You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Clarification please on people playing same tourney in same household

edited September 2014 in Poker Chat
I watched last nights show with the Bromleys and they stated that they do play the same tourneys . I know of a couple that want to play DTD for example but it wont allow them both to register .

Comments

• edited September 2014
    I have to say I was surprised by that too, I didn't think it was possible to have multiple players playing within the same address at the same time. It would make collusion very easy.

I have to add that I have taped last night's show and only watched a small bit of it so far but was VERY impressed by the Bromleys, lovely people and very, very good on screen personalities, the whole show looks like it was fun and I will enjoy watching the rest of it. I am in no way suggesting that they would be guilty of anything underhand, just to make that clear.
  • edited September 2014
    Yeah i did wonder how that was allowed? 
  • edited September 2014
    Me neither, was a good show, 
  • edited September 2014
    I'm sure someone will come on with a proper answer. But as far as I know, you can't enter the same cash table or Sit n Go if you have the same IP address. MTTs are OK though as there is less chance of meeting each other on the same table.
  • edited September 2014
    Great point Phil ;')
  • edited September 2014

yeh defo colluding could be happening

• edited September 2014
    I also taped last nights episode, and will be using it in court, i have sufficint eveidence that the bromleys colluded against me in a tournament last week.
  • edited September 2014
    As Flash said, pretty sure it's always been fine for MTTs.

• edited September 2014
    Yeah, I believe MTTs have always been fine as flash says its unlikely you'll play on the same table much and tbf if people wanna cheat, they're gonna cheat, FB is just as easy as living in the same house.

Me and Emma have played in tons of the same mtts and satellites on sky with no issues (including the DTD)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Clarification please on people playing same tourney in same household:
    I also taped last nights episode, and will be using it in court, i have sufficint eveidence that the bromleys colluded against me in a tournament last week.
    Posted by alex1229
    Court????
    PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it April 1st already ???

I Guess [Hope] you're Joking Adam.

The Bromleys are Honest, Straight, Construtive Members of The Sky Community!

Stuff posted like that may open can of worms that  maybe is not neccesary...
    Think!! [Maybe delete mate, & I will this]
    X
  • edited September 2014
    Thanks All, thats what i thought
  • edited September 2014

You cannot sit down at the same cash table but you can in MTTs and STTs. However, we do have systems that flag people who play at the same table and will investigate and check where necessary. On occasion, if we feel it is merited or needed, we can block people from playing the same games as each other. As has been pointed out, in an MTT it would be much more difficult to collude as you cannot control what table you will be on.

In our experience, people who attempt to collude would rarely be so overtly known as the Bromleys as it would stand out to others. Plus, I'm sure Mrs B would love to beat Adam over all others! ;) - helps keep her #BestBromley title which she has held for the last 5years.

As we've said on previous occasions, if you do believe you have reason to think someone is cheating, please do contact customer care. As we said, we do have checks in place but help is appreciated too.

One last thing, and sorry to be boring on this, but we'd recommend you don't joke about accusations of cheating because something that may be meant as 'tongue in cheek' could easily be misinterpreted and may offend.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited September 2014
    Thanks for clearing this  up, Please delete as i certainly dont want this post becomng a platform for issues as mentioned by adam
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Clarification please on people playing same tourney in same household:
    In Response to Re: Clarification please on people playing same tourney in same household : Court???? PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it April 1st already ??? I Guess [Hope] you're Joking Adam. The Bromleys are Honest, Straight, Construtive Members of The Sky Community! Stuff posted like that may open can of worms that  maybe is not neccesary... Think!! [Maybe delete mate, & I will this] X
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    only one way to sort it out is to get the hand history up and we can all decide for ourselves if they colluding
  • edited September 2014
    Posted by alex1229
    if you got  evidence alex can you get some hand history up or something
  • edited September 2014
    Yeah, I believe MTTs have always been fine as flash says its unlikely you'll play on the same table much and tbf if people wanna cheat, they're gonna cheat, FB is just as easy as living in the same house. Me and Emma have played in tons of the same mtts and satellites on sky with no issues (including the DTD)
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yeah, but that would only matter if you lasted longer than five minutes, mate ;)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Clarification please on people playing same tourney in same household : Yeah, but that would only matter if you lasted longer than five minutes, mate ;)
    Posted by Slipwater
    Poker?
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Clarification please on people playing same tourney in same household : if you got  evidence alex can you get some hand history up or something
    Posted by natry20111
    Sigh.

He was kidding.
  • edited September 2014
    I very rarely post on this side of the fence, but on this occasion, I feel the need.

