You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Synchronised breaks - please sort it out

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
I often multitable, but when one table goes on a break the others are still running. It can't be that difficult to put every table on a break at, say, 5 mins to the hour.

I need to get a beer from the fridge, have a smoke, grab a sandwich, go to the toilet... all sorts, but never get a break to do so.

I'm sure that Sky wish to encourage people to play more than one table. So please encourage them by not making them pay to go to the toilet!

BB

Comments

• edited January 2010
    +1 CANT BE THAT DIFFICULT
  • edited January 2010
    It would not be nice if you went into a break just 10 minutes into a game that started at quarter to the hour just to sychronise breaks.
    If you are multi-tabling, then I think it would be a good idea to have everything at hand before you start the games and if you do need to go to the loo then you have to miss a hand or two.
    I don't see any problem with the way it is set up at the moment.
  • edited January 2010
    Other sites do it, and to be honest it's annoying. I'm not a fan of sync breaks cos they always kick in about 2 mins into the tourny
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Synchronised breaks - please sort it out:
    It would not be nice if you went into a break just 10 minutes into a game that started at quarter to the hour just to sychronise breaks. If you are multi-tabling, then I think it would be a good idea to have everything at hand before you start the games and if you do need to go to the loo then you have to miss a hand or two. I don't see any problem with the way it is set up at the moment.
    Posted by apollo_11
    It would be fine if you knew this was the way things were, if you didnt like a break early on just register for games past the hour!!
  • edited January 2010
    Other sites do it, and to be honest it's annoying. I'm not a fan of sync breaks cos they always kick in about 2 mins into the tourny
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    I could not agree more, it's incredibly annoying. If I need a break, I just sit-out, as I would, & do, at a Live Event.

But each to their own.
  • edited January 2010
    I can live with or without synchronised breaks. But the 2 minute breaks some sites have are just pointless.

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Synchronised breaks - please sort it out:
    I often multitable, but when one table goes on a break the others are still running. It can't be that difficult to put every table on a break at, say, 5 mins to the hour. I need to get a beer from the fridge, have a smoke, grab a sandwich, go to the toilet... all sorts, but never get a break to do so. I'm sure that Sky wish to encourage people to play more than one table. So please encourage them by not making them pay to go to the toilet! BB
    Posted by BigBluster
    simple solution, stop playing so many tables and how many breaks do you want to have?
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Synchronised breaks - please sort it out : It would be fine if you knew this was the way things were, if you didnt like a break early on just register for games past the hour!!
    Posted by loonytoons
    Understand your point but i pick the tourneys i play by the tourney itself (prize pool against entry fee, structure & Format) not by their start times so it's not really going to work for me to say i'm not going to play the open as it starts on the hour and not past it. I'd live if they did it i just don't like it is all. I had this in the WCOOP this year and it bugged the heck out of me
  • edited January 2010
    it is the way forward for Sky Poker if they want to grow as a poker site.

it is a major gripe for me, and it is the main reason why i only play one tournie at a time here (while playing 4/6 cash tables).

change it to 55 mins past the hour like on the worlds biggest poker site.

if you are to introduce a downloable client, which is obviously to attract more multi-tablers, this makes perfect sense.