You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Removing skrill and neteller as an option

edited September 2014 in Poker Chat
That's me done I guess, gotta find a new site :(

Service Announcement:
Neteller and Skrill deposits on Sky Bet

Following positive feedback on our mobile account services, we're currently upgrading our desktop version of Sky Bet in order to match. As part of this process we've reviewed our banking operations and unfortunately it is no longer sustainable for us to support payments via Neteller and Skrill.

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Didn't even know you could use these on Sky

Is there not charges for using them?

One of the best things about Sky, imo, is if you make a withdrawel and its in your bank account within 1 or 2 days
  • edited September 2014
    Never even heard of neteller, and only heard of Skrill as they sponsored the Football Conference one season and had no real idea who they were or what they did then, only just looked it up as part of this thread. Sorry that it means you won't be able to play on the site, but I don't expect it will have major ramifications for many Sky Poker players
  • edited September 2014
    never heard of skrill?

basically its the best way of withdrawing/depositing.  with stars a withdrawal takes less than 10 mins.

that said, no it wont affect many I don't think,

I can still play, im just saving for wedding and all poker cash goes there.  there is a small fee from withdrawing there but its not much.  but now it means withdrawing to bank then putting into skrill and that is the bit that will affect me.

its not a major problem, but it is annoying as hell
  • edited September 2014
    Never understood why uk based players use it anyway?

Its so easy, quick, safer and free just to use a uk debit card.