Its time for a Mod' to take over and delete the thread. It may have started off as a bit of banter/cheekiness, but it's in danger of becoming a major issue, where there's NO issue whatsoever. 
  • edited September 2014
    think it was a fair issue to raise.

i dont know the bromleys, and if i found out i was on a table with a husband and wife playing from the same household i would want their play to be investigated - i'm sure they would understand why. i did not know that was allowed in MTT's, i do now.

some peeps know them and can vouch for them, the vast majority of us dont and cant. i'm glad sky have systems in place to deal with such eventuallities.
  • edited September 2014
    I very rarely post on this side of the fence, but on this occasion, I feel the need. Its time for a Mod' to take over and delete the thread. It may have started off as a bit of banter/cheekiness, but it's in danger of becoming a major issue, where there's NO issue whatsoever. 
    Posted by joesman1
    this thread should stay open, if it becomes abusive then yes close it down, so far people are just asking questions
  • edited September 2014

It must be difficult (impossible?) to play your normal game against your partner/parents/siblings/close friends etc when you're deep in something like the main event. 

You wouldn't cheat or collude, but I'm fairly sure most would play differently. 

Doesn't matter if you're in the same room or a different country though, that makes no difference unless you're consciously trying to collude (cheat), something that cannot be prevented anyway, regardless of the geography. 
  • edited September 2014
    It must be difficult (impossible?) to play your normal game against your partner/parents/siblings/close friends etc when you're deep in something like the main event.  You wouldn't cheat or collude, but I'm fairly sure most would play differently.  Doesn't matter if you're in the same room or a different country though, that makes no difference unless you're consciously trying to collude (cheat), something that cannot be prevented anyway, regardless of the geography. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yes it's very difficult DOHHHHHHH... What tends to happen when u share a table at a live event with a sky reg', who also happens to be your roommate for the week, and u take him out... Is that he spits his dummy out, gets in his car, and drives home. Leaving u to pay the hotel bill by yourself. 
  • edited September 2014

Living in the same household might make it easier, but in these times it can be done from different adds. How difficult is it to message someone.?? Impossible to control!!!                                                                                                                                                                                         I've had my suspicions in DYMs. Even little comments in chat box.

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Clarification please on people playing same tourney in same household : only one way to sort it out is to get the hand history up and we can all decide for ourselves if they colluding
    Posted by natry20111
    As far as I see it, its nothing to do with Us!!

Any Details/Evidence should go through proper channels at Sky, let them sort!!

The Post we are talking about could be just hearsay, or even Joking!!

The Player concerned, Alex1229,  has the route to make a complaint, and should do if valid!!
    Hearsay about People that are My Friends,  on a Public forum , I don't like, nor will others!!

Proper Channels Please Sir!!!
  • edited September 2014
    I very rarely post on this side of the fence, but on this occasion, I feel the need. Its time for a Mod' to take over and delete the thread. It may have started off as a bit of banter/cheekiness, but it's in danger of becoming a major issue, where there's NO issue whatsoever. 
    Posted by joesman1

My wife and I have been playing  sky poker almost from its inception  and it came up a few years ago regarding people playing with the same isp address  the ruling was we could play MTTs but not SIT and GOs this is what we do now, I also know of several couples who also play and am sure all play with integrity.

I think its the ones that play using mobiles, and e mail to "talk" are the ones you need to watch
  • edited September 2014
    The Bromley's on last nights show
    What a great show, they were absolutely fantastic.
    Like ducks to water, so natural in front of the camera.
    They should be asked back in the future imo.

As for playing in the same tourney on Sky I don't see a problem with that, 
    there not breaking any rules. Many a time on Ch 861 the Bromley's, 
    have been featured playing in the same tourney and no one as so much as batted an eye lid. So why all the fuss and bother now.

ok peeps move along. Nothing to see here, MOVE ALONG. 

• edited September 2014
    Yer!!!

Me n Hitpup play all the time!!!

...she won the main event other day, but I cannot tell anyone, so shhhh!!!!!!
  • edited September 2014
    You cannot sit down at the same cash table but you can in MTTs and STTs. However, we do have systems that flag people who play at the same table and will investigate and check where necessary. On occasion, if we feel it is merited or needed, we can block people from playing the same games as each other. As has been pointed out, in an MTT it would be much more difficult to collude as you cannot control what table you will be on. In our experience, people who attempt to collude would rarely be so overtly known as the Bromleys as it would stand out to others.  Plus, I'm sure Mrs B would love to beat Adam over all others! ;) - helps keep her #BestBromley title which she has held for the last 5years. As we've said on previous occasions, if you do believe you have reason to think someone is cheating, please do contact customer care. As we said, we do have checks in place but help is appreciated too. One last thing, and sorry to be boring on this, but we'd recommend you don't joke about accusations of cheating because something that may be meant as 'tongue in cheek' could easily be misinterpreted and may offend. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    In case anybody missed it, here is the official clarification as requested in OP