You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Come on Sky pull your finger out and get this atrocious software sorted out

I am sick and tired of multi-tabling and the software crashing for no apparent reason and the amount of games I have lost because of this.

Before you mention it, it is absolutely nothing to do with my laptop... It is cleaned on a regular basis of any potential virus, and with 8 gig of memory more than ample to handle any such apps. It doesn't matter where I am in the house infact I am 4 feet away from the Modem and happened twice today. What an absolute joke when you look at other software out there!!!

You bull this site up with your TV channel and the fact that it is UK based and friendly, well if you want people to stay get it sorted.

It has taken years to get the ability to size the screens. This is basic stuff and easy to do and there should be much flexibility in different ways to display the screens!!!

Another absolute annoying thing is that after I have displayed the lounge maybe 3 times, that is it; in-order to check players before entering a tournament I have to close the Sky App down and re-open it and if you are playing several games is unacceptable!!!

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Agree with Micwoz 100%

In addition :-  Why when I load up, why does the 'Double Your Money ' tab bring up Turbo DYMs as well - being in a rush I've entered 2 Turbos by mistake!

When a game shows players are registered, WHY does the Tournament Lobby show 'No Players' - this is a regular occurrence

There is no such thing as true RANDOM on any Poker site, only PSEUDO-RANDOM as all are run by computer. However, on other sites pseudo-random comes close to true random, on Sky it does NOT, hence the recurring complaint that at a showdown short stack's wanted card appears only to be trumped on the turn or river !!
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Come on Sky pull your finger out and get this atrocious software sorted out:
    Agree with Micwoz 100% In addition :-  Why when I load up, why does the 'Double Your Money ' tab bring up Turbo DYMs as well - being in a rush I've entered 2 Turbos by mistake! When a game shows players are registered, WHY does the Tournament Lobby show 'No Players' - this is a regular occurrence There is no such thing as true RANDOM on any Poker site, only PSEUDO-RANDOM as all are run by computer. However, on other sites pseudo-random comes close to true random, on Sky it does NOT, hence the recurring complaint that at a showdown short stack's wanted card appears only to be trumped on the turn or river !!
    Posted by davhotred
    This thread is about software not how you have been outdrawn! 
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Come on Sky pull your finger out and get this atrocious software sorted out:
    In Response to Re: Come on Sky pull your finger out and get this atrocious software sorted out : This thread is about software not how you have been outdrawn! 
    Posted by Nuggy962
    The Random number table just happens to be part of the programme i.e. part of the SOFTWARE!!  without it every card would be the same! Why not get out your old ZX81(HARDWARE)   and try to programme it to produce a list of numbers (SOFTWARE) or just look up random number table in Wikipaedia you might learn something
  • edited October 2014
    There seem to be a lot of incidences of pocket pairs appearing in the same hand time after time. this doesnt happen in live play very often. but i have experienced it 5 times in one night. some in my favour and some not. makes you feel sometimes that things are not as random as they should be. Sky is their something wrong with your software?