You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Dave Bland

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
just a quick one, i thought he had a very good Master cash last night

anyone else agree?

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Agreed. It was good to see Dave analysing,and giving the Penguin a kicking - wrong but funny lol
  • edited January 2010
    very good analyst and solid player
  • edited January 2010

Yeh very strongly agree!! I wrote it in one of the mastercash chat boxes hoping to get the message reayed on air, as he would obviously be feeling quite nervous and it might have made him relax, but if I didn't know any different (and I don't,) I'da said he's definately done something like that before.

Maybe he will get more involved as he definately knows his poker, and gets it accross very well too.

Cheerz Dave!
  • edited January 2010
    Yup

Great show by Blando Calrrisian (Thanks Matt;)), oh and Orford :)
  • edited January 2010
    Good to see this thread.

I thought Dave was superb last night. He had about 4 hours notice before doing the show and despite the fact that he's been a guest on The Club from time to time in the past , he'd never done anything like the sort of show he had to do last night. 

Remember he's not a presenter/performer/ tv person by trade. He'd never done a live show before last night, he'd never used an earpiece with the gallery talking to him and he had to have the format of the show explained to him in about 2 minutes before he was shoved on to the studio floor.

But then bang- he was all over it. And his analysis was detailed and thoughtful.

Everyone else who's ever worked on Sky Poker has had the benefit of being given trial-runs, dress-rehearsals, etc etc.

So, what he did was very impressive.

As for the Penguin drop-kick- TV Gold, my friends, TV Gold...
  • edited January 2010
    Rich I'm SURE he's been analyst before (?) I remember him doing it but I didn't know who he was at the time. Infact, last night I didn't even click that it was Sky_Dave until I spotted something on the forum lol.
    He is VERY good in that role for sure.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Dave Bland:
    Good to see this thread. I thought Dave was superb last night. He had about 4 hours notice before doing the show and despite the fact that he's been a guest on The Club from time to time in the past , he'd never done anything like the sort of show he had to do last night.  Remember he's not a presenter/performer/ tv person by trade. He'd never done a live show before last night, he'd never used an earpiece with the gallery talking to him and he had to have the format of the show explained to him in about 2 minutes before he was shoved on to the studio floor. But then bang- he was all over it. And his analysis was detailed and thoughtful. Everyone else who's ever worked on Sky Poker has had the benefit of being given trial-runs, dress-rehearsals, etc etc. So, what he did was very impressive. As for the Penguin drop-kick- TV Gold, my friends, TV Gold...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Best launch ever ;)
  • edited January 2010
    Great show Dave & Rich.  He booted the bird so hard that Penquin7 woke up with a bruise.
  • edited January 2010
    Great Show Dave!!!

Funny how Orfords been doing it for 20years and you still wiped the floor with him..

;) x
  • edited January 2010
    Great Show Dave!!! Funny how Orfords been doing it for 20years and you still wiped the floor with him.. ;) x
    Posted by LML
    To be fair to Rich he's most comfortable in shows where he's surrounded by people wielding large sausages! OO-ERR
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Dave Bland : To be fair to Rich he's most comfortable in shows where he's surrounded by people wielding large sausages! OO-ERR
    Posted by NoseyBonk

Yes but the ACTUAL 'Spot the Sausage' game has nothing on that Baggy Blue Shirt he was wearing .. not too disimilar to the blue jumper now that I come to think  of it...
  • edited January 2010
    Now I've got that blummin' daft song stuck in my head!
  • edited January 2010
    Not wanting to give Orford a big head but Tikay has said many times that his job as an analyst is much easier when Orford is presenting as he is that good.  So yes, Dave was great, but also kudos to Rich for guiding him through.

PS That nose blowing on Total Player must also be right up there on 'Sky Poker Gold' moments!
  • edited January 2010
    PS That nose blowing on Total Player must also be right up there on 'Sky Poker Gold' moments!
    Posted by phil12uk
    That was funny lol .. and the obvious Producer in ear "Get rid of that snotty tissue" moment haha

• edited January 2010
    Great Show Dave!!! Funny how Orfords been doing it for 20years and you still wiped the floor with him.. ;) x
    Posted by LML

I bet tk told you to say that lisa :p   

I watched about 30 mins last night it was the first time i watched the master cash and i thought dave was very good at explaining cash game plays.
  • edited January 2010
    Dave kicking that Penguin was brilliant...

but Rich did not p p p pick it up!

Thought Dave's analysis was spot on, but his choice of grey shirt was not the best:)
  • edited January 2010
    Harsh words from our fashion correspondent but Greg is "Mr. Sartorial Elegance" so I guess that we have to take his opinion seriously.

I've only just watched the repeat but would like to echo everyone's sentiment that Dave was excellent.
    Tikay is a tough act to follow but I thought that Dave managed it with class.

I thought that the analysis was balanced and insightful which is exactly what I've come to expect from Dave having read his posts on this forum and seen him on the channel before.

Top job by a top guy.
  • edited January 2010
    Folks,

I just wanted to say thank you so much for the support. A couple of people in the office seemed to think I did a fantastic job and I know for a fact most of them wouldn't have seen the show at the time, so I was wondering what had gone down! Now I've seen this thread I understand.

My previous TV experience isn't too shabby, but I've not done a lot in that environment. I used to do a semi-regular slot as a news correspondent on The Club, which was always a pre-record, and I've also done some live shows hidden behind a table giving tournament updates and so on, but NOTHING like Saturday night.

I loved every minute of it but DOHHHHH was spot on - I was absolutely bricking it! I actually settled into it a little more in the second half, and kicking Penguin across the studio live on Sky Poker was one of those moments I will always remember. What it does make me realise is that the team we've got here are so good at their job it's unreal. Tikay, Orford, Lisa-Marie, Sarah, James, Mark, DP.... each and every one of them make it look effortless and trust me, it's not.

Thanks to Rich of course for getting me through the show (a consummate pro, just a shame about the car parking), Ling and the gallery for being as supportive of the noob as they were, and most of all to you guys for making me want to do it all over again. This thread has literally made my week. :P

Oh, and the shirt was horrific, but you can't argue with wardrobe.

Until next time.

Dave

• edited January 2010
    I agree with everyone on here, I thought Dave was really professional during the show and showed he has a great understanding of the game, I couldn't work out who he was at 1st - assumed it was some pro off the UK circuit. Really great stuff Dave well done.
  • edited January 2010
    Very well done Dave and thanks for filling in at short notice and doing a great job.  Only downside is that HR want to speak to you about the Penguin abuse though... ;)

Regards,

Des.
  • edited January 2010
    Dave, Top man you did a Top job.

Well Done
  • edited January 2010
    :P Oh, and the shirt was horrific, but you can't argue with wardrobe. Until next time. Dave
    Posted by Sky_Dave

Very True Dave.. NOBODY argues with Elsa. The last person that did that was made to wear one of their own Jumpers.. a giant misshapen blue thing if I remember correctly....

PS.. Welcome to the WINNING TKO Team. Good choice ;)
  • edited January 2010
    Oh, and the shirt was horrific, but you can't argue with wardrobe.
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Er, I don't want to rain on your parade Dave, but you were wearing that thing when you turned up- remember?
  • edited January 2010
    Erm, no. If you ever see me in that shirt again....

(P.S Please don't go tipping Elsa off. Thanks)