You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why I love poker (part 933)

edited October 2014 in Poker Chat

There is a chap who plays on Sky Poker, & is a Community regular, who many of you know.

Mainly plays MTT's & DYM's, & plays both NLH & PLO8.

He's neither young nor old, just a normal middle aged regular guy.

Doubt he's read too many poker books, or watched Galfond as he drones on in those podcast things.

I don't know, but I'd say he was a break-even player, maybe 5% either side. Just a regular recreational I suppose. 

But......

Recently, he went a bit funny. Not in the head, but how he plays the game. Suddenly, he stated mixing it up big time, & almost deliberately doing everything different to others. His hand ranges were all over the place, but - here's the key thing - he went from regular passive, to a super-duper 'Arry Aggro. 

In the DYM's he's wreaked absolute carnage recently, nobody knows whether they are coming or going, he turns up with all sorts. Many thought he'd lost the plot.  

He is doing the same "nonsense" in NLH too, I hear.   

Yesterday, he won a satellite into last night's Main Event, & promptly won the thing, for the fat end of £1,500.

Not sure of this, but I'd say that is far & away his biggest ever win on Sky Poker.

Take a bow, Geldy.

Comments

• edited September 2014

Note that you can always see the results of these Main Events, & a good few others, on GaryQQQ's thread, HERE
  • edited September 2014

VWD Geldy! Sure you have not morphed into a TommyD/Mattbates character?

Enjoy your spoils mate.
  • edited September 2014
    aw Teeks, you shouldn't have.....

..... let the cat out of the bag :-)

ty anyway, although not sure it makes my top 3. i think my biggest win here was over £3300 for 2nd in a UKOPS one year. and as for the nonsense, i'm still practising that on you PLO8 guys, it's yet to be unleashed on the NLHE crowd.
  • edited September 2014

Ahh sorry Gelders, I had not realised you had previously had even bigger wins.,

Still very nice, mind.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Why I love poker (part 933):
    Ahh sorry Gelders, I had not realised you had previously had even bigger wins., Still very nice, mind.
    Posted by Tikay10

oh yes, and it has been a while
  • edited September 2014
    well played GELDY,,,must have been the longest heads up ever.
  • edited September 2014
    Thanks Colin, 
    overcoming that 1:3 chip deficit was hard work but nowhere near as hard as having you on my table for much of the tournament. 
    i guess teeks is trying to pretend he didn't notice you final tabled it. 
  • edited September 2014
    Well Done Geldy!!
    AMAZEBALLS

:)
  • edited September 2014
    hi Tikay
    its a wee while since i have been on the community, been busy at work etc, how are you, i hope youve settled into your new nursing home.
    I have not seen you on the TV shows , have you been sacked or is it to much for you at your age.
    anyway you take care old man, and look after yourself.

Regards Colin
  • edited September 2014
    Huge congrats Geldy - it really couldn't have been a nicer person who won last night!!

You'll have to share the secret of this new found poker method - it's obviously paying off big time for you x
  • edited September 2014
    Huge congrats Geldy - it really couldn't have been a nicer person who won last night!! You'll have to share the secret of this new found poker method - it's obviously paying off big time for you x
    Posted by IrishRose
    ty

and yes it's a sprinkling of rosey dust that makes all the difference
  • edited September 2014
    Huge congrats Geldy - it really couldn't have been a nicer person who won last night!! You'll have to share the secret of this new found poker method - it's obviously paying off big time for you x
    Posted by IrishRose
    Well, I ain't so sure about that... ;)

Seriously though: saw Rose's comment and went to check because I'd missed it... well done buddy. It's good to see one of the regular characters take it down :)
  • edited October 2014
    Nice 1 me old China!
  • edited October 2014
    hi Tikay its a wee while since i have been on the community, been busy at work etc, how are you, i hope youve settled into your new nursing home. I have not seen you on the TV shows , have you been sacked or is it to much for you at your age. anyway you take care old man, and look after yourself. Regards Colin
    Posted by ctbn
    Ha!

God bless you Colin.

No, not been sacked yet, but I'm more of sub on the bench these days, 2 Shows per month. It's an age thing I guess, but I can't complain, I've had a good run. I'm back on the Show on October 16th & 28th, both of which are "Betting Preview" Shows. I KNOW you'll be watching.

Saw a photo of you the other day, that bikini really suits you.  

xx

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Why I love poker (part 933) : Ha! God bless you Colin.   No, not been sacked yet, but I'm more of sub on the bench these days, 2 Shows per month. It's an age thing I guess, but I can't complain, I've had a good run. I'm back on the Show on October 16th & 28th, both of which are "Betting Preview" Shows. I KNOW you'll be watching. Saw a photo of you the other day, that bikini really suits you.   xx    
    Posted by Tikay10
    thats the wife in the photo.. lol

you take care old man, i will be watching, as your shows always make me laugh..
    take care TK
    COLIN
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Why I love poker (part 933) : thats the wife in the photo.. lol you take care old man, i will be watching, as your shows always make me laugh.. take care TK COLIN
    Posted by ctbn
    Thanks Colin.

I'm not entirely sure how to take that.....;)

Hope to see you soon bud. Your appearance at the Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC was "fleeting", to say the least!