You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

record breaking number in MTT.

edited September 2014 in Poker Chat
the total for this 15K launch party MTT was 1800 people, todays mini had 481 people, yesterdays min had 519.
there are players such as lambert 180, scotty77 and mattbates playing as well.

this MTT is the best you could ask for, it has very good players willing to join knowing their is a good prize at the top, beginners joining as it's such a big guarentee for such a small buy in and best of all it doesn't finish as late as the super roller so those who need sleep will get it.

Comments

• edited September 2014
    I voted option 2 although I don't get why it would mean losing other tournaments. Maybe just reduce the guarantee and publicise it more. Option one is also good.
    I saw you ran deep too Craig, but can't find lobby to see where you ended up. I was at your table for a bit, when you knocked out a lad who was basically advertising in chatbox that he was laddering...He was on my left and I was stealing off him something rotten, until you wiped him out!!!
  • edited September 2014
    I'd play it everyday if Lambert180 does :)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: record breaking number in MTT.:
    I voted option 2 although I don't get why it would mean losing other tournaments. Maybe just reduce the guarantee and publicise it more. Option one is also good. I saw you ran deep too Craig, but can't find lobby to see where you ended up. I was at your table for a bit, when you knocked out a lad who was basically advertising in chatbox that he was laddering...He was on my left and I was stealing off him something rotten, until you wiped him out!!!
    Posted by The_Hux
    Craig finished 11th for £124, & The Hux himself was 7th for £390.

See THIS

• edited September 2014

A properly structured, £10k gtd, £3 turbo rebuy would stand a decent chance imoooooooo. 
  • edited September 2014
    I like Dohhh suggestion but having it a big garentee freezeout is still the way to go. For one we dont have many freeze outs and even less low buyin big garentees. Maybe we can have this tourny (with a 8/10k garentee, still a great investment on your buyin) weekly but change its structure each week. BH, Freezeout, Rebuy, Ultra Turbo.

What this sort of tournament does is not only promote the site, but it get more people playing on here. Not just in this tournament but in others as well (and cash), not to mention they may like it and play more on other days thus increasing the player pool.
  • edited September 2014
    A properly structured , £10k gtd, £3 turbo rebuy would stand a decent chance imoooooooo. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    The vast majority of players entering a £3 Turbo Rebuy would not even look at the structure.

They'd look at 2 things - the entry fee, & the Guarantee. Nothing else.

Only the serious heads would investigate the structure before entering.

Take a guess at how many of the 1,862 who played last night checked the structure before entering. I've no more idea than you, but I'll take the unders on 50.  
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: record breaking number in MTT.:
    In Response to Re: record breaking number in MTT. : The  vast majority of players entering a £3 Turbo Rebuy would not even look at the structure. They'd look at 2 things - the entry fee, & the Guarantee. Nothing else. Only the serious heads would investigate the structure before entering. Take a guess at how many of the 1,862 who played last night checked the structure before entering. I've no more idea than you, but I'll take the unders on 50.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    When you need 3,000 buyins/rebuys/addons to hit the gntee, having the serious heads on board as well as people who don't care about the structure would increase the chances of it 'gettting there'. 

• edited September 2014
    In Response to  Re: record breaking number in MTT. : When you need 3,000 buyins/rebuys/addons to hit the gntee, having the serious heads on board as well as people who don't care about the structure would increase the chances of it 'gettting there'. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yes, more of those (pure guess) 50 or so who investigate the structure might play. So another dozen maybe.

Just my personal opinion, like you, I don't actually know.
  • edited September 2014
    sod rebuys

we need decent structured low buyin big guarantee more often

£5 buy
    £10k guaranteed
    deepstack
    Saturday night

I would play that every night
  • edited September 2014
    sod rebuys we need decent structured low buyin big guarantee more often £5 buy £10k guaranteed deepstack Saturday night I would play that every night
    Posted by MrWh1te
    The only attractive thing about this, would be the £9,000 overlay.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: record breaking number in MTT. : The only attractive thing about this, would be the £9,000 overlay.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Haha :)
  • edited September 2014
    other sites can do it, don't see why sky cant
  • edited September 2014
    sod rebuys we need decent structured low buyin big guarantee more often £5 buy £10k guaranteed deepstack Saturday night I would play that every night
    Posted by MrWh1te

50% of the time it works everytime!
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: record breaking number in MTT. : 50% of the time it works everytime!
    Posted by jonjo75
    i played this tourny last night and thought it went well after i cashed  for 21 pound i sat and railed it think it could be done as a rebuy but limite ppl to 1 rebuy and 1 add on was a goo tourny

• edited September 2014
    Posted by MrWh1te
    the super roller goes on from 8pm until 4am and that MTT has a deep stack structure with about 300-500 runners. imagine  the length of time a deep stack MTT with 1.8K runners would have!

we want to make recs more interested with sky, a deep stack structure would give players like mattbates and even greater advantage because they don't waste chips as quickly.
  • edited September 2014
    I didnt play it as i was busy, but surely most people just played it for the overlay? and if there didnt look like there would be overlay then a lot of the higher stake players probably wouldnt bother with it, and a lot of recs would have just seen it was the most popular tournament of the night so they would have joined... as soon as the guarantee was lowered to a viable amount people would lose interest in it.. im sure it must of had a similar structure to the old 777 tournaments and the original open, 

i think it probably just worked best as a one off, although if sky fancy running tournaments with massive overlay every week then i will be more than happy.
  • edited September 2014
    I didnt play it as i was busy, but surely most people just played it for the overlay? and if there didnt look like there would be overlay then a lot of the higher stake players probably wouldnt bother with it, and a lot of recs would have just seen it was the most popular tournament of the night so they would have joined... as soon as the guarantee was lowered to a viable amount people would lose interest in it.. im sure it must of had a similar structure to the old 777 tournaments and the original open,  i think it probably just worked best as a one off, although if sky fancy running tournaments with massive overlay every week then i will be more than happy.
    Posted by jordz16

the mini events we get every week are the most popular ones normally done for low stakes and they only manage to get 500 not 1.8K.

the 15K guarentee £5.75 must have played a huge part in the MTT interest, that's what these suggestions relate to.

regs will review the lobby before joining but in a recs eyes it's an MTT with 15K for a price of £5.75.

the greatest thing of all about this one was it had a friendly atmosphere and everyone talked about it, the BH's "the one normally most popular" have much more arguements and abusive laungage because of the battling over a head prize.
  • edited September 2014
    imagine how many runners it would have got if they didnt announce it one day before.
  • edited September 2014

when over a third of the prize pool is overlay the tournament is not a success.  I wouldn't vote for it again because there are far better ways to spend the money that went into that guarantee

Looks like it was a nice one off though

• edited September 2014
    The structure of a one off tournament maybe doesn't play much of a part in how many runners it gets, must play a big part in how much enjoyment people get from it though, and therefore how likely they are to play again. I've played plenty of badly structured tournaments once.