You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

USING SKY POKER ON A TABLET

edited September 2014 in Poker Chat
I'm thinking of getting a tablet and wondered if anyone could let me know the minimum specifications the tablet would need to play on Sky Poker without glitches.

Any help and/or recommended tablets would be appreciated. I haven't got deep pockets to get a top of the range one, so the cheaper options are what i'm looking for.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• edited September 2014

Hi Brrrrrrr

Obviously the current iPad and iPad Mini work well but they may be a bit more expensive than a 'regular' tablet. If you want to stick to Android (as the main alternative) then there are many many options to choose from. So long as you dont go for something very cheap, the new versions of the main brands should all perform well provided you have a good wifi connection too.

There's many brands that offer Android tablets at varying price ranges. We dont really suggest one over the other, mainly because there are so many and there are pros and cons for things other than poker too. 

However, hopefully other people will come on here and (if they dont mind) say what tablet they use, what sort of price they paid and whether or not they recommend it.

Thanks
    Sky Poker 

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: USING SKY POKER ON A TABLET:
    Hi Brrrrrrr Obviously the current iPad and iPad Mini work well but they may be a bit more expensive than a 'regular' tablet. If you want to stick to Android (as the main alternative) then there are many many options to choose from. So long as you dont go for something very cheap, the new versions of the main brands should all perform well provided you have a good wifi connection too. There's many brands that offer Android tablets at varying price ranges. We dont really suggest one over the other, mainly because there are so many and there are pros and cons for things other than poker too.  However, hopefully other people will come on here and (if they dont mind) say what tablet they use, what sort of price they paid and whether or not they recommend it. Thanks Sky Poker 
    Posted by Sky_Poker

Thanks for the post - much appreciated. I understand why you cant recommend certain devices but is there a minimum specification required to use Sky Poker without any glitches?
  • edited September 2014
    hi brrrrr i have a medion lifetab and it lets me play 3 tables on it maybe more not tried any higher. it says that you can only do 1 table at a time but it definetly works with 3.

All i do on it is use chrome and open the lobby when a game starts just open another window and reload the lobby and another game will load there and so on that worked for me.

Sometimes the same table will open but go to my tables and click on the table you want too load.

it only cost £70 from asda a while ago. they had 1 last week for £50 8gb and 1gb ram which is a good deal not sure if its still on though hope that helps  all the best churchy
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: USING SKY POKER ON A TABLET:
    hi brrrrr i have a medion lifetab and it lets me play 3 tables on it maybe more not tried any higher. it says that you can only do 1 table at a time but it definetly works with 3. All i do on it is use chrome and open the lobby when a game starts just open another window and reload the lobby and another game will load there and so on that worked for me. Sometimes the same table will open but go to my tables and click on the table you want too load. it only cost £70 from asda a while ago. they had 1 last week for £50 8gb and 1gb ram which is a good deal not sure if its still on though hope that helps  all the best churchy
    Posted by churchy18

Thanks Churchy18, that is a great help. especially the info about the necessary gb and ram. I now have a good starting point and idea of how much it might cost. Cheers ;)