment though, but if I play OPIMUMLEY there is still time.  Who knows.  I will update it tonight.

Thanks for the mention Tikay

• edited September 2014
    I can confirm what TK said !

Fell off a 2 foot wall and fractured 4 vertabrae in my neck.
  • edited September 2014
    Teakles!

careful Anna, Teeks has been very compimentary as to your presenting skills, you don´t want him questioning that. even with slippy trying to stir trouble i don´t think teeks will rise to the bait......yet!
  • edited September 2014
    Teakles! careful Anna, Teeks has been very compimentary as to your presenting skills, you don´t want him questioning that. even with slippy trying to stir trouble i don´t think teeks will rise to the bait......yet!
    Posted by GELDY
    Unfortunately, trouble follows me.

Thanks for having my back though... ;)
  • edited September 2014
    1) anna
    2) my wife
    3) a bullet proof vest

oops - playing with fire there - so maybe instead

1) mattbates - to play for me
    2) teeks - to play alongside me
    3) anna - to play .....

enough of that, obv the real answer is

1) my wife - to enjoy the location
    2) factor 50 - to protect me from the location
    3) my passport - to extract me from the location

have a great show you two, shame i´ll not be around to watch it :-(

• edited September 2014
    Hello Anna and TK. Tk is one of the few people I respect, I was brought up to respect my elders and mowadays he is one of the few left.
    Ok what do I take
    1) My Sky poker card protector (oddly it helps me keep to a routine regardless of what I hold)
    2) My camera, I want to have something to remember it by.
    3) Sun tan lotion, lets soak up the sun.
  • edited September 2014
    Instant gravy granules are grand. They can be vegetarian... Gravy on chips is amazing, but who's going to bother preparing real stuff? Hmmm...?
  • edited September 2014
    Evening all. Just back from my hols too. No tan as it was to the Netherlands with the gf. Loved it there apart from 2 things. They insist on serving coffee in very very small cups and they put mayo on chips!!!  How can they!

The 3 things I would take are

1 Vinegar to put on my chips 
    2 My lucky blue Phil Ivey deck of cards
    3 My IPhone so I can play an mtt on the sky open app

Have fun at the tables all
  • edited September 2014
    What 3 essential items would you be packing in your suitcase if you were off to Punta Cana, including one poker item.....

A bottle of the best/most expensive champagne
    Iced Crystal flutes
    and
    A selfie with Anna and my winning hand

Why the expensive Champagne?

cos you don't do cheap when Ms Fowler's presenting the prizes!!! (or any time!!!)
  • edited September 2014
    hand request from the super roller

he has been showing lots of signs of a weak player, some will be limped others are raised

Q. the way he has bet this river am i right to give up my flush?