You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky record?

edited September 2014 in Poker Chat
I was wondering if tonights 15k Launch Party will be sky's biggest ever runner tournament? Especially a buy-in one and not a freeroll. It already has nearly 1300 entrants and with over an hour of late reg surely hunderds more on top of that.

Its fantastic of Sky to put this on but it also shows that a big garentee tournament with a low buyin CAN attract players. We need more of these!

Comments

• edited September 2014
    I'm sure it will be a record. Probably a record overlay too!
  • edited September 2014
    craig i was thinking the same myself.

Sky you want lots of people to join, being a UK based site the number of players with skill is much less and when recs get knocked out of big price MTTs they get much more upset with the big hands loosing because they've spent a large sum.

so please could you do an occasional high guarentee MTT of say 15K for a price simular to the one we have here?

to make up for the guarentee size you could remove most the other low price MTTs of that hour apart from the mini as it will get the amount needed for the prize to be built.
  • edited September 2014
    Reg limited to 2994 with rake = £16467,needs 2728 runners to make 15k.
    Might get 1800/1900 at a guess.
  • edited September 2014
    Made 1828 and paid 211
  • edited September 2014
    That has to be a record, surely? Things like this are great for the site. We need more big garenteed tournaments with a low buyin. Even if it's just once a month. 

It's not just this one tournament either. Bringing more people means they will usually play more games on the side as well as the big event. Be that more MTT's or cash. And encourage them to stay if they like it. 
  • edited September 2014
    Anyone know who won it?
  • edited September 2014

is there a way to see where people finished?

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky record?:
    That has to be a record, surely? Things like this are great for the site. We need more big garenteed tournaments with a low buyin. Even if it's just once a month.  It's not just this one tournament either. Bringing more people means they will usually play more games on the side as well as the big event. Be that more MTT's or cash. And encourage them to stay if they like it. 
    Posted by CraigSG1
    What is great about an MTT with big overlay? Big guarantees that are met are great. Loads of people would have jumped into the tournament last night due to the big overlay so that needs to be factored into the analysis of how great the tournament was/how many runners it got. Also, the MTT seemed to go under the radar and didn't get much promotion so that potentially limited numbers.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky record? : What is great about an MTT with big overlay? Big guarantees that are met are great. Loads of people would have jumped into the tournament last night due to the big overlay so that needs to be factored into the analysis of how great the tournament was/how many runners it got. Also, the MTT seemed to go under the radar and didn't get much promotion so that potentially limited numbers.
    Posted by MattBates
    i missed it,i didnt even know it was running,must open eyes more
  • edited September 2014
    One reason there were so many runners is that a lot of people, including myself, were given free entry. It's very unlikely that, even with a £15k guarantee, enough players would be attracted to make it financially viable for Sky to run it on a regular basis.

For the record, I finished 64th and cashed for £27, small beer perhaps, but for someone like myself who only plays 60p dyms it was a big win, certainly the biggest of what passes for my poker career.

Thanks Sky.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky record? : What is great about an MTT with big overlay? Big guarantees that are met are great. Loads of people would have jumped into the tournament last night due to the big overlay so that needs to be factored into the analysis of how great the tournament was/how many runners it got. Also, the MTT seemed to go under the radar and didn't get much promotion so that potentially limited numbers.
    Posted by MattBates
    I agree myself, this MTT wasn't the easiest one to find, if this had been on last year i would have missed out myself

I only found it because already deep stacks are difficult ones to find.

If they were to run it again, "which they should given hopw great a popularity", they shound put it into the yellow column at the top and bold writing. also maybe put it in the promotions page like we see done with the super roller.
  • edited September 2014
    I think it was in the highlighted bit at the top for a number of days Craig.

When I first saw it I assumed it was an invite only jobby. Wasn't until I actually looked at the info that I realised it was for everyone. So had every intention of playing it......but when you've watching football down the boozer for numerous hours, the ability to get home decreases.
  • edited September 2014
    I think it was in the highlighted bit at the top for a number of days Craig. When I first saw it I assumed it was an invite only jobby. Wasn't until I actually looked at the info that I realised it was for everyone. So had every intention of playing it......but when you've watching football down the boozer for numerous hours, the ability to get home decreases.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Just got in?
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky record? : Just got in?
    Posted by MattBates
    No comment.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky record? : No comment.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Ah, the irony of the 'no comment' comment.

Shame I missed this one too. Sounds like it was a blast.
  • edited September 2014
    I think it was in the highlighted bit at the top for a number of days Craig. When I first saw it I assumed it was an invite only jobby. Wasn't until I actually looked at the info that I realised it was for everyone. So had every intention of playing it......but when you've watching football down the boozer for numerous hours, the ability to get home decreases.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    when your team kicks off at 7:45 you're still watching the game.
    so you have the DTDs without me for a second week running (last week was a break) and i missed FOSP last wednesday.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky record? : when your team kicks off at 7:45 you're still watching the game. so you have the DTDs without me for a second week running (last week was a break) and i missed FOSP last wednesday.
    Posted by craigcu12
    I miss FOSP every Wednesday.....ain't that right Hitman? ;)

Too many tasty matches yesterday to drag myself away from the bar. I'm pretty sure I'd have breezed past 1800 runners as well, sigh.