You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sky poker fun?

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
  This site when 1st started was friendley,fun,with GOOD POKER players

NOW
  No chat,any Ace will do all in
  ALL IN on Any KQJ with what ever 2nd card it is now FULL of POKER (BINGO) players
  WHEN WILL BADF PLAY
NOT BE REwarded

Comments

• edited January 2010
    I don't agree, I think the overall standard of play on this site has improved tremendously since the site started. Yes on occasion you are going to get outdrawn by someone playing a weak hand but that the game, it happens online AND live.
  • edited January 2010
    you were running good when you started now your not

simple as
  • edited January 2010
    MMmm...Now let me think.
    Do I want to play against GOOD players or BAD players?
    I know, I will find bad players to play against and then write in to complain that there are not enough good players to play against.
    WTG Einstein.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to sky poker fun?:
      This site when 1st started was friendley,fun,with GOOD POKER players                                                         NOW   No chat,any Ace will do all in   ALL IN on Any KQJ with what ever 2nd card it is now FULL of POKER (BINGO) players   WHEN WILL BADF PLAY NOT BE REwarded
    Posted by bugleboy
     in reply
     I played yesterday
    had AJ called all in called by 23,9j,78,A5  23 hit flush would you call all in in cash game NO
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: sky poker fun?:
    MMmm...Now let me think. Do I want to play against GOOD players or BAD players? I know, I will find bad players to play against and then write in to complain that there are not enough good players to play against. WTG Einstein.
    Posted by maccol
     in reply
    would you be happy if all your stack was taken on 34 67 qj???
     No
  • edited January 2010
    you were running good when you started now your not simple as
    Posted by barnsie
      in reply
     no I was having fun good chat with matesect
     no all you walk in to are fools are you 1 of them
  • edited January 2010
    When i first came to the site the standard of play wasn't great, thats why i opened an account. In the begining it was easy money.... Now not so much lol so i'd have to disagree that there was a good standard of play although some players did stand out such as Merenovice, Hursty and a couple of others

Sky still has a friendly atmosphere, and people can push on what ever they like. there is no right or wrong play as it's situations. If i move in with 2 4 it's not a bad play as long as my assesment is that it's going to get through. People call these all ins with A 10 - A 9 - Q J and then complain that they get outdrawn....... The point of the all in is to get people to fold things like light aces and any 2 pictures.

I'm getting happier and happier with the changes sky are making as you don't often see a business pay quite so much attention to it's clients and act so quickly on points that are made.

Theres plenty i'd like to change on the site, (Bad Play is not one of them by the way) but sky can't possibly cater to all my whims as what suits me wouldn't suit the core amount of their clients or possibly the business model of the company itself, but at least they listen first and take what they can on board.
  • edited January 2010
    If you are a tight player who only plays the big hands then you are going to get calls from lower connecting cards like 45, 56, 67, 89 even J 10. These hands have just as much of a chance to hit the flop as two high cards and makes straits or flushes more often than you think.
    I play a tight game and get called by these cards all the time. I am happy to get callers who like to take a chance.
    Sometimes I am much happier to play 9 10 or 10 J suited rather than A 10 or A J.
    The variance of poker can always give you a kick where it hurts but if you go in ahead 9 times out of 10 then in the long run you will win.
  • edited January 2010
    If you are a tight player who only plays the big hands then you are going to get calls from lower connecting cards like 45, 56, 67, 89 even J 10. These hands have just as much of a chance to hit the flop as two high cards and makes straits or flushes more often than you think. I play a tight game and get called by these cards all the time. I am happy to get callers who like to take a chance. Sometimes I am much happier to play 9 10 or 10 J suited rather than A 10 or A J. The variance of poker can always give you a kick where it hurts but if you go in ahead 9 times out of 10 then in the long run you will win.
    Posted by apollo_11
    Good assessment imo appolo.Especially your comments on 9 10 and 10 J,these are just the kind of hands that hit flops and of late if i am well stacked i am finding calling with these hands very lucrative.dav
  • edited January 2010
    I don't agree, I think the overall standard of play on this site has improved tremendously since the site started. Yes on occasion you are going to get outdrawn by someone playing a weak hand but that the game, it happens online AND live.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    +1
  • edited January 2010
    you are fuming sir

you lost a 35-65 chance it seems

wow unlucky
  • edited January 2010
    why did you get stacked off with AJ all in bugleboy?