You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Too cold to go to the shop, paying someone to go for me..

EENEEN
edited January 2010 in The Shed
Anyone in manchester willing to play delivery boy/girl and go get my shopping for me as the weather is ridiculously cold..

I'd order it online but the price for delivery is ridiculous for my shopping list..

Naturally im joking as the above would be weird, but its meant to be a rant about the weather really =[

On the other hand, can someone just do something about this cold weather? Who said global warming is a bad idea? Clarkson would sort it

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Go out for shopping? NO CHANCE! lol ... I only order online. Can't be doing with supermarkets and people blocking the aisles clattering & banging with their trolleys lol

And don't mention "Global warming" lol. You noticed they stopped using that now? Since they realised everyone knows it's a con they've switched to "Climate change". Now they want to stop climate change ... which is something nature has done for 50 billion years. So soon they're gonna have to build a giant laser weapon to destroy nature......... either that or raise taxes.

• EENEEN
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Too cold to go to the shop, paying someone to go for me..:
    Go out for shopping? NO CHANCE! lol ... I only order online. Can't be doing with supermarkets and people blocking the aisles clattering & banging with their trolleys lol And don't mention "Global warming" lol. You noticed they stopped using that now? Since they realised everyone knows it's a con they've switched to "Climate change". Now they want to stop climate change ... which is something nature has done for 50 billion years. So soon they're gonna have to build a giant laser weapon to destroy nature......... either that or raise taxes.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    I braved the cold and finally went. £20 and i barely got anything, im gna start growing my own. 81p for a SINGLE red pepper!?!

all this climate change stuff is just scare tactics.

id prefer a giant heater to a laser, its far too cold... if theres another ice age while im alive im gna be very pee'd off
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Too cold to go to the shop, paying someone to go for me.. : I braved the cold and finally went. £20 and i barely got anything, im gna start growing my own. 81p for a SINGLE red pepper!?! all this climate change stuff is just scare tactics. id prefer a giant heater to a laser, its far too cold... if theres another ice age while im alive im gna be very pee'd off
    Posted by EEN
    agree about the "global warming" thing. been posting my views on it elsewhere for a while.
    we have weeks shop delivered by asda for £5. £3 bus fare so it makes sense.
  • EENEEN
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Too cold to go to the shop, paying someone to go for me.. : agree about the "global warming" thing. been posting my views on it elsewhere for a while. we have weeks shop delivered by asda for £5. £3 bus fare so it makes sense.
    Posted by morse999
    Trouble for me is, i live literally 20 seconds from tesco and about a minute from sainsburys, so i really dont have much excuse :S
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Too cold to go to the shop, paying someone to go for me.. : Trouble for me is, i live literally 20 seconds from tesco and about a minute from sainsburys, so i really dont have much excuse :S
    Posted by EEN
    Yes you do - the long walk! lol

• EENEEN
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Too cold to go to the shop, paying someone to go for me.. : Yes you do - the long walk! lol
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    lol you know how it is :P

i just hate idiots at checkouts that take too long. The self scanning machines just attract the retarded
  • edited January 2010
    the self scanning machines always make me a giggle.
    a member of staff has to standby as every other customer looks as though they are being expected to sit an A level in japanese algebra, and the security store detectives stay within view as it's an invitation for the shoplifters to pilfer.
    i once went shopping in tesco at four in the morning after being at work. had a trolley full and asked for a checkout to be opened. the woman working looked at me like i was an idiot and simply pointed towards the self service aisle. i hate those things and combined with a trolleyfull i said i didn't want to use it. "i'm afraid we haven't the staff to open an aisle". "i'm afraid you'll have to find one to put this back on the shelves" i said as i walked out.
    24 hour opening my asre!
  • edited January 2010
    the self scanning machines always make me a giggle. a member of staff has to standby as every other customer looks as though they are being expected to sit an A level in japanese algebra, and the security store detectives stay within view as it's an invitation for the shoplifters to pilfer. i once went shopping in tesco at four in the morning after being at work. had a trolley full and asked for a checkout to be opened. the woman working looked at me like i was an idiot and simply pointed towards the self service aisle. i hate those things and combined with a trolleyfull i said i didn't want to use it. "i'm afraid we haven't the staff to open an aisle". "i'm afraid you'll have to find one to put this back on the shelves" i said as i walked out. 24 hour opening my asre!
    Posted by booboo69
    have some friends who pull this one every now and again. They are both heavy drinkers.
    they load the trolly with several packs of larger and her cider. Over £100 worth. they add a pack of nappies to the trolly and go to the checkout. (they don t have kids).
    When the goods are added up and the checkout assistant says the price they look at each other and wince.
    She says to her husband "that s too much. Sod the kid,put the nappies back"
    The reaction from the shop assistant is quite amusing.