You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£6 sats for the 9pm £55bh- where are you?

edited October 2014 in Poker Chat
The last 2 days there have been no £6 1in 10 sats for this?  Any one know why?  Used to plays these everyday and they always generated seats so can't see any reason why they would be removed from lobby?  

Comments

• edited October 2014

also where are the £3 all in sats for 9pm £55 bh 
  • edited October 2014
    Can't believe there wasn't any all in sats for this game again tonight - or any £6 sats either :( 

Will they back coming back??
  • edited October 2014

Noticed this too.

Maybe the High Rollers have put in a request to not give the chance for the smaller BR players to play it. We must of been upsetting the TommyD/Mattbates bragging comp ;)
  • edited October 2014

* BUMP *

NO sats for this again??
  • edited October 2014

Did anyone speak to Customer Care to enquire about this? Might have resulted in a quicker answer, the Gaming Ops boys do not monitor the Community.

I've just seen it, so have sent it Upstairs.

If I get a reply, I'll let you know.
  • edited October 2014

Hi chaps.

I got a reply from Upstairs.

They are just changing a few things, perhaps temporarily, & it will continue all weekend.

It may - or may not - revert to the previous schedule next week, it has yet to be decided.

I've no idea why they changed it, I did not ask, but sometimes there is a "bigger picture" situation.

Time will tell.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: £6 sats for the 9pm £55bh- where are you?:
    Hi chaps. I got a reply from Upstairs. They are just changing a few things, perhaps temporarily, & it will continue all weekend. It may - or may not - revert to the previous schedule next week, it has yet to be decided.   I've no idea why they changed it, I did not ask, but sometimes there is a "bigger picture" situation. Time will tell.
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks for the reply Tikay.

Tonight there are no AIPF sats for either the £2K BH (55 pound BI) or the £1.5K speed BH (again, 55 pound BI).

It will be a shame if these disappear as for those who work in the day and/or have a limited BR, they are ideal for getting into the bigger games and they help to fill the tournament too.

Yes, before anyone jumps on here and says 'build your BR and then you can play', I know this but it is still nice for the smaller players to get in via these games.
  • edited October 2014
    Hi chaps. I got a reply from Upstairs. They are just changing a few things, perhaps temporarily, & it will continue all weekend. It may - or may not - revert to the previous schedule next week, it has yet to be decided.   I've no idea why they changed it, I did not ask, but sometimes there is a "bigger picture" situation. Time will tell.
    Posted by Tikay10

Well could you ask?  oh and maybe bring to their attention that it just made the guarantee last night.  The runners have gone from 50 on Fri to 30 last night.  #justsaying    Put that bit in as I know you HATE #tags  ;-)
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: £6 sats for the 9pm £55bh- where are you? : Thanks for the reply Tikay. Tonight there are no AIPF sats for either the £2K BH (55 pound BI) or the £1.5K speed BH (again, 55 pound BI). It will be a shame if these disappear as for those who work in the day and/or have a limited BR, they are ideal for getting into the bigger games and they help to fill the tournament too. Yes, before anyone jumps on here and says 'build your BR and then you can play', I know this but it is still nice for the smaller players to get in via these games.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Understood Alan.

I have no influence in these matters, but when they do these things it is either.....

a) Because they forgot, or made a mistake when they set the template up. It does happen, obv.

b) They have decided to make some changes, usually for "wider" reasons, such as focussing on other stuff.

Anyway, I'll send the Thread upstairs again, & if they reply to me, I'll let you know.

PS - Don't forget, tonight's Turbo Tuesday has had the Guarantee "PRICE BOOSTED" this evening.

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: £6 sats for the 9pm £55bh- where are you? : Well could you ask?  oh and maybe bring to their attention that it just made the guarantee last night.  The runners have gone from 50 on Fri to 30 last night.  #justsaying    Put that bit in as I know you HATE #tags  ;-)
    Posted by Glenelg
    Hi Pad,

Well I can certainly assure you they WILL know how it is "performing" with or without the Satellites. When Guarantees are not met, the cost is classed as "subsidy", & "subsidy" is micro-managed every single day, & reviewed after every single week because, effectively, it is setting fire to money. So yes, they will be aware.

On occasion, they may be trying to "steer" play to other MTT's or Satellites, cash play, SNG's, Mobile, whatever. There is always a "wider plan", which, at our level, we can't necessarily see. It's how business works, you gotta keep tweaking things, "moving the bread display" in Supermarket parlance. When the bread display moves, it sometimes reduces low margin bread volume, & replaces it with better margin or more sustainable cake sales. Sorta thing.  

I am always happy to send these threads & requests "upstairs", but it is not my place to get ideas above my station & ask "why?", sorry. If they want me to know why, I'm sure they'll tell me. Some things are done for commercial reasons, which, not unreasonably, they prefer to keep close to their chest. I'm not being funny in saying this, I just try & look after questions where & when I can, but without becoming "high-maintenance" Upstairs.

Feel free to keep the questions coming, & I'll reply as best I'm able, but I don't really have the remit to question "why?".

• edited October 2014
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. Appreciated.  
    I suppose I'm just miffed as the £55 speed is one of my favourite large buy-in tourneys where I can lock horns with the big boys/girls.  Also, as i'm always looking for maximum "poker time" for my cash I try (and am reasonably successful) to sat-in.

