You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FT bubble - any chance of a rethink on hand by hand play?

edited September 2014 in Poker Chat
I am currently playing an MTT that had 8 entrants.

1 busted out early.

Leaving 7 and so hand by hand play started.

Resulting in a very frustrating period of play.

I do not see much kudos in FT'ing a field of 8!

There is certainly no impact on cash payouts (only 2 places get paid)

Also with this being a rebuy - the FT bubble is taking a LOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGG time.

Any chance of a rethink please sky?

e.g. No FT bubble if 1st cash payout is pos 5 or higher?

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Yeah, I've never understood H4H before the FT at any point (Unless it's money bubble as well) It doesn't go H4H every time a table is about to break, so why do it for the FT. It's not like they make it a 7 handed FT  so the bubble is 4 on each.
  • edited September 2014
    Is it not more about stopping the 3-man table from being at an unfair disadvantage (the only time pre-FT that play would be 3-handed), due to playing more hands/hour than the other table (particularly if the 4-man table are running the clock down)?
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to .:
    Is it not more about stopping the 3-man table from being at an unfair disadvantage (the only time pre-FT that play would be 3-handed), due to playing more hands/hour than the other table (particularly if the 4-man table are running the clock down)?
    Posted by shakinaces
    Yes, I think that's the reason. But doesn't stop them being in the blinds more often so it's a flawed idea. If that's their concern they need a 7 handed FT like many live events are.
  • edited September 2014
    I see your point shakin especially when there is a cash impact even if it is just laddering 1 spot.

In my example we were 7 handed and the payouts were for 1st and 2nd.

I was on the 3 handed table and would much rather have been getting through the hands quicker.

All about chip accumulation at this point - see no advantage whatsoever in running the clock down?
  • edited September 2014
    By the way I made the FT (possibly the thinnest brag post ever seen on Sky?).

Only to go out 6th shortly after my AK on BB (I raised limper who called) hits K on turn after checked raggy flop (I was trying to induce bet from aggro opponent). K comes on turn and all money goes in - Opponent had hit his gapped connectors for 2 pair - yes K2.

• edited September 2014
    Completely agree, H4H is ridiculous in this situation.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to .:
    Posted by shakinaces
    Yep, in an MTT on Saturday on money+FT bubble it didn't have H4H and i was on the 3 handed table. It was horrible!
  • edited September 2014
    Hi Matt - I saw your thread and totally agree that H4H is appropriate where there is money at stake and uneven tables are in play.

All my post is asking for Sky to consider whether they could make sure that the table does not go H4H for tourneys under a certain number of entrants/with less than 5 payouts.

In my example play was unnecessarily and dramatically slowed down.

In a deeper tournament you dont expect H4H play to last too long as the blinds (and possibly antess) will be biting and there will always be a short stack or 2.

I have checked my hand history.

The F/T bubble lasted 1 HOUR AND 11 MINUTES!!!!
  • edited September 2014
    *BUMP* anyone from Sky available for comment?