P  
  • edited October 2014
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. Appreciated.   I suppose I'm just miffed as the £55 speed is one of my favourite large buy-in tourneys where I can lock horns with the big boys/girls.  Also, as i'm always looking for maximum "poker time" for my cash I try (and am reasonably successful) to sat-in. P  
    Posted by Glenelg
    You are welcome, Mr Pad, not that I was of much help, but I can't really do more than that.

I'm always happy to pass these questions up, I know a man who knows a man & all that.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: £6 sats for the 9pm £55bh- where are you? : You are welcome, Mr Pad, not that I was of much help, but I can't really do more than that.   I'm always happy to pass these questions up, I know a man who knows a man & all that.
    Posted by Tikay10

Also appreciate the time taken to send thread 'upstairs', cheers.

BUT...when are cash for points being paid?????!!!! HUH?..HUH? 

#sortitsky #bloodyfiasco
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: £6 sats for the 9pm £55bh- where are you? : Thanks for the reply Tikay. Tonight there are no AIPF sats for either the £2K BH (55 pound BI) or the £1.5K speed BH (again, 55 pound BI). It will be a shame if these disappear as for those who work in the day and/or have a limited BR, they are ideal for getting into the bigger games and they help to fill the tournament too. Yes, before anyone jumps on here and says 'build your BR and then you can play', I know this but it is still nice for the smaller players to get in via these games.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Hi Alan,

I've now had a reply.

In short, it is part of an overall review of the various Satellite Schedules on Sky Poker, & will remain "as is" for the moment. These things are always flexible though, & in due course, & if need be, they may be re-introduced. 

Part of the raison d-etre is the pressing need to de-clutter many of the Lobbies. In doing so, of course, they have to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Almost everyone agrees that some of the Lobbies - many of them - need a bit of tidying up, de-cluttering, de-weeding or whatever.

This is just "detail" stuff, & they are doing a lot of this sort of thing right now, as part of a general wish to help make the site more user-friendly, especially to strangers.

Apologies that is not the reply you were hoping for, but at least you now know the score.  

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: £6 sats for the 9pm £55bh- where are you? : Also appreciate the time taken to send thread 'upstairs', cheers. BUT...when are cash for points being paid?????!!!! HUH?..HUH?  #sortitsky #bloodyfiasco
    Posted by MAXALLY
    OK, my turn now, trivia question for you.

How many Premier League games have Sunderland won this season, & against whom?

You must list EVERY victory they have had this season, & against which team(s).

Sort it out Sparky.

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: £6 sats for the 9pm £55bh- where are you? : Hi Alan, I've now had a reply.   In short, it is part of an overall review of the various Satellite Schedules on Sky Poker, & will remain "as is" for the moment. These things are always flexible though, & in due course, & if need be, they may be re-introduced.  Part of the raison d-etre is the pressing need to de-clutter many of the Lobbies. In doing so, of course, they have to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Almost everyone agrees that some of the Lobbies - many of them - need a bit of tidying up, de-cluttering, de-weeding or whatever.   This is just "detail" stuff, & they are doing a lot of this sort of thing right now, as part of a general wish to help make the site more user-friendly, especially to strangers. Apologies that is not the reply you were hoping for, but at least you now know the score.    
    Posted by Tikay10

OK, cheers for the reply. I did play a £12 sat the other night (did a standard bubble) so I will have to see if there are any of these around later.

Regards,
    Alan
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: £6 sats for the 9pm £55bh- where are you? : OK, cheers for the reply. I did play a £12 sat the other night (did a standard bubble) so I will have to see if there are any of these around later. Regards, Alan
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Good stuff (the bubble....), as I understand it, the 1 in 5 & 1 in 10 jobbies wil probably continue as is.

You answered that Sunderland triv question yet?

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: £6 sats for the 9pm £55bh- where are you? : OK, trivia question for you. How many Premier League games have Sunderland won this season, & against whom. You must list EVERY victory they have had this season, & against which team(s). Sort it out Sparky.    
    Posted by Tikay10

NONE. Last w/ends dubious victory has now been struck off, after appeal. 

OBV, this news has not been officialy released yet, so keep it under your hat.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: £6 sats for the 9pm £55bh- where are you? : OK, my turn now, trivia question for you. How many Premier League games have Sunderland won this season, & against whom? You must list EVERY victory they have had this season, & against which team(s). Sort it out Sparky.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Bad form Tikay ;-)

PS - I'm with the others on this one, please feedback for £6 & £3 sats to be reinstated, one of the best structured tourneys to play in on this site but unfortunately I'm not good enough or have sufficient BR to buy in directly
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: £6 sats for the 9pm £55bh- where are you? : Bad form Tikay ;-) PS - I'm with the others on this one, please feedback for £6 & £3 sats to be reinstated, one of the best structured tourneys to play in on this site but unfortunately I'm not good enough or have sufficient BR to buy in directly
    Posted by Lightwood
    Ha! I was rather pleased with the Stoke City rubs myself.

Please rest assured, I have sent all the feedback Upstairs, & I know they have seen it.
  • edited October 2014
    The £55 Bh is the best daily tourney on the site and I honestly can't remember one satallite having an overlay.
    The very fact it is £55 means it needs the satallites for the average player to be able to play it. The 1 in 10 £6 sats were always busy with players where as (apart from the 7pm semi which seems to have gone aswell) the £12 sats had far far fewer players ( less than 50% of the £6 ones)
    I agree 100% about declutering but IMO they are taking the wrong sats out .